× Posting rules: Only the AUTHOR of a given story project is permitted to post here.

Please use 1 and only 1 thread for a given story/project. Make revisions to existing posts instead of duplicating sections of your story. Do not post replies in other authors' threads.

Note that using the forums for stories is now considered for experimental projects or for new authors who want some feedback from other authors before exposing their work to the reading community. Of course, anyone is welcome to continue to post their material here... but we hope authors will take advantage of the site features for displaying their stories to more than just the forums community.

The Call of the Waters

• Rose Bunny
  • Rose Bunny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #41918 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: The Call of the Waters
The Call of the Waters
A Whateley Universe story.
Part 11

May 25th, 1994
Lions Park
Hastings, Minnesota

Judy Carlson sat on a bench near the usual hangout spot. She patted the girl next to her on the back, reassuringly.
The rest of the gang would soon be there. Most of them were in the finals rush, and a chance to blow off steam was always welcome. Judy had finished her finals already, and was to be the valedictorian of the graduating class. She looked at the girl next to her, and smiled. They had the summer before them, and this test would go far towards making it the best summer it could be. Still, she was apprehensive. People did not think well of LeAnna, but if she could pull this off, there was hope.

Looking up, Judy saw Jenny Richards and the gang approaching. She bit her lip. Jeff Pierson was with the group of teens.
How he had snaked his way in after what Jenny had done to him, Judy would likely never understand.

Looking over at the girl next to Judy, Jeff licked his lips and walked over. “So, ‘Muncher. Who is this with you?”, the insensitive prick asked.

It was no secret that Jeff had come out as a bigot after the whole incident with LeAnna. She had known before though, the little jibes and comments about her sexual preference and skin color had pissed her off, but for LeAnna’s sake she had held her tongue. That caused Judy to smirk. She had won, Jeff had lost. And he didn’t know what a prize he had given up.

“Hi, Ah’m Annalee. Ah just moved here from Alabama to stay with my cousin here. I’m pleased as punched to meet y’all.”

Jenny shook her head. “Hi! I’m Jenny Richards. The moron that was just talking is Jeff Pierson, please ignore him, we all do.”

LeAnna, or Annalee as she was passing herself off as, just smiled and held out her hand, offering a shake. Jenny took it and gave it a firm, shake.

Russ Olsen introduced himself, and as he did so, he pinched Jenny’s ass, all the while glancing down the open v-neck of Annalee’s shirt at the subtle hint of cleavage.

Derek Maxwell, the center on the basketball team looked down at the diminutive girl. “You said you are Judy’s cousin, you sure don’t look alike.”

Derek was athletically gifted, but not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Annalee turned her head in the vague direction of Judy. “Cuz, what’s he mean by that?”, She pondered.

Judy giggled. “I think he means because you are white, and I’m black.”

Annalee’s jaw dropped, and in a clearly shocked voice, she exclaimed. “Wait, ah’m white? Why didn’t anyone ever tell me?”

Derek put his hands behind his back and nervously apologized.

Judy and Annalee both snickered and started to laugh hysterically.

Annalee explained after the laughing fit finally ended. “Judy’s mah cousin by marriage. After mah Poppa died, Momma married Judy’s uncle Bryan.”

Never one to miss the opportunity to put a foot in his mouth, Jeff spoke up. “So, what’s with your eyes? You lose them in an accident, or were you born that way?”

Annalee turned her head vaguely in his direction. “When ah was a baby, mah parents thought that vaccines could make you sick, so ah never got any. Then ah got measles when I was three, and it took mah sight.”

Still not satisfied with his portion of foot in mouth, Jeff continued. “Well at least it’s not because you're a mutie, like that loser that Judy and Jenny used to hang out with.”

Annalee’s head tilted slightly, “Pardon?”

Jeff smirked. “There was this hot blonde chick that we used to hang with, a total babe.”

Russ nodded, then realized Annalee couldn’t see him. “Yeah, she was fine!”

Jeff continued, having totally forgotten the girls, and turning the conversation into locker room banter. “Yeah, she was wild in bed too. But then the bitch up and turns into some mutie freak. I heard she grew to like 7 foot tall and got that mutie disease where you go nuts, and she tried to kill a bunch of cops and she blew up her house and like died in the fire and stuff.”

Annalee frowned. “She sounds scary, Ah reckon. It’s good she died in that fire.” She got up, and pretending to feel her way with her cane, gave Jeff a solid, painful whack in the shin.

“Oh, ah’m sorry. Did ah hit someone?”, she innocently asked.

Judy made a pretense of looking at her watch. “Oh, look at the time. Annalee, it’s almost six. Mom will be expecting us home for dinner. Jenny, you left your sweater at my place the other day. I forgot to bring it. Come home with us, and I’ll grab it for you.”

After leaving the boys, the girls walked slowly back to Judy’s house. Jenny kept looking at Annalee questioningly. The shorter girl gave no indication of being aware of it. The girls reached the house and entered, and Annalee carefully maneuvered over to the couch.

Jenny still looked at the girl uncertainly. “You know, there is something about you that seems familiar, but I just can’t place it.”

Annalee turned her head toward Jenny and smiled. “Ah certainly hope so, ah mean ah’ve known you since we were both knee high to a grasshopper, ya know.”, The girl said with a mischievous grin, right before taking off her dark-tinted sunglasses and revealing those unmistakable black and red eyes.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Rose Bunny.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #42705 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 12

June 1st, 1994
The Carlson residence
Hastings, Minnesota

Judy Carlson lay in bed, her head on her lover’s stomach, as she idly stroked the soft downy feathers of her nether regions.
They were very discrete, LeAnna would start out in her own bed, but by morning, the two would always be spooned together.
She suspected her mother might know, but if she did, she never gave any indication. lifting her head and kissing her girlfriend on her smooth, flat chest, she smiled and got up. School was over, but now the fun would begin.

“C’mon, my love. Up and at ‘em”, she teased, pulling on her panties and looking around for a clean pair of shorts.

For her part, LeAnna grumbled and heaved a pillow vaguely in the direction of the morning person. “Get stuffed.”, the grumpy girl groused.

“If I wanted that, I’d be attracted to guys.”, her lover quipped back. Judy threw the pillow back at the protesting girl, who reluctantly got up and unwittingly did a very sexy stretch.

LeAnna sat in the chair in front of the mirror, having donned her panties and a pair of shorts. Judy came over to help with her transformation, applying the adhesive to the breast-forms, and helping to correctly situate them. LeAnna closed her eyes and arched her back, aiding Judy in applying the make-up that helped blend them with her skin-tone. After finishing, LeAnna put on her bikini top, and wig. She grabbed her cane and glasses and the girls headed down for breakfast.

Leslie Carlson looked over at the two girls. “Judy, just a reminder, your Dad will be home today. So don’t stay out too late. Oh, and both of you, you might want to not make the goo-goo eyes at each other around him, and I know you two are trying to be quiet… but maybe a little bit more quiet with the um… fun, while he’s here?” The girls both looked at each other, and then at Mrs. Carlson in horror as she smiled mischievously.

“Yes, I know.”, Stated Mrs. Carlson evenly, before looking at LeAnna. “And so does your father, LeAnna. We are both very happy for both of you.” With that bombshell out of the way, the girls hightailed it out of the house to meet up with Jenny.

—————

A short time later
Lake Isabelle
Hastings, Minnesota

Annalee sat under a shaded beach umbrella, Although she could see Jenny and Judy splashing around in the water, she had to keep up the illusion. She closed her eyes and adjusted her sunglasses. Russ and Derek were playing catch a little ways away, and Jeff was there, still oblivious to the fact that he was girl repellant, and that even the guys didn’t like him much. Every now and then Jeff whined for the frisbee, and about how there were no babes around to flirt with.

Jenny looked over from the water at the boy, “It’s not our fault you have the personality of algae.”

Jeff looked at the girl. She was hot, no doubt. Almost as hot as that freak girl had been. But the kick between the legs when he had badmouthed the mutie had kind of soured him on her. The dyke was a lost cause. That left the blind chick.

Jeff slipped under the umbrella next to Annalee. “Yo babe, you are kinda cute. Wanna go see a movie sometime?”, he asked.

The others looked in stunned silence at him, not believing he had actually said that.

Annalee shrugged it off. “Ah would love to see a movie, that would mean ah wasn’t blind anymore!”, she sarcastically responded. “However, if you were asking me out, then in that case, Ah’d have to say no.” She mused to herself about how she couldn’t believe she had been attracted to this bone-head before, hell she had planned on going all the way with him on their date.

Jeff slunk off, dejected. There had to be a girl around here somewhere that wasn’t a cripple, a bitch, or a lezzie.

He looked over towards the playground area, there was some sort of gathering going on. a large group of protestors had gathered and a woman with a bullhorn was saying something. As Jeff got closer, he could hear her. The woman was chanting anti-mutie slogans and making a speech. Anywhere people were gathering, there had to be chicks, he figured as he walked over.

Jenny noticed Jeff slinking off. She smiled as she looked in the direction the dickweed was headed. Then she frowned. There were people gathering with protest signs and a general mob was forming. Cautiously, she walked over to where the diminutive ‘blind’ girl was sitting.

Jenny nudged Annalee, getting her to take off her headphones. Leaning over, she whispered to the girl. “It looks like there’s a group of mutant-haters gathering over by the play area. Maybe we should get out of here.”

Annalee gave a glance over toward the activity going on a few hundred yards away. This was bad. If she got caught here, there would be trouble, just like at the house.

“Judy, Ah think we should go, remember your Daddy should be home this afternoon, and Ah don’t think your Momma would be pleased if we were late.” Having said that, she gave a very subtle head tilt, indicating the activities going on behind her.

The girls gathered their towels and bags and said goodbye to the boys. As they walked past the protestors, Annalee glanced over surreptitiously, what she saw nearly gave her away, but she managed to cover. a woman stood giving a hate-filled speech. She was medium height, with blonde hair. She had on a Humanity First t-shirt, which covered her pregnant belly. LeAnna was looking at her own mother.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, Anne

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #43071 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 13

June 2nd, 1994
The Apartment of Paul Baker
Hastings, Minnesota

Jim Owens sat on the couch, fiddling nervously with his keys. It was difficult being there, looking at the man whose wife he stole.

“Paul, I know you have no reason to trust me, and if you kick me out, I would understand. But I need help. I did as you asked, I took Emily to get screened and she has the gene. I’m scared of what Beth will do. Ever since LeAnna manifested, she’s been irrational, she refuses to acknowledge that she’s her daughter. She’s joined Humanity First, and is speaking out against mutants. I’m afraid of what she’ll do to Emily or the baby.”

Paul looked at his former friend, he couldn’t entirely forgive him, but he did slightly. Additionally, if Beth had gone this crazy, at least he wasn’t still with her to take the brunt of it.

“Jim, all I can say is that once the baby is born… get out. take them both, file for divorce, get them to safety, and don’t look back.”

Paul looked at his former friend and frowned.

—————

At that same moment
The Carlson residence
Hastings, Minnesota

LeAnna lounged on the bed, trying to look at brochures, a task not made easy by the fact that Judy was currently kissing that spot on the back of her knee that drove her wild.

“Stooop it.”, She halfheartedly complained. “I need to look these over and make a choice, since I can’t go back to school here.”

Judy picked up the brochure LeAnna was looking at. “Whateley Academy?”, she asked. “I’ve never heard of it.”

LeAnna looked over at her lover and smiled. “Apparently it’s a top-secret school for mutants. They teach regular classes, but also have an entire curriculum for learning to use your powers.”

Judy scoffed. “Riiiiight. If you come back a redhead with the power to manifest a giant firebird aura, I don’t know you.”

LeAnna sighed and got up. “I swear, how did you get into Stanford again?” She turned around and blew her love a raspberry, which ended up in the much taller Judy walking over and picking her up and carrying her back to the bed. A little while later, both girls were laying cuddled in the afterglow of their morning romp.

—————

Meanwhile
The Owens residence
Hastings, Minnesota

Beth Owens-Smith watched Emily waddling around, examining her surroundings. She shed a single tear.

“It’s a shame your sister is dead to you. She went and had to spite me by becoming that thing.”, She ruefully snarled. “ I’ll make sure you and your little sister aren’t contaminated by that filth. It’s all Paul’s fault, I know it is…. I… I know it.” Angrily, she scooped up Emily and dropped her unceremoniously into the playpen and started to make phone calls.

There was work to be done. She didn’t believe the rumor that LeAnna had been in the fire, or that she was in some secure room at the Mayo Clinic. She had to be somewhere. Beth had watched Paul’s new apartment. There had been no indication of the freak anywhere. She would be patient, her daughter… no, that’s not right… the thing that had taken her daughter from her… was out there somewhere. She would find it and it would pay for embarrassing her.

—————

Later that day
Target department store
Hastings, Minnesota

Annalee walked down the aisle, her cane feeling around in front of her, she craned her head around randomly. Judy was off in the music department, looking for the latest Mariah Carey CD, and Jenny was probably looking for the closest thing that Target had to ’slutty’. Momentarily distracted, Annalee backed up and accidentally bumped into someone.

“Watch it, what are you blind?”, The angry voice said.

“Actually, Ma’am Ah am. Ah’m terribly sorry.” Annalee said, while turning around. She looked at the woman she had bumped into and panicked. It was her. She was here. She was talking to her. Swallowing, Annalee repeated her apologies, and turned and walked off, trying to look nonchalant.

Meeting up with Judy, she swallowed hard and still fighting off a panic attack, begged her girlfriend to go. She didn’t want to run into her mother again.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #43748 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 14

June 2nd, 1994
Hastings, Minnesota

LeAnna sat on the couch, fussing with the wig that sat beside her. “Daddy, I just don’t understand. I ran into her. She didn’t recognize me. I know the disguise is pretty convincing, but I thought she would recognize me. She didn’t. I’m so confused. Why has she gotten so hateful?”

Paul hugged his little girl. “Dear, it’s time I tell you a secret, it involves your mother. And I honestly don’t think she remembers it.”

—————

Many years prior
The Smith household
Davenport, Iowa

Beth sat in the kitchen, frowning. The toaster was broken again. Dad was too cheap to buy a new one. He had always been handy with tools, and some of that rubbed off on Beth. Not deciding to wait, she sighed and grabbed the toaster and went over to the kitchen table. She quickly dug into the junk drawer and pulled out various tools. A Few minutes later, she was finishing putting the last screw back in.

Carrie walked in as her big sister was putting the toaster back on the counter and plugging it back in. She looked over at Beth, and stuck out her tongue, as little sisters do.

“I wanna waffle, is the toaster working?”, she asked those big puppy dog eyes pointed squarely at her big sister. Carrie was 8, and could get away with the cute brat routine. Beth smiled and came over, tussling her hair and getting out the frozen waffles. She pushed the lever for the toaster to start, and it began to spark. It flew across the room and blew up. Fire quickly engulfed the kitchen.

—————

Beth woke up in a strange bed. She tried to get up, but something across her chest wasn’t allowing it. She heard a beeping and looked over at the monitors that she was hooked up to. A nurse came in the room and looked at her, before quickly rushing back out the door. A Few minutes later, her mother entered the room with a doctor.

“M… mom, what happened? I don’t feel too good. Why am I strapped down?” There was fear in her voice. Beth’s mother looked from her to her doctor. The doctor nodded grimly.

“Honey, there was an accident. That defective toaster started a fire. You and your sister were caught in the middle of it. If your Father hadn’t been running late to work, we would have lost you both.”

Beth looked at her mother. “Carrie?”, she said in a questioning voice.

Mrs. Smith looked away and her head dropped, her shoulders sagged. She couldn’t look at Beth.

“I.. I see.”, Beth said without any hint of emotion. Deep inside though, a rage was building. A rage that she could barely contain.

“Dear, there’s more… Do… do you remember the last month? “

“Yeah, we went out to Uncle Pete’s farm, and stayed for a week, then we came home and got ready for school.”, Beth said uncertainly.

“No dear, that was August. It’s almost October. After the… incident, the doctors ran tests on you. You are what’s known as a Devisor. A person that can build things, things that don’t make sense to the laws of physics. During one of their tests, you had an… incident. You started screaming and getting angry, you were uncontrollable. They tried to sedate you, but you did something. Something bad.” Beth’s mom stopped speaking and she cast her gaze downward.

So, it was her fault that Carrie was dead. A mutant killed her. Sweet, innocent Carrie. Beth would find the mutant and stop her, unlike last time. This time the mutant would pay. Beth began to laugh, at first softly to herself, then it turned into the raving hysterics of someone out of her mind. She laughed so hard that she wore herself out. Soon she was sleeping.

Grace Smith looked at her sleeping daughter, it never got easier. Next time she woke, she would have to tell Beth all over again. This was the ninth time Beth had been told of the fire, and of Carrie’s death.

—————

June 2nd, 1994
Hastings, Minnesota

Paul looked at LeAnna, her eyes were wide.

“Mom is a mutant?”, she said, dumbfounded.

“Yes. Eventually your Grandmother stopped telling Beth about her sister, and soon your mother forgot all about her having had a sister. She forgot her powers existed. Do you remember when we were together, and your mother would have manic bouts of hyperactivity? Like the time she took up quilting?”

LeAnna nodded. Yeah?”

“The doctors think that was your mother’s subconscious trying to use her powers, and reconcile them with her everyday life. The problem was that your Mother had another issue. One that was brought on by her powers. Back when she first manifested, they didn’t know as much about mutation as they do now.“

LeAnna nodded, She had been doing reading about mutants, in response to everything that was going on in her life lately.

She hung her head and said one word. “Deidrick’s.”

Paul hugged his little girl and nodded solemnly.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #44245 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 15

June 9th, 1994
Regina Hospital
Hastings, Minnesota

The pain was intense, but she refused the epidural, she refused any and all medications. That’s how they stole LeAnna, and substituted that monster. She would bare this pain, bare it and her new child would be perfect. She suspected they had taken Emily too, but she couldn’t prove it. The pain came in thunderous waves, and she pushed, willing herself through it.
It had been 19 hours so far, and there was no end in sight. She willed herself to be strong. Beth squeezed her husband’s hand. She was almost convinced he wasn’t part of the plot. had he experimented on her? Had he been plotting with that traitorous ex of hers? She didn’t know. She would take the new child and leave as soon as she could, that was her plan.

Jim Owens felt his wife squeeze his hand as the next contraction hit. He was worried, she had refused medication, the epidural, and any pain relievers. Her face was contorted in pain and she was as red as a radish. Sweat was dripping through her hair, running down her face. She screamed and swore and threatened as she pushed. It was clear that she was dricking out, He had to get the children away from her as soon as the baby would be ready to leave the hospital. His aunt had offered him and the children a place on her farm in Montana, and he was going to take her up on it.

————
Same day
Lions Park
Hastings, Minnesota

Tossing her short, black hair casually, Annalee tapped her cane in front of her, walking along the paved path. She Looked up and saw the flying disc coming straight at her, but maintaining her cover, she let it hit her in the face. Closing her eyes, she fumbled around, feeling on the ground for her fallen glasses. That’s when Jeff ran up.

“Sorry, it kind of got away from me, you know?”, he sheepishly said.

“It’’s okay, no harm done. Ah should have been watching where ah was goin’.”, she said in a playful voice, as she picked up her shades.

Jeff looked at her confused. “ I don’t understand. I thought you couldn’t see?”

“Ah can’t, that’s why it’s a joke.” Annalee said, in a pleasant voice that hid her thoughts of him being an absolute idiot.

“Oh, oh, I get it!” Jeff said, he really didn’t. “Would… would you like to go out?”

“Sorry, Ah really don’t date. Last guy I considered dating turned out to be kind of … a bigot.”

Annalee rolled her eyes behind the thick, dark glasses. the fact that the guy she was talking about WAS Jeff, only emphasized the sad nature of things. Having recovered the glasses, she turned to leave, when she felt his hand on her arm.

“That hurts, let go!”, she demanded.

When he didn’t let go, she turned and threw a punch, breaking his nose and laying him on the ground.

Damn that cripple bitch, his nose was pouring blood. He held it and walked back to where Russ Olsen had been waiting to receive the frisbee.

“Smooth moves, Sherlock.”

Jeff was incensed. “Dumb little gimp bitch, She’ll get what’s coming to her. Just like that mutie whore did.”

Russ shook his head. Jeff was dumb, but lately he had been angry. Russ made a mental note to call Judy Carlson and warn her that Jeff was gunning for her cousin.

—————

Later that night
the Carlson residence
Hastings, Minnesota

Judy picked up the phone. It was Mr. Baker on the other end. She quickly took the information down and hung up. LeAnna was in the shower, and as much as Judy wished she could join her lover, Her mother was home. After about 15 minutes, LeAnna came out of the bathroom. She walked into the room they shared, and did a sexy little reveal, slowly stripping out of the robe and towels that she wore.

Judy bit her lip. “Mmm… as sexy as that little dance was, I have some news for you. Your dad called. Mr. Owens called him a short time ago. You have another little sister! Her name is Jordan Amelia, and she is 7 pounds, 8 ounces! Congrats, big sis!”

LeAnna sat on the bed and hugged her girlfriend. “It’s not like I’ll ever get to meet her, not now.” She looked down and began to cry, her larger girlfriend holding her tight to her chest. The diminutive girl was wracked by sobs.

Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Rose Bunny.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #44903 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 16

June 15th, 1994
The Carlson household
Hastings, Minnesota

LeAnna sat on the edge of the bed, crying. Things were going downhill, and fast. Jim Owens had gotten a court document committing her mother to the mental hospital. Things had gone badly after the delivery. Beth had tried to abduct Jordan from the neo-natal ICU. She had to be restrained by 5 security guards, and had stolen one’s taser.

When Judy walked in, she saw her love slumped over. Putting her arm around her girlfriend, Judy rubbed her back gently. LeAnna slumped over and rested her head against her lover’s chest and the tears kept flowing.

—————

That same day
Regina Hospital
Hastings, Minnesota

Beth did not belong there, that was clear. It was clearly a plot by her husband and that traitorous ex of hers. They were stealing her children. They had started by taking LeAnna, replacing her with that monster that killed her. It was too late to save Emily, she had probably already been replaced. Jordan was in danger, They may have injected her with monster DNA, and created the abomination, but she could find a cure. Clutching the fork she had stolen off her tray at lunch, Beth carefully stood up on her cot and examined the grille over the light fixture. Smiling, she carefully worked out the screws, leaving them loose, but not quite ready to come out. Reaching in, she found the wires and started to pull them loose. the shocks were painful, but she didn’t care. she would soon be free.

—————

That same day
U.S. Interstate 94
Outside Fergus Falls, Minnesota

Jim Owens pulled over to examine the engine. Smoke was pouring from the front of the car. He popped the hood, and took a look. It looked like a fan belt had slipped and blown out. Walking back to the car, he looked in the open window.

“Paul, looks like a belt broke loose. I’ll call Triple A, but late as it is, we might have to get a room somewhere and stay.”, he said to his traveling companion.

Paul Baker had agreed to help him get the girls to safety They still had issues, but he knew LeAnna would want him to help make sure her little sisters were safe. Holding the not-quite one week old, he checked on Emily, as she sat in the carseat.

“Nothing we can do then, we passed a motel back about a half-mile back. Once the car is fixed, let’s head back there. There was a restaurant too, from what I recall.”

Thirty minutes later, a tow truck pulled up, the mechanic replaced the belt and followed them back to the motel, to make sure they arrived safely. Paul watched the girls, while Jim went over to the truck stop. He returned with some take-out burgers and fries, and a couple Dr. Peppers. Paul changed Emily while Jim gave Jordan her bottle.

Jim looked over at Paul. “Thank you for your help. I know I don’t deserve it. I did the worst thing possible to you, and yet you are here helping me.”

Paul looked over at his former friend. “I know how Beth can be. She won’t stop until she gets what she wants. It’s part of her illness. her mother told me about how things went when she manifested, and how her illness came on. She became a whole ‘nother person.”

“Manifested?”, Jim asked, confused.

“You don’t know?”, Paul asked, shocked. “Beth is a mutant. A Devisor. She has Deidrick’s syndrome.”

“Beth’s mother never talks to me. I think she hated me for taking her from you and LeAnna.”, Jim stated in a sad voice.

“I see, then you don’t know the whole story. When Beth was young, and her powers had manifested, she would try to fix things. One day she attempted to fix a broken appliance, and it exploded. Her sister died in the fire. After that, Beth’s illness got progressively worse. Eventually, she buried all memories of her sister, and of her powers. The doctors say that subconsciously that turned into a pathological hatred for mutants.” Paul sighed and walked over and put his hand on Jim’s shoulder.

The rest of the night passed in relative silence between them.

—————

June 16th
Lions Park
Hastings, Minnesota

Jeff Pierson was hanging out, scoping for babes. He hadn’t gotten a date in weeks, He was sure that blind bitch had sabotaged his rep with all the local chicks. He looked around, and none of the girls showed any interest, not even when he took off his shirt and pretended to stretch. In fact, they all seemed to be walking away. He glanced over and saw the reason. That gimp bitch was there, playing with a dog. He felt his hate building as the hot girls ignored him to go talk to that cripple.
He made up his mind then and there that she had to pay for breaking his nose and humiliating him.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oz1eye, Malady

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #45429 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 17

June 15th, 1994
Regina Hospital
Hastings, Minnesota

Beth wandered the halls of the psyche ward, the taser she had stolen in hand. Sure she had upped the voltage to fatal levels, but in her eyes the people here were mutant sympathizers. They deserved it for kidnapping her and locking her in here. It had been a simple task to short out the door lock with the fork and the wires from the light fixture. In the chaos she would escape, in the chaos she would be free to find the traitors that had put her in here.

The guard’s uniform didn’t fit her exactly, but it was close enough. She passed the desk, and made for the stairwell. With the power out, the magnetic locks were down as well. Making her way out into the parking lot, she looked around, finding a car parked off to the side of the building, where it would be easy to break in undetected.

It was not difficult for Beth to hot-wire the old station wagon and get it running. She had always seemed to have a knack for machines. Whatever the reason, it certainly came in handy. She drove back to the house, intent on confronting that traitor Jim.

Beth skillfully picked the lock and went inside. She flipped the switch, but the light didn’t turn on. Feeling her way over to the picture window, she pulled back the curtains for some light. What she saw startled her. Everything was gone. The furniture was missing, even the pictures had been taken. Nothing remained of her life here. She walked around the house, finding more of the same. Jim had packed up everything and left. She dropped to her knees and let out a cry of grief and sorrow and hate. If Jim had left, He couldn’t have done it alone. He had to have had help. And there was only one person she could think of that it could have been. She would go and make Paul tell her where her children were.

—————

At that same moment
The apartment of Paul Baker
Hastings, Minnesota

LeAnna took off her wig and glasses and looked through the fridge. With her mother locked up, the surveillance of her dad’s place had stopped. She could come and go again freely, but she still missed her old house and her old room. Very little had survived the fire. She was saddened by this, all the family photos were gone, The pictures from the family vacation to Uncle Ralph’s place in Nevada, the time she dressed up as Cinderella for Halloween when she was six, the pictures of her mom teaching her to ride her bike. All of it was gone.

LeAnna sat down on the couch with her ham sandwich and flipped on the TV. The news was talking about a power outage at the hospital where her mother was being held. She hoped her mother was okay, it was difficult to think of her being in a secured room in the dark. She must be scared and confused.

LeAnna heard a pounding at the door. She turned her head and looked over. Quickly, she grabbed her wig and glasses and put them on. She got up to go to the door, when suddenly it exploded off its hinges. Standing there over the door she had just kicked in was her mother!

“Who’s there?”, LeAnna said, deciding it best to go with her cover of being blind.

Beth looked at the stranger. “YOU! You were at the store that day! Who are you, and what is your connection to Paul?”

LeAnna was grateful that her mother had not seen through the disguise. “Ma’am, Ah’m just here to house-sit while Mr. Baker is out of town for a teacher’s convention. If you leave now, I won’t call the police. Ah mean it.”

Beth looked at the short girl. Something wasn’t right. It was too coincidental that she would run into this girl at the store, and then again here. Deciding to test her theory, Beth charged at the girl, and tackled her.

LeAnna struggled with her mother, she was strong, but her mother was no slouch in that department either. Had she been an exemplar all this time? Her dad hadn’t mentioned it, but it seemed possible. She was having a hard time fending off her mother’s punches,

Beth struggled with the girl, she was strong. Perhaps too strong. She reached for the girl’s hair, intending to grab it and slam her head into the floor. Surprisingly, it came off in her hands. She tossed aside the wig and looked at the girl’s real hair, a peculiar mixture of black and white mottled pattern.

“MUTIE!”, screamed Beth, punching at the stranger. “You are the one that killed my LeAnna! YOU will die for that!”

Beth landed a fist solidly to the girl’s chin, twisting her head back, and knocking off her glasses.

The girl was crying. “Mom! It’s me! I AM LeAnna! Please, stop… please?” LeAnna implored her mother to listen, but it was no use.

Beth’s hand went to her waistband, reaching for the amped up taser. She leveled it at the monster before her. LeAnna saw the weapon and grabbed her mother’s wrist. The two of them struggled, falling to the ground. Beth tried to aim, but the girl was strong. They struggled on the floor, each wrestling for control. That’s when the loud bang echoed through the apartment, followed by silence.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #46260 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 18

June 19th, 1994
The grounds of St. Boniface
Hastings, Minnesota

LeAnna sat down and looked ahead of her at where her mother was. “Mom, you know I love you. Nothing could ever change the fact that I love you. I know you did some bad things, but that’s over now. You can rest. Don’t worry about all the bad things, that is in the past. You and I had good times. You helped me so much when I was little and I will remember that always. Whether it was learning to ride my bike, of taking me to my first day of school, or all the little things. I’ll never forget them. Why did you have to get sick?”

She wanted answers, but none were forthcoming, the stone in front of her could only tell her what was written on it.

Beth Owens-Smith
1962-1994.
Beloved daughter and mother.
May you at long last rest in peace.

—————

June 15th. 1994
The apartment of Paul Baker
Hastings, Minnesota

There was a loud bang, as the taser fired. The electrodes hit Beth square in the chest. There was a bright spark, and both women fell to the floor. LeAnna crawled over, dazed from the contact shock she received. Beth was breathing hard, her clothes burned and charred. She looked up at LeAnna, the fog cleared from her mind. She saw not an imposter, not a freak, she saw her daughter, beautiful in her new appearance. A tear trickled down her cheek.

There was a raspy moan, and Beth spoke. “ L…LeAnna… What have I done? I.. I remember, Why? Why did I…? I’m so sorry, my precious girl, I’m so sorry. F..f…find your ..s..sisters, keep them s…safe. Carrie? Carrie.. I’m coming… wait for me, okay?”

Those were the last words Beth ever spoke. She closed her eyes, and her head rolled lifelessly to the side. LeAnna begged and pleaded with her to stay, when the police arrived, they found the frantic girl still attempting CPR.

—————

June 20th, 1994
The Carlson residence
Hastings, Minnesota

LeAnna lay on her bed. Her father hadn’t been able to make it back in time for the funeral. She, of course was not allowed to attend. There had been fears that Humanity First members might be there, and that it would not be safe. In the end though, none of them had attended. Somehow, information had gotten out to the local chapter that their most vocal supporter had been a mentally ill mutant that had hidden among them. In the end, Beth was silently buried in a funeral ceremony that nobody attended.

Turning from her thoughts, LeAnna heard the hesitant knock on the door, she turned and invited the person in. Her father walked in and hugged his little girl. They both sat there overwhelmed with grief, silently reassuring each other.

“LeAnna, I have more bad news. I spoke to the police, someone sent a letter to the newspaper, they made death threats against you. Whoever it was, they know you are alive, but they don’t seem to know you are AnnaLee. You can’t come home, at least not yet. You need to stay here for your own safety”.

She looked at her dad, and nodded solemnly. She wanted this whole nightmare to go away. Once she was at her new school she would have a chance to start over. That was still a couple months away yet. For now, she resolved to keep her head down and not cause a scene. After a while, her father left. LeAnna sat in the dark, hugging her pillow. When Judy came home that afternoon, she found LeAnna curled up in a ball, asleep.

—————
The same day
The Pierson residence

Jeff sat on the couch, watching TV. It wasn’t fair. He was a cool guy, why couldn’t all the chicks see it? Word had gotten around that he had tried to rough up that blind skank, that had to be it. Worse, she made a fool out of him, his nose was swollen and the doctors had to re-set it, which fucking hurt. That Carlson dyke and her whore cousin would have to pay some how. Jeff sat and thought about it. An idea began to form in his mind, one that would restore his reputation, and maybe get him some into that chick’s pants. He smiled a wicked smile, and got up to work on it.

Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, mhalpern

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #47067 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 19

July 1st
The Pierson residence
Hastings, Minnesota

Jeff Pierson woke up groggy. He had been feeling sick the week before, a slight case of summer flu, but it hadn’t seemed to have gone away until now. He dragged himself to the bathroom, darting in front of his little sister. Andy was 6, and in the ‘brat’ phase. As Jeff went about his business, she pounded on the door, shouting about how she had to go. At one point she threw herself against the door with a thud that startled Jeff, and made him cut himself as he shaved. Angrily, Jeff opened the door and looked at Andrea. She tried to slip past him, but he wasn’t having it.

“Go fuck yourself!”, he shouted at the girl, who looked blankly at him. Slowly, she got up and walked off toward her bedroom. After a shower, Jeff walked to his room, passing Andrea’s room. He heard muffled squeals and whimpers coming from the room. His curiosity piqued, Jeff looked in. There he saw his sister frantically touching herself, with much frustration. He was shocked and ordered her to stop, which she immediately did. Closing the door, he walked back to his room.

—————

Later that day
Target department store
Hastings, Minnesota

Jeff wandered about aimlessly, He grabbed a bottle of Sprite and walked towards the electronics department. As he did so, He happened to notice Lisa Cooper in the women’s department, looking at bras. Lisa was a stone-cold fox, in Jeff’s opinion. She was Tall, at nearly 5’9”, had ample breasts, and long brown hair. Her eyes were a deep blue, and she had a small beauty mark in her right cheek, just below her eye.

Jeff called out to Lisa, as she was standing there holding a lacy black bra. “Ooh Babe, I’d love to see you in that”, he said in a lecherous tone. Lisa turned her head to yell at him, but when she did, she caught a look into his eyes and was lost in them. Without knowing what she was doing, Lisa began to absent-mindedly remove her shirt and her own bra. Taking the black one, she adjusted it and put it on, giving Jeff quite a show.

Jeff stared, not believing what had happened. He thought about it, and remembered the incident with his sister, she she had looked him in the face earlier. Something was going on, girls were listening to him. Better yet, they were obeying him. He would have to test this out. An Idea hit him. He picked up a second Sprite and walked over to the registers. There was a short line at the express lane, but for this test, he opted to go to a different lane, one with a male cashier.

As the cashier rang up his purchase, Jeff tested his power, trying to convince the cashier that the bottles of pop were in fact, buy one get one free. It didn’t work. Walking out with his drinks, Jeff waited around. Lisa was walking out of the store, she seemed slightly confused.

“Lisa, hi!” Jeff said in a smooth manner. “Are you okay? I was kind of startled you suddenly took your top off and tried that bra on in the middle of the store! I couldn’t believe it!”

Lisa looked at him uncertainly. “I… I don’t know what happened, I heard you, then when I saw you there, I just felt like I had to show you how it looked. I don’t know what came over me”. Lisa began to sniffle.

“Lisa, babe, Don’t worry about it. We all get crazy thoughts and ideas sometimes. Say, do you want to come over to my place? My mom and sister are home, but I think I can convince them to go see a movie or something.” Jeff said with a grin.

Lisa looked at him, she felt doubts, but when she looked him in the eye, her resolve seemed to melt away. “I…I’d like that.”

—————

Earlier
Target department store
Hastings, Minnesota

Judy Carlson was looking through a rack of tank tops, when she saw Lisa Cooper browsing through the racks of undergarments. Judy knew Lisa casually from school, they hadn’t been close friends or anything. Judy turned and was about to greet her, when she saw Jeff Pierson slinking past. He didn’t seem to notice her, rather he had his eye on Lisa. She heard Jeff call out to the girl, and then Judy stood in wonder as the girl stripped her top off and revealed her breasts to the pervert. After a few seconds of ogling, he turned and walked off.
Lisa sat there with a confused look on her face. Judy went to approach her, but the girl seemed to snap out of it and come to her senses. She retreated to the dressing room. A few moments later, Lisa came out, back in her original clothing. She took the bra and put it back on the rack, and high-tailed it out of the store.

At this point Judy was very curious, and she followed Lisa at a distance. Outside, she saw Jeff waiting. He walked up to Lisa and casually began to talk to her. Judy could see the uncertainty on her face replaced by a blank look. The blank look quickly faded, replaced by an eager one. Judy didn’t know what the fuck was going on, but she would find out.

Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Rose Bunny.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #47595 by Rose Bunny
The Call of the Waters
Part 20

July 4th
Lions Park
Hastings, Minnesota

Judy Carlson sat at the picnic table, looking over Annalee’s shoulder at the scene playing out behind her. Jeff Pierson was talking to a woman, perhaps 24-25 years old, she was laughing and had her hand on his arm. The woman was gorgeous, tall, and blonde, with a healthy runner’s physique. Slim and slender and lithe, this woman was amazing, Judy knew the type from her track days at the school. this was the epitome of what she could become if she kept up her training.
To see her get up with Jeff and walk off was surprising… and suspicious.

Judy turned to her disguised sweetie. “Something strange is going on with Jeff… The other day she talked Lisa Cooper into a weird striptease at Target, then walked off with her after. Now he’s picking up adult women in the park… I’m wondering if he’s a mutant.”

Annalee cocked her head to the side and frowned. “Ah’m sure that’s not the case. With all the hate he has for me, he would have tried something.”

Judy shook her off. “You might be right, but he hates both of your identities, so I’m sure he’ll come after you eventually.”

Annalee nodded and thought about it. “Unless… there is a reason he thinks he can’t come after me directly. You said before that Lisa looked at him and it was like she blanked for a second. What if he needs to make eye contact? Since he thinks I’m blind, he might be holding back because of that. I mean if he has this power to seduce women, and it needs eye contact… then a blind girl would be immune.”

Having finished their food, the two cleaned up the trash, and threw it away in a nearby can. Taking a folded up blanket, Judy led them to a nice, shady spot where the two spread their blanket and relaxed.

—————

Jeff had met the woman at the park, she fell under his charms, like he knew she would. It took no effort to get her to take him to her place, where they had sex all afternoon. Feeling tired of her, he told her to “forget about him, and go get lost”. He helped himself to her money, and some small valuables. It was almost too easy. He hadn’t bothered to ask her name, but she had given it. It was ‘L” something.. Liz? Lacy? Lana? He didn’t care. He had her bank card and her PIN number, it was time to go have fun.

Walking back to the mall, Jeff stopped at Target, where he scored a free Dr. Pepper. He remembered to not try his trick with anything too big, that would attract attention. A pop here and there, nobody would be the wiser. After hitting the ATM, he took out a couple hundred. Enough for a little fun this evening. The park was a good place to pick up chicks, so why not go back?

It took a few minutes to get back to the park, but he saw something he didn’t want to see. The Bitch and her cousin were there. Actually, that might work out for him… If they had a big blow-up in the park, he could get her cousin to beat the snot out of her.

Jeff walked over and looked at the two. The Bitch had on her normal dark glasses, and a v-neck tank top that showed off her ample cleavage, her sexy legs were shown off due to the short denim cut-offs she had on. The other had on sunglasses, a long sleeve tee, and capris that hid her legs. That didn’t really matter to him, he didn’t want the colored girl anyhow.

“Ladies, I see you are alone. May I join you?”, he said, looking Judy square in the eyes.

She shook her head and replied. “We wouldn’t sit with you if the rest of the park were lava, and you were on the only safe spot”

Jeff mused. Damn, it didn’t work. But why? he looked at her. Of course! The sunglasses. Something about them blocked his power somehow. He spun around, and slapped the shades off Judy’s face, and grabbed them. Looking her in the eyes, he laughed.

“Guess what bitch? you are going to love me.. you will listen to me. you can’t help but look me in the eyes when I tell you. you will do what I want! And what I want is for you to beat the shit out of your gimp cousin!”

Judy turned and looked at Annalee, and she couldn’t help it. rage was building in her. Slights based on LeAnna’s cover popped into her brain, unbidden. They were fabrications, she knew that. But she was bound to them, fictional memories bubbled up of all sorts of unintended hurt. Lashing out at the girl beside, her, she knocked off the dark glasses.

Jeff cursed as he saw her eyes, those same evil black eyes with the blood-red Irises. “You! You monster!”, he cried.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds