× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!

More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #45721 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!

pumpernickel wrote: That's was my thought on the whole scheme if he WERE Asterisk, but I his age seems to preclude him from actually being him.

We don't actually know Asterisk's age.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.
Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by Kettlekorn.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #45722 by peter
peter replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!

Kettlekorn wrote:

pumpernickel wrote: That's was my thought on the whole scheme if he WERE Asterisk, but I his age seems to preclude him from actually being him.

We don't actually know Asterisk's age.

Obviously it's a time traveling Aegis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kettlekorn

More
1 month 5 days ago #45727 by Kaitha39
Kaitha39 replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!
To be honest, the thing I'm most looking forward to is the incoming Team Awesome's crime(bully)-fighting adventures!

Because being stopped by a cape wannabe? Meh. Part of the villain wannabe life.
Being stopped by junior high students? Hehehehhehehehehehehe Goodbye reputation....

Any stories or Characters I put out are available to write around. Feel free to borrow them!

More
1 month 5 days ago #45731 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!
The only thing worse than being beaten by a girl? Being beaten by a girl who is so much smaller than you that everyone who saw you start the fight is like 'What a pig! Who but the worst of the worst would even think about picking on a child?' All the while you're getting your posterior firmly kicked.

Please adopt my story: whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/fabr...ants-to-be-different
Or at least correspond with me on how to improve it.
Discuss here: whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/proj...-adoption?limitstart ...

More
1 month 5 days ago #45733 by MM2ss
MM2ss replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!
So far, I have been very impressed with this particular series. Morpheus has been consistently putting out good work in my opinion.

I was going to comment on the page with the story itself, but the system told me that I was using excessive verbage, thus, I'll put my thoughts here as it appears to be the proper place.

Several comments expressed surprise at the Imp having an MID, as well as the multiple MID angle. Others noted the MCO control over MIDs.

My thoughts on the matter are that the MID issuing process appears to have two distinct phases. Testing first, then coding and issuing the MID itself.

Considering the Imp's previous career and her own abilities in regards to crafting believable forgeries, I would think she would have no problem getting MID's that say whatever she wants. I also suspect that any official testing she had would have been done at Whateley, not an MCO office (for obvious reasons, they would like to catch an actual criminal). To me, that means that there were multiple opportunities to give the MCO false data. Based on her career she would have the necessary connections to alter any electronic files before they were sent to the MCO. If a paper file was submitted instead, she has the ability to get that file and substitute it with another that says what she wants it to say. Then there is the possible collusion angle, where other members at Whateley aid her in deceiving the MCO (on orders from Hartford or Carson for example, or as a result of a bribe from the Imp). The MCO could be well and truly in the dark about what powers the Imp actually has.

Another comment mentioned the possibility of Carson having secret files detailing the powers of her employees. I think that highly likely. She would want to know who could do what and of anything that might be a problem later in some particular circumstance. Keeping files other than "official" files is a common theme in the "real world". Students have a "permanent record" that follows them class to class and grade to grade. Every teacher also keeps individual records on students, but once a student is out of their class, has graduated, or after a certain period of time, those files are destroyed. The same is true in the US military as well.

So, did the Imp reveal her actual powers as determined by legitimate testing? Maybe, it appears she did (based on her habits of being at least mostly honest and caring about students). Does the MCO have that information? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

All that being said... Great story so far and I look forward to reading more. Partially because these stories are well written but also because they are easier to follow than digging in the archives and trying to put stories in a proper order that makes sense when trying to follow a particular character.

More
1 month 5 days ago #45734 by annachie
annachie replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!
I believe she stated that shedidn't have an MID, that they were all fakes.

She also implied that she'd worked out her ratings herself.

More
1 month 5 days ago #45735 by MM2ss
MM2ss replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!
That was implied. She cleary has many false MID's. That is certainly in keeping with her past career as well. I figured there might be a legitimate MID (or mostly legit) based on the "agreement" between Whateley and the MCO. As I recall, all the folks at Whateley that are mutants have to have a MID or go elsewhere if they refuse. I think that was from a story about the end of fall semester during an address by Carson to the freshmen/new students. Now, admitedly, that was directed to students. But my sense of logic and my own experience with the government strongly suggests that such a requirement would apply to all mutants at Whateley, staff included.

Going from that point, my sense of logic dictates that at least some degree of testing would be required for new staff that did not already have a valid MID. Additionally, I suspect that Carson would have demanded that power testing be part of the agreement for the Imp to become a teacher, if for no other reason than for Carson to know what she would be dealing with if things went sour.

More
1 month 5 days ago #45736 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!

Domoviye wrote: A fantastic update.
Snark fighting at its best, some family issues, seeing a hero and villains settling things sensibly rather than simply punching away their problems, Imp gets a new student, Carson shows off her sense of humour, Aegis gets beaten up and humiliated, Unstoppable gets set on fire, and Mischief gets pranked.

I couldn't ask for more.

Edit: And Hashtag would be an awesome code name.

Not since November it wouldn't be

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
1 month 5 days ago #45747 by Iwasforger03
Iwasforger03 replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!
Hash Slinging Slasher comes alone, Imp nicknames him "Hashtag"

Sphincter was a decent interlude of unexpected humor, but I quite enjoyed the general snarkiness and I'm sure, this being morpheus, that was not remotely the last we'll see of Danny Boy. Dollars to Donuts, he's got a kid or more, and one of them will manifest in spectacular fashion...

Good work as ever, Morpheus, looking forward to more!

I am a Sexy Shoeless God of War - So suck it CP!
Dice/Hollow#1
Dice/HollowDiscuss

More
1 month 4 days ago #45751 by peter
peter replied the topic: Imp 6 A Very Imp-ortant Date!

Iwasforger03 wrote: Hash Slinging Slasher comes alone, Imp nicknames him "Hashtag"

Sphincter was a decent interlude of unexpected humor, but I quite enjoyed the general snarkiness and I'm sure, this being morpheus, that was not remotely the last we'll see of Danny Boy. Dollars to Donuts, he's got a kid or more, and one of them will manifest in spectacular fashion...

Good work as ever, Morpheus, looking forward to more!

based on the ages of Danny and Imp I would think it would be more likely it would be a grandchild than a child. Unless he had a late in age kid. He'd be what, in his fifties. Depending when he had a kid it's not out of line for him to have a Grandkid just coming up on the dangerous years.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenjaesicE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds