× Posting rules: Only the AUTHOR of a given story project is permitted to post here.

Please use 1 and only 1 thread for a given story/project. Make revisions to existing posts instead of duplicating sections of your story. Do not post replies in other authors' threads.

Note that using the forums for stories is now considered for experimental projects or for new authors who want some feedback from other authors before exposing their work to the reading community. Of course, anyone is welcome to continue to post their material here... but we hope authors will take advantage of the site features for displaying their stories to more than just the forums community.

Eire

• Rose Bunny
  • Rose Bunny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #39330 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Eire
Eire
A Whateley Universe Story
Part 10

—————

April 19th
Bureau for Criminal Apprehension HQ
St. Paul, Minnesota

Don Hansen sat at his desk, sipping his coffee. He had heard from the Overseers about the girl. That a young girl was being held and whored out like that, it was unconscionable. He was even more determined to get to the bottom of this. Everyone was. The phone rang, startling him from his introspection.

“Hey, Agent Handsome, It’s me.” He smiled at the greeting from Marie Peyton, the hot IRS investigator he had brought in on this.

“Hey, got anything for me?”, he inquired.

“I found some shell companies and a few places that Rossi was trying to keep off the books. His accountant is good, but my kung-fu is better. I’m e-mailing you a list of what I found.” Hansen smiled at that.

“You know, once this whole thing is over, I do have some vacation time accrued. I …could be convinced to visit KC…” He let the offer hang out there for a minute.

“I would enjoy that.”, She replied.

Saying his goodbyes, Hansen hung up and checked his mail. After printing out a copy, he jumped up and grabbed his coat. A few minutes later, he was in his car and heading for Minneapolis.

—————

A short time later
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, MN

Hansen walked into the command center, the ‘visitor’ tag hanging from his suit pocket. He nodded over at Brogue and Gavia, who were at a table talking.

“Don, you have a clue, I take it?”, Gavia looked over at the man.

Hansen nodded and replied. “I talked to a …friend, who is a forensic accountant for the IRS. She was able to find some locations for us that Rossi kept under various shell companies and aliases.” He put the list on the table and the two heroes looked it over. “It seems to me,“ he continued, ”that out of all of these, that strip club makes the most sense to me. He owns the whole building, including the rooms above. It wouldn’t seem unusual to see men coming and going. It’s the perfect hiding spot.” Everyone agreed, and jumped into action. If the girl was there, she would soon be free.

—————

A short time later
A Room over the Drunken Leprechaun
St. Paul, Minnesota

She was laying on the bed. She looked at the clock on the wall. If she was reading things correctly, it was nearly 2PM. Nobody had been in to mate, usually this late in the day, she would have been visited at least 3 or 4 times. Something was going on, she was ill at ease. Her fears proved true when her Master burst into the room. there was a look on his face that scared her.

“You, you bitch. You did this to me! I took you in off the street. I fed you and took care of you. You would have died if not for me! I’m gonna kill you!”, the mad man ranted at her. In his hand, the Master had something, something sharp, metallic, and gleaming. She did not know about knives, but she could sense that whatever he had, it was dangerous.

He stalked over towards her, a twisted grin on his face. She scrambled backwards, away from him. Trying to get away, she ended up backed against the wall. He came closer, ever closer. The knife raised to slash in a downward motion. As he got closer, she trembled. He leapt at her, the knife striking the wall inches from her face.

“NO!”, she shrieked, and held out her hands defensively. Without warning there was a surge of power and a strong gust of wind slammed him clear across the room, into the opposite wall. He got up and lunged towards her again. She retreated to the opposite side of the bed, and kept it between them.

Suddenly, several things happened at once. The deranged man jumped onto the bed and lunged at the girl with the knife, intending to kill her. He never got the chance, because a very large man shattered the door. Behind him was another man. The second man lifted up an object and yelled out.

“Freeze! You are under arrest! Back away from the girl!”, the man with the object yelled. Her master ignored the intruders and got even closer. He never made it. There was a loud sound, and she was covered in blood. Her master’s blood. There was a hole in his head, and when he fell on her, she felt nothing. Death… death!! Were these strangers going to kill her too? She panicked and screamed, an inhuman scream of primal terror welled out from her very core. Holding her hands up defensively, the winds rose again, pushing at the intruders. Even the largest one was having difficulty moving forward. She had not noticed the third person, the one that stepped out from behind the others. The girl was confused. She had never seen another female, and this was alien to her. The new person struggled in the wind, but then she calmly stood still, in a nonthreatening way. She had opened her mouth and began to sing. the song was haunting and melodic. It was soothing and relaxing. The young girl felt the calming effect of the song. she wearily slumped over and curled up on the bed, away from the body of the dead man. Soon she was asleep.

—————

Gavia walked over to the girl. She sat on the edge of the bed and gently stroked her hair. The girl whimpered in her sleep.
She looked over at Hansen, then at Brogue. The girl’s ordeal was over, but now what?

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #39379 by Rose Bunny
Eire
Part 11

—————

April 19th
The Drunken Leprechaun
St. Paul, Minnesota

Police and crime scene investigators were examining the club with a fine-toothed comb. as per regulation, Don Hansen had turned over his firearm and was talking to the Chief. The coroner was coming down the stairs with the body, already bagged for transport. A large crowd was forming outside, the news of the death of a major player in the local underworld brought the media and curious onlookers.

An old man stood towards the outside of the gathered throng, looking at the club with interest. When the doors opened, he looked up to see a large mountain of a man carrying a small red haired girl. She looked fragile and vulnerable, as if the slightest breeze would cause her to shatter into a thousand pieces. The large man carrying the girl looked around, and saw the old man. His eyes narrowed and brow furrowed. A look of intense hatred and anger burned in his eyes. The old man looked down, shook his head and walked away, ashamed of his part in this. Getting into his car, the man sped away, thoughts of the poor girl in his head. After this, he knew it was time to retire.

—————

A short time later
St. Joseph’s Hospital
St, Paul, Minnesota

The ambulance had pulled into the emergency bay. As the paramedics wheeled the girl in, Brogue got out of the ambulance and followed. The Paramedics gave her vitals to the doctor, who began his examination. The girl seemed to be in good shape, though she was soundly sleeping.
He sighed. She was pretty, in an exotic way, and that had caused depraved individuals to sell the girl. She had been raped repeatedly over the course of weeks. He frowned, he was not an expert in mutant physiology. Strange welts had begun to appear all over her body. She stirred and screamed as she awoke. She began scratching at her skin, clawing welts and bloody trails all over her body. Security came in and after she was sedated forcefully, she was strapped down.

The doctor walked over to Brogue and sighed. “I’m afraid that we are stumped, nobody here is trained in her unique physiology.”

Brogue pondered for a moment, and reached for his phone. The Doctors here might not know anything, but he knew someone that could get him answers.

—————

A few minutes later
Whateley Academy
Near Dunwich, New Hampshire

Elizabeth Carson’s intercom buzzed. “Liz, you have a call from Sean Murphy on line one.”, the voice of Elaine Claire said.

“Brogue, to what do I owe this unexpected delight?”, Liz inquired.

“Well Lizzie, we have a wee bit o’ an issue here. During one of our cases we rescued a sidhe lassie that was being held captive by a particularly slimy individual. The problem being now that none o’ the’ fine doctors here have any sort o’ experience with sidhe or their physiology. I was wondering’ if ye had anyone on staff that could consult with them.” Brogue smiled, knowing that he was probably one of the few people who could get away with calling her ‘Lizzie’,

Carson replied in a cordial manner, “I’ll transfer you over to Dr. Tenent, She’ll be able to answer any of their questions.”

Brogue replied, “Much obliged, Lizzie. Thank ye.”

After Elizabeth Carson transferred the call, she hung up and a smile crept across her face. “That silver-tonged devil’s surely been kissing the Blarney stone.”

—————

That afternoon
St. Joseph’s Hospital
St, Paul, Minnesota

Doctor Reese came out to the waiting room. Brogue and Gavia were standing by the nurse’s station and had seen him come out of the exam room.

“Thanks to your colleagues’ help, we were able to determine that she was having a severe allergic reaction to the vinyl on the exam table. We’ve treated that, and with the help of Doctor Tenent, we’ve been able to do a full work-up. The girl seems to be in excellent shape, for a teenaged girl of approximately 15 years old.” the Doctor hesitated and a frown crept across his face.

Gavia picked up on that immediately. “But?”

Doctor Reese sighed. “Well, one of the tests came back with a troubling result, so we opted to do an ultrasound. It appears the girl is roughly 3 weeks along.”

Brogue tensed up, and balled his fists. “Ye mean...?”

Doctor Reese nodded sadly, “She’s pregnant.”

Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, Wavehead

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #39513 by Rose Bunny
Eire
Part 12

—————

April 21st
St. Joseph’s Hospital
St, Paul, Minnesota

LeAnna sat quietly by the sleeping girls bed. She had been sleeping for most of the last couple days. In that time, the heroes had not been idle. An emergency order of guardianship had been issued to both her and her partner. The girl was to be released into their custody. A call had been placed to Duluth, and both Mindweaver and Starfield would be arriving tomorrow. As she sat with the girl, her memories drifted back to her own adolescence. It had been difficult for her when she first manifested as a mutant. What this poor girl was going through was worse. She stroked the sleeping girls hair gently, and watched as a smile crept across her face.

—————

April 22nd
St. Joseph’s Hospital
St, Paul, Minnesota

The girl had awoken panicky and nervous. Looking around, she was in a strange place. She saw the woman from the other day. She was not in the black and white skin tight uniform, but she recognized her. That calmed her down a little. A nurse entered the room with a chair that had large wheels. She was instructed to get into it. Nervously, she looked over to the other woman, who nodded with a warm smile. They wheeled her down the hall, and into a small room. she felt fear as the doors of the room closed, and a feeling of movement hit her. It was over quickly, and she was out of the tiny room. They continued to wheel her out, through the doors, and she was outside!

She had seen the outside through the windows of the room she had been locked in. It seemed wondrous, there had been people walking around and big metal boxes rolling around. What came next surprised her. The woman that had become her new protector helped her gently into the wheeled thing. The girl used that brief contact to examine her. This woman felt different from all the men she had touched. there was a warmth radiating from her. Feeling more relaxed, the girl sat silently as the box thing moved. she watched in wonder as the world went past her window.

—————

A short time later
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota

After pulling into the underground lot, LeAnna showed the girl how to undo her seatbelt. They went up the elevator and into the Headquarters. Leading the girl to a room, LeAnna opened the door and invited her in.

“These are your new quarters, you can use this room. Don’t be afraid though, you won’t be locked in here. We are not like the man that held you. We will not hurt you.” LeAnna smiled and motioned to the room. There was a bed and chair, a small desk, and a door leading into a bathroom. On the wall was a large flat-screen television. “Do you have any questions?”

The girl looked at her, and nervously attempted to speak. It was difficult, but with great trouble, she got out her first complete sentence. “Are y..you my new masters?” She looked up uncertainly.

LeAnna felt her heart break for the girl. Her quiet, timid voice hit her hard, and she struggled to hold back tears. “Oh, you poor thing, no. You are free. Nobody will force themselves on you ever again. That man was evil, the things he did to you... the things he made you do with others. He shouldn’t have done those things. What you did is something that should only be shared willingly, with someone you want to do them with.” She moved closer and opening her arms, she invited the girl into a hug, a hug that was readily accepted.

She told the girl that her room was right next door, and that she would be there if or when she was needed. With that, she gave the girl some time to settle in. It was hard to imagine that the girl they had found just a few days ago was this same girl. Back then, the girl in the emerald green corset and panties with the blood spattered on them, had looked so delicate and fragile. Like she was seconds away from shattering. Now the girl in the baggy blue sweatpants and pink tee looked like a different person entirely. She was rested and more relaxed. There were still problems, and the heroes would be there to address them.

—————

At that same time
Twin Cities International Airport
Bloomington, Minnesota

Sean Murphy stood at the gate, awaiting the two women that were scheduled to arrive. Hardly difficult to miss, he still held up the sign that said “TCO?”, in large letters. The first woman saw him, nodded and walked over. He had met Mindweaver before, during that trouble with Doctor Genebender and the giant mutated fish near St. Cloud. She was as beautiful out of costume now, as she had been in costume then. Standing about 5’10”, with long pastel blue hair in a french braid, and solid black eyes. She was long and slender, with curves that most supermodels would sell their souls to some minor demon to have. The tight black jeans and tighter white pull-over sweatshirt did nothing to detract from that opinion.

Sean smiled, “Weaver, where’s ye partner?”

“Oh, she’s coming, the air marshal on the flight was being a little lecherous, so she’s busy dealing with that. She’ll be along shortly.”, The tall beauty replied.

Sure enough, as soon as that was said, a short woman, probably 5’ even, came walking up. Starfield had long black hair, tied in a ponytail. her deep brown eyes giving away her Japanese ancestry. She was bundled in a loose-fitting maroon University of Duluth hooded jacket and short maroon skirt over black leggings. She was young, probably no older than 19 or 20. Her most distinguishing feature however, was the strange star-shaped red skin discoloration over her right eye. After going to baggage claim and loading their bags into the SUV, Sean helped the ladies into the car, and they departed for the Headquarters.

Mindweaver looked out the window as thy drove past Fort Snelling, and on towards Downtown Minneapolis. She shifted in her seat, and then looked over towards the man driving. “While we are certainly happy to come down and help you guys out while you are short-handed, Caribou was a little perplexed as to why you specifically asked for the two of us.” She asked, looking over toward Starfield, who nodded her agreement.

Brogue smiled, and replied. “Beyond having two such lovely lasses along with us? Ay, there is another reason, we asked for ye, and ye’ll meet her when we get to the HQ.”

Brogue kept driving, oblivious to the odd glance shared between the telepath and the mage.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #39688 by Rose Bunny
Eire
Part 13

—————

April 22nd
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota

LeAnna was sitting in a chair by the young girl, showing her how to use the hairbrush that she was holding. After observing, the girl took the brush and experimented with it, giving herself an awful case of floofy hair. Laughing, she took the brush from the girl and helped her get it straightened out.

Brogue walked in with the two newest Overseers following quick behind. “I’m sure ye two know Gavia, She’s sorta th’ boss here. Don’ worry though, her bark is worse than her bite.”, The two newbies nodded towards her. “And this lassie is part o’ th’ reason we asked for you two specifically.”

Starfield walked over to the elven-looking girl and held out her hand. “Hi, my codename is Starfield, though you can call me Charity.”, she pleasantly exclaimed. The girl shrunk back from her, nervously looking at the extended hand.

Gavia spoke up, “I’m sorry we haven’t had any time to brief you, but we thought you two should be appraised of the situation. We rescued this girl from captivity, she was being held by a man who was using her for prostitution. As far as we know, she doesn’t have a name…” Gavia turned visibly pale and smacked her forehead. “I’m sorry… we never asked you. Do you have a name?”, She asked.

The girl tilted her head in thought. “The master and the other men that mated with me would call me ’Slut’, or “whore’, or ‘bitch’… are those my names?”, she asked. Everyone in the room frowned. Mindweaver furrowed her brow in concentration, and the girl’s eyes opened wide open in shock. She looked over at the telepath, and tilted her head again.

“As far as I can tell, she doesn’t have a name. It appears as though she was found in a state of tabula rasa, and stitched a consciousness together on her own from those she came in contact with. She has a low-level telepathic ability, but it appears to be based on skin contact, from what I can ascertain.” She looked over at the puzzled girl. “I’m sorry if I’m talking about things you don’t understand, I just find you fascinating.” Mindweaver finished speaking, and smiled at the girl. The girl smiled back, though still slightly confused.

Brogue looked at the young lass. “Hm, with no name of your own how about… Essylt? In the language of my ancestors, it means ‘exceptionally beautiful’…”, He suggested.

The girl smiled. “I am Essylt!”, she squealed with glee. With that settled, She happily bounced up and down in the bed, looking paradoxically like a 5 year old in the body of an extremely attractive young woman.

—————

A short time later
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Leaving Essylt to her own devises, the others left the room and walked to the command center. After finishing the formalities of adding the new members to the official team registry, the quartet got down to work.

Starfield looked around at the others gathered. “Okay, I see why you wanted Mindweaver here, but I’m a little confused as to my purpose.”, She muttered before looking downward.

Gavia spoke up, “When we rescued the g… Essylt, she kind of panicked and cast a really powerful wind spell, reflexively. A wind strong enough to pin an exemplar 6 with level 4 PK superman abilities in place.” She looked over at Brogue, who was blushing in embarrassment. “She’s a potentially high-level mage, and since she’s clearly not ready for Whateley, we need someone who can help with teaching her control. Additionally, I did my homework, and anyone that Circe has glowing recommendations about is certainly someone worth having around.” Starfield stammered, she hadn’t known that Circe, of all people, was giving glowing reports about her.

Brogue took his turn in updating the newest members of the team. “Additionally, there is a further complication. Mindweaver might have picked up on it, I’m sure.” He looked over at the telepath, who simply nodded. Continuing, he explained. “She’s about 3-4 weeks pregnant. We’ve talked t’ Carson on this, but frankly Whateley isn’t prepared to deal with a pregnant student at this time. What with ragers, and violent students on the campus… even if she were mentally capable of attending, there would be problems. Furthermore, Carson is worried. She has other sidhe on campus, one of whom is a VERY powerful mage, and has connections t’ The Five Fold Court. Now, Carson doesn’t think that that student would hurt Essylt, far from it. But bringing such a naive girl into th’ sphere o’ influence o’ such a person certainly wouldn’t be good for her.”

The meeting concluded, and the two young women went off to get settled in.

Starfield knocked on Mindweaver’s door.

“Come in, Charity. The door is unlocked.”, the older of the two said.

Starfield walked in and sat down on the bed, uneasily. “Cassie, I’m not sure about all this. This is a lot to take in.”

Mindweaver nodded, “You wanted to step up to the big leagues. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it in Duluth, and Caribou took such good care of everyone on the team… But here we can make a difference, a big difference. Plus tomorrow you know what we have to do?”

Charity smiled and nodded. On the way, they had passed the Mall of America. Being that close to the largest shopping mall in the United States only meant one thing… “Shopping trip!”, she squealed.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #39865 by Rose Bunny
Eire
Part 14

—————

April 22nd
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota

LeAnna sat in the common room, watching the news. Nothing was really going on, and that suited her just fine. She watched as Essylt wandered in, having appropriated several issues of Ranger Rick and Highlights magazines from reception. It would have been amusing to see, if not for the fact that the individual doing it looked to be a very mature looking teenager, and not the 5 year old they were acting like.

Smiling at the new arrival, LeAnna motioned for her to come over and sit with her. Essylt wandered over, and sat down beside her. LeAnna turned the TV over to Sesame Street. The redhead watched engrossed. It was so strange to LeAnna, this girl was taller than she was, and her physique rivaled the one LeAnna had back before her manifestation. Essylt snuggled up against her happily. LeAnna smiled happily and gently petted the girl’s head. Due to problems that had been caused by her spirit, LeAnna could not have children, but perhaps this young girl was there to make up for that.

After the program ended, Leanna looked at the young woman sho leaned comfortably against her. “Essy, do you want to talk?”, the older woman asked.

Essylt looked at her. “Can we?”, the young lady asked.

With a smile, LeAnna nodded and agreed. “I would like to talk to you. You know you are safe here, and you don’t have to worry anymore. There are things that we need to talk about, that are very important. You do know that the man who found you was a very BAD man. The things he did to you were things that he should not have done. The things the other men did were not right either.”

Essylt frowned. “I liked most of it, it felt nice. I wanted to feel it a lot. It tingled in a good way. Except when mas… the bad man got angry and scary. Am I bad, because I liked it?”, Essylt asked, afraid that LeAnna would be mad at her. She liked the older woman, she was afraid that she would not like her anymore.

“No, you are not bad. What you did is something that is normal. What was bad was that they didn’t give you a choice. Sex is something that you share with someone by your own choice. It is something that both people involved in have to agree to. If someone else makes you, even if it feels good, it’s wrong for them to do it.”, LeAnna hugged the girl. More and more she was beginning to think of this girl like a daughter.

“That brings up another problem.”, Leanna said.

Essylt put her hand on her stomach and whimpered. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…”, she cried.

LeAnna hugged the girl and stated, ”You are not in trouble, but we need to talk about your baby. We all adore you, and we will be here through this all for you. We are just worried for you because this will be hard on you. The baby will get bigger as it grows in you. You will get sick, your stomach won’t feel good, and there will be times when you can’t keep your food down. You will gain weight, there will be times when you feel like it is too hard to get out of bed. And having the baby won’t be easy either.”

She could see that Essylt was getting a little scared. Looking over to the TV, she had an idea. Picking up the small keyboard for the gadgeteer-made television, she punched in a search. Holding the larger girl tightly, they sat in silence and watched a documentary on conception, pregnancy, and childbirth. LeAnna held her hand the entire time. She could feel Essylt’s emotions as the girl unconsciously shared them through her telepathic abilities. Worry and concern and at times fear, but when LeAnna squeezed her hand gently, love and acceptance and peace replaced those fears.

—————

A short time later
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Essylt had left the lounge, taking the magazines she had brought with her. LeAnna sat and pondered for a while, after all the problems and losses and tragedies that had befallen the team, maybe this young girl would be what they needed. Her very presence had required the addition of the two newest members, and an idea was forming in her mind, one that might at least partially bring back another that had left.

Getting up and walking to her room, LeAnna walked in and closed the door. Sighing, she hesitated before picking up the phone and dialing. Uncertain, she spoke. “Renata?, it’s LeAnna… I might have a job for you, and this one doesn’t require suiting up…”

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #40098 by Rose Bunny

little something to tide you over while I struggle to write.

Gavia, at Lake Calhoun on a Summer day..

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #40128 by Rose Bunny
Eire
Part 15

—————

April 22nd
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Sean Murphy walked into the reception area, he had been to visit his mother. She was not taking the disappearance of her Father all that well. He had, of course, seen the old man as he had left the crime scene. That Old Man O’Sullivan had left control of the mob to Sean’s uncle Rory was no shock. He knew the old man was attempting to save face, after the debacle with Essylt and Rossi.

What Sean hadn’t expected was seeing the lass at the security checkpoint having trouble. He looked over to the guard, a new hire named Chetworth. “Is there a problem, boyo?”, he inquired.

Chetworth, a slender, brown haired young man of perhaps 24 looked up at him. “Yes sir. This woman seems to think that this ID card is legitimate. It’s obviously a fake.”

Nodding, he looked at the woman, an attractive lassie with freckles and big ice blue eyes that complimented her strawberry blonde hair. He smiled to the woman, who smiled back. He addressed her with a look of bemusement, “So lass, ye think this card can get ye into th’ headquarters of th’ Twin Cities Overseers?”

Chetworth was grinning like the cat that ate the canary. Someone was going to get chewed out by Brogue, and he got to see it in person.

“So Miss, um… Hughes, is it? There’s only one thing I can say after seeing this card, and that is… go right on in.” Brogue smirked, and saw Miss Hughes do likewise.

Chetworth was absolutely dumbfounded. “But sir,” he squeaked. “ That woman was using a fake ID to get in.”

Brogue looked the younger man up and down. “Expired, perhaps, but hardly fake. I suggest ye get someone to take yer place at this desk, while ye go to records and review the past members list. Ye just tried to refuse entry to Lake, a former member in good standing, and a close personal friend o’ mine.”, He exclaimed, looking at the guard with a stern face.

Chetworth lowered his head and slunk off, another security officer slid into place at the desk.

Brogue made his way up to the rec room, where he found Lake already telling the story to a laughing Gavia. LeAnna looked over at him, and invited him to sit. “So,” she said, looking at Lake, “I bet you are wondering why I asked you in. Let me reassure you, I’m not asking you to get back in the field. I have an offer of a safe job here, one that you will probably like.”, Gavia said in a pleasant relaxing tone.

As circumstance would have it, Essylt walked into the room with a stuffed gopher plushie, and a doughnut hanging out of her mouth. Sensing all the eyes on her, Essylt looked up, and with a full mouth mumbled, the doughnut falling on the floor. “What?”

Brogue got up and took the girl by the hand, and led her out. “Come, Lass. Let’s let the grown ups talk about all th’ serious boring stuff, shall we?”

Essylt giggled and followed along obediently.

“Renata, this is Essylt. She’s the reason I called you here.”, said Gavia. The Leader of the Overseers then explained about Rossi, and the circumstances leading up to his death, and the rescue of the young sidhe girl.

Renata Hughes took in the information and nodded. “So, essentially you want me to work with your new recruits to help this girl… what? Become the next team member? After Tamarak, I would think that you all would realize how dangerous this line of work is. This is no place for a child.” Renata fumed, this did not seem like a good idea. far from it, in fact.

Before her friend could get up and leave, Gavia gently grabbed her arm and indicated for her to wait.

I don’t want her to join the team,” She explained.”, I was hoping you could teach her. With Mindweaver helping to strengthen her consciousness, and Starfield training her in her magic, at least she could have options. Right now we have a girl with the physique of a very attractive teenager, but the mind of a small child. Throw in the strong fae glamour that you no doubt noticed, and what seems to be very high magical potential… How can we sit by? I don’t want her on the team, at least not as is, and at least not for several years. What I want is someone that is capable of going to Whateley and learning how to make a future for herself, no matter what course that is.”

Renata nodded and replied. “Of course, you’re right. I’m sorry. I’ve had no other offers this late in the school year. I think this is a good idea. I’ll take the job… on one condition. I don’t have to wear that skin-tight monstrosity any more.”

LeAnna fake pouted and responded. “Aww, but you were so hot in that bodysuit. If you weren’t so annoyingly straight, I would have made a run at you. You certainly filled it out right. Oh well, my loss is Bill’s gain.” Both women laughed and talked about how things had been and what each had been up to since they last saw each other.

—————

Meanwhile
Elsewhere in the Overseer’s HQ

Sean and Essylt walked into the private lunchroom, The girl sat down and played with her plushie. The tall man fixed her a salad and brought it over to her. He began to turn away, when he felt the girl suddenly pressed against him. She was purring in a sensual manner, probably unaware she was doing it. She ran her hand across his chest and pressed tighter, allowing him to feel her breasts against him. Unprepared for this assault, Sean barely pulled away in time to avoid the kiss.
“Lassie, what in the name of all that’s holy are ye doin’?” he asked, stunned.

Essylt frowned at being spurned, her big sad grey eyes welling up with tears. “I’m sorry. I thought you liked me. You all have been so nice to me. I wanted to thank you.” She cried and walked dejectedly over to the table, head down.

“Ach Lassie, we all love you. but na’ in tha’ way. Sex is something that a couple share because they love each other, yes. But not like how we love ye. To us ye are like family. There are rules for sex, rules you will understand when ye get older. First of all is that both people must love each other in a special way. Sex should be between people that understand those special rules. It is wrong f’r me to do that with ye lass because ye are too young, for one thing. There are laws against that. F’r another, romantic love is different from family love. It’s f’r ye when you find someone ye can build a family with, and love in a romantic way. It’s nae for old farts like me, ones that think of ye like a daughter.”, Sean explained and hugged the girl.

She seemed to understand, but he had best tell LeAnna about this, and maybe Renata. Yes, Renata was the perfect one to help the girl with this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, Wavehead

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #40502 by Rose Bunny
Eire
Part 16

—————

April 29th
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Renata knocked on the door for the second time. There was no answer, which was unusual. It had been a week since she had started teaching Essylt, and the girl was normally eager to start her lessons. Cautiously, She opened the door and entered. She looked around and noticed the bathroom door open. The girl was laying against the wall next to the toilet, her robe and pajamas looked disheveled. She felt a pang of sympathy for the girl. Giving her a gentle hug, she helped her up and guided her to the bed. Essylt let out a soft whimper, and then laid down.

“I’ll be back in a little bit for our lesson, okay?”, Renata stated softly. Essylt nodded, then felt that was a bad idea, as she bolted back into the bathroom.

Entering the command center, she noticed that Mindweaver was sitting at the table, looking through a psychology book.

“Whatcha reading?”, Renata asked.

Cassandra Duncan, a.k.a. Mindweaver, looked up at her. “Looking through my psych textbooks, I want to make sure that my sessions are going well. The problem with this is that it’s pretty much unexplored territory.”

Renata looked at her quizzically.

Cassie continued to explain, the confusion evident. “Think of Essylt’s consciousness, her entirety of being, her ‘soul’ if you will, as one of those giant 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles. Renata nodded, and Cassie continued, “the thing with her is that the entirety of her puzzle is blank white. Furthermore, there is no picture on the box to look at, and she is being handed the pieces randomly. How do we we best assemble the puzzle?”

Rennie nodded. “That’s quite a complex matter, I didn’t think of it that way.”

Cassie smiled and looked up from the book. ”So, how is our little wonder-child this morning?”, she asked.

Renata frowned. “Puking her guts out, the poor dear.”

“I have an idea, if you think she’s up to it.”, Cassie said. “Do you think a trip to get her out of the HQ and into public would be a good idea?”

Renata thought about it, and nodded. “Even in the past week that we’ve both been working with her, I have seen amazing growth. A reward is certainly in order. Plus she will start to get a little big for the few outfits she has right now. And we can always drag Brogue along to play Pack-mule.” She snickered and got up to go see how poor Essylt was feeling.

—————

An hour later
Southdale Mall,
Edina, Minnesota

Essylt bounced around happily, taking in the sights as she looked around. there were people everywhere. So many stores and so much to do. Mindweaver… oops, She was supposed to call her Cassie when not in uniform… was teaching her about money and how to buy things. As a treat, Miss Rennie had given her a 5 dollar bill, and told her that she could go over to the ice cream stand and get anything that she could afford. Having decided on a triple scoop ice cream cone of chocolate, maple nut, and cherry, she walked over. Essylt did the math as she was shown. The ice cream would cost $3.85, that meant she would get back $1.15. She smiled and happily took the change and the ice cream, and walked back to the others, who were a little ways away.

Everyone congratulated her on doing well, and she sat blissfully licking the ice cream. She didn’t know it, however that in her happiness, she was pushing her glamour out, stronger than usual. Her guardians were unaffected, but several nearby boys looked around, noticing her.

Sean Murphy watched warily as the group of three boys walked over. The first one, a tall Hispanic youth, stepped up to Essylt.

“Yo baby, I saw you from over there, and thought what’s such a fine thing as you doing hanging with these old people?”

Essylt looked at the boy and innocently said, “They are my guardians. They keep me safe.”

The boy, undeterred, took the ravishing creature by the arm and tried to leave.

Essylt squealed, “Let me go!”

Sean stood up. “Ye heard the lassie, let her go.”, he rumbled.

The youth was not to be refused. “Hey, old man, shouldn't you be off fixing the warp drive or something?”

Sean cracked his knuckles and stood up. “Ach, youth these days. Not knowing th’ difference between a Scotsman and an Irishman. That I can forgive, but manhandling a wee lass, especially when she tells ye that she’s not interested. That’s something else.”, He said with a deep timbre to his voice.

Looking up at the massive man-mountain before him, the boy and his friends reconsidered things, and went off to find girls that were less hassle to pick up.

Essylt, frightened, buried her face in Sean’s chest and whimpered. For his part, he petted her head gently and reassured her.

The traumatic incident behind her, she cheered up and happily continued her shopping.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #40653 by Rose Bunny
Eire
Part 17

—————

May 1st
Twin Cities Overseer HQ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Essylt was having another bad morning. She staggered out of her room, looking quite green. The oversized tee she had on that proclaimed ‘baby on board’ in large letters fit more like a loose dress than a shirt. She walked over to the circular table, sat down and put her head on it. Connie and Charity looked at each other and gave a little chuckle between them, then rubbed the poor girl's back. The young girl moaned, and sat there.

LeAnna walked into the room with a tall, well dressed woman. The bright beige contrasting with her dark cocoa complexion. She sat opposite Essylt at the circular table, with LeAnna at her right side.

Leanna looked at everyone seated at the table. “For those of you who are new here,” she stated, “This is our chief legal counsel, Judith Carlson.”

She nodded toward the woman, and made introductions. Judith, looked at everyone there, her eyes settling on Essylt, who was looking around uneasily.

“Now as you know, temporary emergency custody was granted to Brogue and I, pending the location of any biological family.” Leanna said in a mellow tone, “However, no indication of any known family has been discovered, and after consulting with Elizabeth Carson, the possibility of Essylt having undergone a dramatic genetic change has been raised.” The court finds that we may never locate any next of kin, and has issued an order that Essylt be turned over to the MCO and Children’s Protective Services.”

Essylt began to visibly shake and her eyes grew wide and teary. Both Mindweaver and Starfield moved their chairs closer to her and each woman put an arm around her.

Judith looked up from the touching scene, and adjusted the glasses that perched at the end of her slightly upturned nose before she spoke. “I have filed an injunction, preventing the transfer of custody. Furthermore, I have filed LeAnna’s official petition for adoption.”

Essylt looked up in surprise and delight, getting up and gently slipping from the comforting embrace given by the women at her side. She squealed and hurried over to LeAnna, and threw herself into a bearhug, wrapping her arms tightly around the smaller woman. “So, you are going to be my mom?” she hesitantly asked.

LeAnna smiled and said. “With any luck, yes. But don’t get too excited. This is far from a sure thing. There will be hearings, the judge will hear the evidence, and make a decision based on all the facts. But they will also listen to you, and to me. and ask our opinions. So be sure if this is what you want”, she cautioned.

“Oh it is, it surely is!”, squealed the young Sidhe. Her joyful exuberance was cutshort, however, as she turned green, cupped her hand over her mouth, and ran from the room.

—————

May 3rd
Como Park
St. Pail, Minnesota.

The redhaired fae girl sat beneath a tree, reading slowly through the book she held. She was overjoyed. In so brief a time, she had been freed from the bad man, She and her baby would be safe. Momma LeAnna would make sure of that! Her training with Connie was going well, the training was helping her get stronger. She felt more complete, not fully there yet, but her mind was stronger. Her attention didn’t drift as much, she could think about difficult things like money and time and stuff that had given her trouble before. She felt more mature. Miss Renata had been helping her understand school stuff, and why it was important. Essylt liked learning about history and civilization, and why things worked, and why they were important.

She put the dog-eared copy of The Hobbit down and watched her ‘family’. Sean, whom she loved like a father, was playing frisbee with Charity. A little ways away, Connie and Renata were trying to light the grill. Renata’s fiancee, Bill, was playing with his dog. Essylt had squealed with delight at being introduced to Roger, the little corgi. When the puppy came over and licked her face, she laughed long and hard. She really hoped that the Judge was a nice person that let her stay. Momma LAnna came over and handed her a wide-brimmed hat.

“I don’t know if it’s the same for sidhe, but for fair-skinned humans, you need to cover up to avoid getting sunburn.”, she explained.

“Yes Mom.”, Essylt said in a cheery voice. Those words hit LeAnna right in the heart. She began to tear up and turning to the girl, she embraced her carefully yet firmly. With perfect timing, Roger waddled over to them both and started licking their faces, making both women giggle and laugh like crazy.

Sean took over the cooking once the grill was lit, and soon steaks and sausages were cooking, along with LeAnna’s walleye, a bunch of squash and mixed vegetables for Essylt, and plenty of corn for all. After everyone stuffed their faces, Bill handed Roger’s leash to Essylt, and let her take him for a walk. Charity came along and they talked about magic. Essylt had been learning minor spells and how to draw essence from the mage, and was showing a knack for it. She didn’t know it, but Charity thought that the girl might be a stronger mage than she was, or at least had that potential. That worried her a little, because of how the girl had been found. If she hadn’t been rescued, and her powers had been discovered, she could have been twisted into a powerful villain. This team was what the girl needed, and she hoped that the courts could see that.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #40868 by Rose Bunny
Eire
Part 18
—————

May 5th
Hennepin County Government Center
Minneapolis, Minnesota

“All rise, court is now in session.” The Bailiff stated, “The Honorable Thomas Garvey presiding.”

The Judge, a tall man with blonde and grey hair, sat down on the bench. Looking at the assembly, he motioned to the attorneys.

“Miles Darver, representing the people, your honor.”, stated the lead attorney. He was a tall man, slim and somewhat gangly looking.

“Your Honor, Judith Carlson representing the Twin Cities Overwatch.” Judith brushed the front of her suit, straightening it.

The judge looked at them. “Mr. Darver, I have read your petition for the minor Jane Doe in question to be turned over to Child Services. Likewise, Miss Carlson, I have read your request for a dismissal of the people’s request, and the filing of a request for adoption of the minor in question. Before we get too far into things, I will hear both sides and make my ruling based on the best interest of the minor. I also note the presence of the MCO at these proceedings, however due to the potentially sensitive nature of the information, I have to bar you from the court.”

With this, a man stepped from the gallery. “Your Honor, My name is Davis Henderson, attorney for the MCO. Anticipating such an order, I have a signed notice from the State Supreme Court barring any exclusionary actions.

The smarmy-looking man stepped forward and handed the document to the Bailiff, who then handed it over to the judge.

The judge looked over the document, and then looked to the attorneys. “It seems I have no choice but to allow the MCO to witness the events here, but I will say this. If any details revealed in this hearing are found to be leaked to … improper parties, I will make sure that you regret ever stepping into my court. That being said, I am going to formally declare a gag order on all discussions with outside parties.”

The attorneys agreed and sat down.

Looking at Mr. Darver, the Judge spoke. “Mr. Darver, you may make your opening statements.”

“Thank you, your Honor. We are here today to discuss the well-being of the minor officially known as Jane Doe. The people feel it is in the child’s best interest that she be removed from her current situation. It has come to our attention that the child in question is a mutant, and we feel that her being housed by a hero team raises serious concerns for the child’s safety and well-being.” Darver finished his statement and walked over to his seat.

Judge Garvey looked over to Judith Carlson, who was consulting with a short woman that sat beside her. “Miss Carlson, anything to add, before we get started?”

Judith turned and looked at the judge. “Yes, Your Honor,” She said as she got up and stood before the judge. “We are seeking continued guardianship because we feel that it is in the best interest of the girl in question. There are special circumstances that we feel make it imperative that the girl in question remain with her current guardians.”

“Very well,” The Judge said. “Mr. Darver, you may call your first witness.”

Darver stood up. “ Your honor, the people call Dr. Lesley Bowden.”

The Bailiff held up a bible and swore in the older woman. she was perhaps in her late 50’s, and a little overweight. She looked out of place in the courtroom, and more like she should be in a kitchen baking pies.

Darver approached the witness box. “Please state your name and profession.”, He said with a pleasant smile.

“Doctor Lesley Bowden, chief of pediatric psychiatry at Hennepin County Medical Center.”, she said, leaning over to the microphone.

“Doctor, on May 4th, you had the opportunity to examine the Jane Doe in question?”

“I did.”, She responded.

“And what did you make of her psychological condition?”

“From my examination, I determined that the girl Is bright, outgoing, and eager to please. However I was disturbed by several factors. She is delayed in both emotional and educational development. From all indication, she has the emotional faculties of a girl of perhaps 8 years old. Furthermore, her cognitive skills are quite advanced, and yet she is showing signs of being behind her apparent age by at least a couple years.”, The doctor stated, and looked at the little redhead seated in the back row.

“Thank you Doctor, no more questions.”, Darver said.

Judith Carlson stood up and approached the bench. “Doctor I assume that prior to your examination, you read the reports from the BCA and the Overseers?”

“I did.”, She said.

“Then I assume you are aware that the girl had been held captive and forced into being a sex-slave for several weeks prior to her rescue? And that after her rescue, she had been withdrawn from her surroundings? Would you say that given the nature of her captivity and her emotional state, that there has been improvement in the time since?”, Judith inquired.

“There seems to be improvement over the preliminary assessment performed immediately after the rescue, yes.”, stated the doctor.

“So, given that she was held prisoner and assaulted repeatedly, her current emotional state is unusual?”

“I would say that she is coping remarkably well.”, the Doctor replied.

“Thank you, no more questions.”, Judith stated.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, mhalpern, Anne

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds