× Posting rules: Only the AUTHOR of a given story project is permitted to post here.

Please use 1 and only 1 thread for a given story/project. Make revisions to existing posts instead of duplicating sections of your story. Do not post replies in other authors' threads.

Note that using the forums for stories is now considered for experimental projects or for new authors who want some feedback from other authors before exposing their work to the reading community. Of course, anyone is welcome to continue to post their material here... but we hope authors will take advantage of the site features for displaying their stories to more than just the forums community.

The Misfits.

• Rose Bunny
  • Rose Bunny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Author
  • Author
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #53076 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: The Misfits.
Misfits
Chapter 20
—————
Crystal Hall
Whateley Academy
January 29th, 2008

Trish sat and made cooing noises at the baby in her arms. She looked around the table, as everyone else sat thinking. Jordan was in Doyle, under sedation. She had had a major ‘drick-out, and was under a suicide watch. Dr.Tenent was watching her rather closely, with assistance from Fubar and Dr. Bellows. She sighed and handed over Siobhan to Aggie. She had to admit, babies were powerful therapeutic tools. She felt slightly better after holding the baby. After Siobhan had made the rounds and ended up back with Essy, they got down to talking about what had happened.

Essylt cradled Siobhan, who let out a contented burp and made a face. “I called mom last night. She was shocked that Jordan was here, and that she hadn’t been told any of the information in the report. After her father took Jordan and her sister away, Mom never thought she would see them again. Jordan had just been born shortly before her mother was committed. Her older sister, Emily, apparently never knew the true details either. Mom wanted to fly out, but I convinced her that it might be too soon.”

Trish nodded. They would be there for her, when she woke up, and it would be hard, but they all would be there. In the mean time, there was another group member that needed help, and she would get it. With that unspoken resolve, they got up as one unit, and left. From the middle floor, a figure silently watched them as they left. A fist clenched tightly.

—————
The Quad
Whateley Academy
A short time later

Lucy slunk around the Quad, her tail curled around her waist. The large hoodie hid her grotesque features, to a small degree. She hissed, the badge around her arm bothered her. She was dangerous now, a rager. But yet, she struggled in her head with alien thoughts and notions. An instinct had been born inside her, irrational, cold. Cruel. She hated mutants, but she was a mutant. She hated herself, but she didn’t want to hate. She edged over to a bench and sat down, crying.

She could hear the others approaching, with her now heightened hearing, she smelled the anti-sceptic smell that Angie’s rebreather gave off. The somewhat musty smell of Aggie’s scent. She could tell one of them was on their period, and that they had a baby with that needed changing. UGH… stupid senses.

Essylt sad down next to her, ignoring the potential danger. “Hello, we haven’t really met. I was sorta adopted by your friends while you were… away. My name is Essylt. I hear you are from Minnesota, too. I’m from St. Paul, I think. But my adopted mom lives in Golden Valley now. Where are you from?”

Lucy mumbled some.. “Nisswa. I’m sorry. I want to be alone. Please let me be, I don’t want company. I want to be ALONE! Afterall, I’m a freak and I’m dangerous. I could kill you, and your baby, and something inside would revel in it. Now please, leave me be!”

Essylt looked at the others, they were behind her, providing support, but keeping a respectful distance. It had been decided that Essylt would try to reach her first, since she had no pre-conceptions about the ‘old’ Lucy. She bit her lip and handed Siobhan off to Angie. “Could you do me a favor? She needs changing.”

Angie took the baby, and the offered diaper bag and headed off to find a bathroom. Once she was gone, Essylt leaned in, closer to the moping girl. She observed her attempts to hide. “I know you are confused.”, Essylt said calmly.

When Lucy looked at her, she continued. “I’m a touch telepath, but sometimes around really strong emotions, I can feel a little bit of seepage when I’m really close.”

Lucy drew back and began to cry. Essylt came closer, and hugged her. “ I know you are scared of the changes, I can feel it. but if you are willing, I want to try something. Close your eyes. I’m going to take your hand. Don’t be afraid.”

Behind them, Trish tensed, at the ready to push back Lucy. Aggie reached into her fanny pack, pulling a couple of explosive spells out, just in case. Essylt looked over and shook her head, and they eased up a little.

—————
Lucy Jensen’s Dreamspace
Elsewhere
Then

Lucy looked around, in wonder. the elf girl had brought them to a quiet place, it was a small floating rock, situated in the middle of nothing. all about them, the stars shone, and shooting stars flew past. The elf was sitting in the middle of the flat, floating stone. “A little bare”, she said.

To Lucy it seemed like hours passed. The strange girl walked her around the inside of her mind.

“I built myself up from fragments of other people’s psyches. From essentially a blank slate, into a whole person. So when I say I know a little bit about the workings of the mind, I’m not just talking. I don’t have any sort of degree, or medical training, but I know I can help you.”

A fire appeared before them. Lucy hesitantly sat down in front of the campfire. Essylt took her hand, she felt calmness and serenity.

“This is your dream space. My mother taught me about them. If you ask Pejuta, I’m sure she could tell you even more about dream spaces than I could. But this is your refuge. Those thoughts aren’t you. I know you through the others' thoughts and stories. What is being forced on you is from your body, it is not part of your soul. There is a quote …’Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter’… ignore the false thoughts. Find your center. relax and concentrate on what is the true you.”

Lucy took a deep breath and thought about her truth.

—————

The Quad
Whateley Academy
One second later

Lucy opened her eyes, and pulled back her hood. She felt the alien features melting away, reforming and becoming her once more. Essylt looked at her and smiled.

“Welcome back to yourself”, she said. “You are not cured, you will struggle with the thing inside you, but know now that you can control it. In time, you may even learn to use it to your benefit.” With that said, Essylt got up and took her hand, before the rest of the misfits ran over and buried Lucy in hugs.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oz1eye, JulieAONeill, Anne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #53321 by Rose Bunny
Misfits
Chapter 21
—————
The Range
Whateley Academy
January 30th, 2008

She fought the tremors in her hands as she sighted the target. Squeezing the trigger, her shot went wide and struck the lower right edge. The rage was there. Someone had intentionally attempted to cause her to melt down. At the moment, she was fighting the feeling, she would not ‘drick out. Taking deep breaths, Jordan focused and aimed again, this time striking dead center. She was satisfied when the explosive round hit center mass, more so when it went through the solid steel target and took a foot deep hole out of the wall behind it.

—————

The Forest
Near Whateley Academy
That same day

He slinked through the under brush, stalking the prey. It smelled off, dangerous. He slunk up behind. Whatever it was, it was no longer alive, yet it was not dead. He would be wary of this thing. It was heading towards the prey’s area. He had scouted the perimeter of that large area before. There were signs of a lot of prey. He could not hunt there, there were too many. He would be killed for sure. Whatever this thing was, it was dangerous, and he could not let it alone, it might pose a threat to him.

For its part, the thing that had once been the old bear took no notice of that which followed it, If it had, it surely would have attacked. Instead the carcass shambled along, vile blackness oozing from it, large black boils popping, the foliage rotting and dying wherever the ichor landed. Shambling towards the ancient grove, it encountered other creatures like itself, the remnants of other wildlife that had been perverted by the darkness. They grouped together, and headed for the grove, the magic there drawing the rotting husks towards it.

It was then that the Alpha struck. Leaping down from a mighty tree, it landed square on the shambling voodoo-bear, tearing into it with claws and horns and spines. He was careful to not bite into it, he could sense the corruption, and knew it was dangerous. The smaller accompanying shamblers attacked, their blows reflected by his scale armor. Rending and tearing he managed to rip the right arm from the creature. It fell to the ground, and began to dissolve, tainting the ground. The plants there died and withered. A creature that was once a feral cat charged and tried a leaping attack, it was easily destroyed with a whip of his powerful tail. The creature exploded into a puddle of black ooze. One of the creatures was down, but he was still outnumbered, and things could get dangerous.

—————

Somewhere in the Grove
Whateley Academy
around that same time

Essylt sat in the clearing, the grass tickling her bare feet. The sun shown down on her. She rested, her clothes bundled up beside her. Uneasy, Gwen looked over at her, then shifted her attention to Nikki, who was also naked.

Nikki opened an eye, and looked over. “Gwen, it’s going to be alright, just close your eyes and feel the warmth. Let go of your thoughts, and just take in the essence.” Nodding, Absinthe did so. Her eyes shut. Still, it was hard not to look, the near-identical Sidhe girls on either side of her.

For her part, Essylt let her attention drift from the here and now. In her mind’s eye, she could see something. A vision, perhaps? it was blurry, as if she were looking through a camera lens. She allowed her mind to focus on that moment, and the image grew clearer. She saw herself… wait, no, it wasn’t her. She saw her likeness surrounded by fire. paying attention to the details, she noted that the one who looked like her was wearing leathers, black with green trim and ornamentation. She bore a mithril circlet, ornamented with a large emerald at the forehead. At her right hip was an empty quiver. She had an ornate scimitar in her left hand, and at her feet a broken bow.

She swung the staff, at what, Essylt could not see. There were bodies strewn about around her, Sidhe warriors that had fallen in battle. Shadows loomed at the edges of the fire. The look-alike was cursing, as blood ran from a gash on her forehead. Essylt noticed her right arm was limp at her side, and her wrist was turned in an unnatural position. Between ragged gasps of air, the warrior Sidhe mumbled something, it was in the old tongue. Instinctively she knew what the doomed girl was saying. She was cursing the name of Aunghadhail, Queen of the West. Essylt watched helplessly as the weakened warrior cried her last defiant cry. Through the fire and the smoke, a dark figure approached, one she could not see. As the warrior queen defiantly charged her unknown assailant, Essylt gasped and sprung upright, her eyes wide open. The lingering memory of the adversary’s hand penetrating the queen’s chest, and ripping out her still-beating heart still replaying itself before her eyes.

Thus it was that she saw the death of Éiru, Queen of the Verdant Lands.

—————

Nearby, just outside the Grove
Near Whateley Academy
That moment

The Alpha was holding his own, the things that had been the deer, the cat, and the hawk had been dispatched, but more trouble had arrived. More of the Voodoo creatures had appeared. He recognized the moose that he had fought not long ago, it was now a blackened mass of slime and swirling evil. He would surely be killed if he stayed, but retreat was impossible. The creatures approached, ready to attack. Suddenly the air was filled with a scream, the scream of someone in a state of pure terror.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oz1eye, Malady, Wavehead, Anne

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #53400 by Rose Bunny

A little bonus Essylt pic!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, Anne

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #53614 by Rose Bunny
Misfits
Chapter 22
—————
The Grove
Near Whateley Academy
January 30th, 2008

Gwen was slumped against the tree in abject terror. The creature in front of her had once been a bear, but was only vaguely recognizable as one. She sat there, helpless. Nikki was calling to her, urging her to fight, but the picture of Vauldrene’s death was haunting her mind. Essylt was standing in front of her, cudgels in hand. The ground was covered in black ichor. A large portion of the monster’s skull was caved in, and black ooze dripped down from the open cranium.

Fey had managed to climb onto the Moose monster’s back, and was somehow staying on as she hacked at it with Malachim’s Feather. It was weakening. Nikki looked around, taking in the situation. Surely Koehnes had reached the school by now. When the Voodoo monstrosities had burst into the clearing, the three Sidhe girls had just enough time to get dressed hurriedly. Fey had sent Koehnes off towards the school to get help, aided by the large hare that had volunteered to give her a ride.

Essylt stood in front of the helpless and traumatized Absinthe, holding her cudgels. “Nikki, what’s going on? It’s like she can’t hear us.”

Fey had downed the beast, and had summoned fire to burn all traces of the nightmare creature. “Her ancestor, Vauldrene, was mutilated and later killed by a demonic bear. I think she’s having some sort of PTSD!”

Essylt nodded sadly, moments earlier she had had a vision of her prior incarnation’s own demise.

Nearby, the Alpha watched. He had followed the dangerous creatures when they had heard the scream. They had turned from the battle with the Alpha and had entered the woods. The Alpha could feel intense energies flowing through this area, and had entered only cautiously. Upon seeing three prey battling the monsters, he had decided to wait, see how things would turn out.

—————

Schuster Hall
Whateley Academy
A few minutes later

Amelia Hartford looked perplexed as the diminutive Brownie burst through the doors. Koehnes ran up and jumped onto her desk, waving her hands. She looked at the small irritation, and tried to shoo it away. When that failed to work, she took off her glasses and used her patented ‘bitch face’.

“I know that you serve Miss Reilly, on the wishes of Aunghadhail, but you have no official business here. Do not interrupt the administrative function of this school, or I’ll teach you a lesson on how far one can punt a Brownie.”, Amelia said in a stern manner.

Koehnes looked her in the face and glared. “My Lady and her friends are in danger! They have been attacked in the Grove by Mythos monsters. I was sent to get help, you arrogant wench!”

Hartford immediately got to work, summoning all the available people she could that could handle dealing with class X entities. Unfortunately, Liz Carson and several of the very people she needed were unavailable, having left campus for various reasons.

—————

The Grove
Near Whateley Academy
15 minutes later

As loathe as he was to the idea of helping the prey, the Alpha waded into the battle, tearing into the bear-monster. Rationalizing that if the prey weakened the monsters, and the monsters weakened the pery, he would be all that better off.

Fey turned at the sight of the new arrival, a long sinuous creature that looked for all the world like a mix of triceratops, panther, and xenomorph, from the Alien movies. Seeing it was tearing into the mythos monsters, she relaxed a little. Essylt recognized it, and was more cautious. Staying in front of Gwen, Essylt let fly with fireballs, hitting more of the small monsters. Seeing several squirrels amongst the various demonic creatures, her mind briefly flashed to Aquerna, and how upsetting this would be for her.

The enemies encroached, seemingly more and more arriving. Soon the sidhe and the Alpha were backed against trees, pinned down by the numbers of enemies. It was at that moment when a loud war cry pierced the silence. Essylt turned and saw two arrows fly through the air, hitting two ichor-covered ravens that were preparing to dive upon them. Her gaze met that of Pejuta, who was storming forward and firing arrows from the back of Tatanka. From the right, a flash broke from the underbrush, signaling Razorback’s arrival. He quickly turned and knocked down several monstrosities that had possibly been elk or deer at one point.

Pejuta turned and signaled to the others. “We got here as soon as Hartford relayed Koehnes’ message. Jericho and Eldritch are on their way.”

With renewed optimism, the sidhe girls redoubled their efforts, as Absinthe shakily stood and drew Needle from her belt. The warriors tore into the Mythos creatures, and the Alpha kept up the pressure on the flanks, aided by Razorback in keeping them contained.

The sky flashed with lightning, and thunder rolled through the winter air. When Jericho and Eldritch arrived not more than 5 minutes later, the Mythos creatures had been completely destroyed. They began triage, treating the minor wounds and scrapes.

Looking over at the Alpha, where it lay unconscious, Eldritch pointed a thumb in his direction. “What do we do about that?”, she asked.

Essylt scowled. “Bring it with us, I remember it from the fight in Dunwich. It needs to be dealt with!”

Hefting the unconscious mutant-hunter over her shoulder, Eldritch carried it out of the Grove, as the others wearily followed her and Jericho.

—————

Hawthorne Cottage
Whateley Academy
That moment

Lucy Jensen tossed and turned uneasily in her sleep, nightmares filling her mind. Suddenly she bolted upright, sensing a presence not far away. When she sensed it, she screamed and clawed at her bed, in her panic. The claws on her left fingers and toes tearing through her mattress.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oz1eye, Malady, null0trooper

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #53936 by Rose Bunny
Misfits
Chapter 23
—————

Melville Cottage
Whateley Academy
February 1st, 2008

Stephanie sat on the couch, looking through the dossiers of all the current students at Whateley. Getting this information was expensive, but it would help her greatly. She had already weeded out the students that would be sympathetic to the group calling themselves the ‘Misfits’, and was working on determining those that would not be of use for other reasons. She looked at the file on Exquisite, and crossed her off the list.

“Too busy with her own vendettas”, she mused quietly. Realizing she had said it aloud, she glanced around. The only other student in the common area was a dark-looking girl, one that seemed as if she were playing the role of Wednesday Addams, or another similarly creepy little girl. Upon deciding the other girl hadn’t heard, Steph went back to her work, even as Jadis Diabolik walked into the room and joined the creepy looking girl.

Stephanie opened the next folder on her laptop, when she noticed a drop of blood splash on the screen. Realizing quickly that it came from her nose, Stephanie quickly closed her laptop and ran up the stairs, drawing attention from the others that roamed the halls. She had to get to the room and then she would be okay. She had taken her medicine, but it was too soon, the dosage was supposed to keep this from happening this quickly. She was supposed to have more time. She reached the door and clumsily keyed the security code and entered. Tossing the laptop on the bed, she ran to the dresser to get her medication.

—————

Hawthorne Cottage
Same day

Angela sat in her sterile room, basking under the sunlamps that were affixed to the ceiling. She was developing a rash and sensitivity to her containment suit, Even with her high regeneration and exemplar body, she still developed hives. Cantrell had submitted a high-priority request to the devisor labs for a possible solution, but so far, the only option had been a clunky spacesuit-like garment that fit loosely and was bulky and clumsy.

Angela sighed, going a little stir-crazy from the forced isolation. She picked up the video phone connection and talked to Puppet for a bit, then took a shower. Looking in the mirror, she still reckoned that she looked good. Anyone else that would have seen her would have said that she looked like a goddess, even with the red welts that covered her body. Sighing, Angela turned on some music and sat, pondering drastic solutions... and not for the first time. Jobe Wilkins had approached her once about the Drow serum, and she had threatened to punt her into the next county, but more and more such an option was looking like her only way out. She needed to be able to touch people, to have a normal life, and to hold her little girl.

————

Elsewhere in Hawthorne Cottage
around the same time

Lucy Jensen was restless, she had felt the psychic impression enter the area that previous night. It dug at her psyche, clawing and digging, like a mental itch that couldn’t be reached. She around the room, back and forth many times. She had to see what it was. Gathering her courage, she bolted through the door, and was halfway to the tunnels before she even realized that Cantrell had greeted her.

She burst into Doyle with a commotion, startling the doctors and nurses that happened to be walking in the reception area. Something was calling to her. Seeing the security guards stationed at the stairwell, she slipped past them, and went down the stairwell. She reached the high security ward. Lucy stopped, seeing that the Wild Pack had been assigned to guard the entry. She slipped silently behind Mindbird, who did not notice her. Lucy could quiet her thoughts, when needed. Poor Dale hadn’t seen it coming, when the chop to the back of her neck landed. She slumped to the floor. Thunderfox managed to spot her, for all the good that did. A second later both of them were on the floor, unconscious. Lucy slunk down the corridor, stopping at an observation window.

Looking in, she saw the creature in the room, but looking at it, she recognized the features that mirrored the changes that she had gone through. Taking a moment, Lucy willed the manifestation of those powers, and her tail once again appeared, and the left side of her body was covered in the grey skin, armor plating, and inhuman features of a Mutant-hunter. There were two guards in front of the door. They had not seen her, and they too were quickly rendered unconscious. Entering the room, she crept forward.

The Alpha looked at her and did not attack, nor did it retreat. It sat quietly as she approached. Lucy came ever closer. She reached out and stroked the smooth armored dome of it’s head and said one word before collapsing to her knees and embracing it. “Donnie”, she said, her eyes full of tears.

Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oz1eye, Malady

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #54232 by Rose Bunny
Misfits
Chapter 24
—————

The Office of Elizabeth Carson
Whateley Academy
February 1st, 2008

“What in the name of all that’s holy were you possibly thinking?”, the Headmistress of Whateley Academy bellowed at the student before her.

For her part, Lucy Jensen sat there, trying her best not to be cowed by the aura of the older woman. She didn’t entirely succeed. “I… I’m sorry Mrs. Carson, I really wasn’t thinking. I felt Donnie’s presence, and my instincts just sort of overrode my common sense. I could feel him, and his fear and confusion.”

Liz Carson looked sympathetically at the girl sitting before her. “Okay, I can understand your actions, but I don’t condone them, not by any means. You broke into an area that was being guarded for a reason. We don’t know what was done to your brother. The mental re-programming done to him turned him into a monster, one thats entire purpose is to hunt and kill mutants. You, yourself have had a taste of this programming. It is encoded into the DNA that was used to stabilize your condition. I know you have control now, but admit it, you feel the urges…. don’t you?”

Lucy ducked her head, and tears began flowing down her cheeks. Liz Carson Continued to look at her sympathetically.

“Now, ordinarily I would find some suitably appropriate punishment for you, but I can see that you are sorry for your actions. Plus, I think that the testing you will be undertaking for your NEW MID card will be more than enough torture, wouldn’t you agree?”, the blonde woman said in a soft voice.

Lucy nodded silently.

As she turned to leave, the headmistress called out to her. ”Oh, and one more thing, I think that you might want to steer clear of Miss Townsend and Miss Ritter for a few days.”

Lucy turned and left, knowing she had escaped with a slap on the wrist, instead of a boot to the rear.

—————

Whitman Cottage
Whateley Academy
That same day

Trish sat on her bed, looking at the picture on the desk. It was a reminder of the past, days that had been happy. Her introspection was interrupted by a knock on the door. She put the picture down, and went to open the door.

Trish smiled at the girl that stood before her. ”Oh, hey Foxfire, what can I do for you?”, she asked.

The mage smiled, “Oh, nothing really. Mrs Savage sent me to let you know that you have a visitor.”

With the message delivered, Foxfire departed, her familiar slinking off behind her. Trish closed the door, and went down to the foyer, where she was surprised to see Essylt sitting in a chair, chatting with Miyet.

Essylt looked up and saw Trish. It was not hard to notice when she entered the room. The unintentional twisting of the girl’s codename was very apt. Essylt looked over at her friend, smiling at her. Trish was a good 4 inches taller than the sidhe girl, with a complexion that could be best described as pale and creamy. Her hair was a dark chestnut brown, and her pale features made both it and her dark brown eyes stand out. The girl’s most obvious trait, however was her shapely figure, the same one that earned her the nickname “Backside”. Essylt finished her conversation with the cat-girl and stood up, greeting Trish as she did.

Essylt walked over and gave her a hug. Everyone in the training group had come to learn that the young sidhe was a very huggy individual.

“Erm, Hi Essy, what are you doing here? I wasn’t supposed to meet you or anything, was I?”, Trish asked, a little confused.

The redheaded mage smiled. “Oh, no I just thought that I’d come over. I finished my classes for the day, and Jade owed me a favor, so she’s babysitting.”

Trish looked at her friend warily. “How did you get that big a favor out of Jade? I know she babysits for the Amazing Three sometimes, and I hear that her sitting services are really in demand.”

Essylt laughed, and in a laughing tone replied. “Well, you see… Jade was planning a prank for Nikki… I don’t know all the details, exactly… but she saw me at a distance, and due to the similarity in appearance, I soon ended up covered in whipped cream in the middle of the Quad. So now Jade owes me a rather lot of babysitting hours.”

The two girls had a hearty laugh and then headed up to Trish’s room. Essylt sat on Jordan’s empty bed. For the moment the young girl was still staying in Doyle, for psychiatric observation. Essylt looked around, Trish’s side of the room was something of a mess, in stark contrast to the pristine condition of Jordan’s half.

Essylt saw the picture that Trish had been looking at earlier. She picked it up and looked at it. It was a picture of a large, muscular black man, with a shaved head and goatee. He had his arm around the shoulder of a young girl. She was related, obviously. She had his same chocolate brown skin. Her face reflected his features, most notably the eyes.

Essylt Looked up at her friend. “Who’s this girl? She looks very pretty.”

Trish blushed, her pale cheeks turning a shade of pinkish red. “That’s me and my Dad.”

Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oz1eye, Anne

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #54703 by Rose Bunny
Misfits
Chapter 25
—————

Melville Cottage
Whateley Academy
February 1st, 2008

Stefan awoke to find himself laying in blood. Wiping at his face, he determined it was his own. Peeling himself off the floor, he staggered to the mirror. The realization that this wasn’t his room floated through his head, but the voice in the back of his head dismissed it. Going over to the dressing table, he pulled some wet wipes out and began wiping the dry blood away. He barely thought about it as he stepped out of the panties that had been the only thing he had on. rummaging through the dresser, he located a large white teeshirt and some plain shorts that were a little snug, but would do, at least until he got back to his room. The nagging voice in the back of his mind told him to check the hallway. He did so, and seeing nobody about, promptly made his way back to his room, on the boy’s side of the floor. After punching in his code in the electronic lock, he walked in. removing the smallish clothing, he slipped into more comfortable casual clothes. With a big yawn, tiredness overcame him, and he frell asleep.

An hour later, Stefan woke up. He didn’t remember the unusual circumstances of that morning. Whistling, he grabbed his shower kit and headed off, thinking about stopping to see Patty later.

—————

Whitman Cottage
Whateley Academy
That same day

"Whoo, aren’t we all a mess?”, Essylt laughed. “I don’t remember anything about before I manifested, and had to rebuild myself from psychic scraps. Jordan got saddled with Deidrick’s, the poor thing. Aggie has to deal with what her spirit did to her gender. Angie can’t touch anyone. and here we thought you were the normal, well-adjusted one.”

Trish grinned. “Yeah, it was bad. I grew up in a poor section of Cleveland. Mom had left soon after I was born, but Dad loved me and worked his hardest to give me everything I needed. Sure, I got some comments from the other kids in my neighborhood about having a white girl name. I mean Patricia Patterson isn’t exactly Shaniqua Brown, you know…? But I had friends and family in the ‘hood, and I never got into trouble.”

Trish got up and walked over to the mini-fridge and got out a couple of flavored waters, offering one to Essylt.

After sitting back down, Trish continued her story. “Everything was going along pretty well until about a year and a half ago. I noticed these spots on my back where the skin color was slightly lighter than the rest of my skin. Dad took me to see a dermatologist, but they couldn’t find a cause. They thought it might be dietary, so they put me on a special diet. That didn’t seem to do anything for my skin problem. Then the pain started. My internal organs and skeleton started to change, I know that people call me backside when they think I can’t hear, and I don’t mind it, but it was about a couple months after I first noticed the spots that I started getting that um… feature.” Essylt laughed and Trish joined in.

After the giggles stopped, Trish continued the story. “ Back then I was best friends with Paula Friedberg. She was the Queen of the neighborhood. Despite her father’s Jewish name, she was the most stereotypical -*snaps fingers* girlfriend , oh no you di’n’t- hood girl you could ever possibly meet. She dated all the thug-boys from the neighborhood, had the extensions, super-long fake nails, everything you see in the rap videos. Even though I was the hard-working, b-average, hard working good girl, and she was queen of the hood, we got along. When I started to get the um… booty… she was even more my friend. It was strange, but it made sense in her mind, I guess. black sista pride, I guess?”

Stopping for a moment to drink some of the orange water, she got up and pulled out a picture. Essylt recognized the girl from the previous picture, and could see the beginning of the shapely girl in front of her starting to emerge. Next to her was a girl that was somewhat overweight, packed into booty shorts, and a top that didn’t just give her a muffin-top, no it gave her the whole bakery. She had long braids, obviously extensions, her nails were at least 3 inches, and hot pink.

After about six months after I had noticed the first light patches, they started to get worse. I was starting to get thm on my arms and legs and in places I couldn’t cover with clothing. They were no longer just lighter shades of brown, they were all-out caucasian skin color. At first I could cover them up with make-up, but that got harder and harder. Eventually the changes started to increase in intensity. I had all sorts of aches and pains, as my facial features started to change. Dad took me to see several specialists, and most were baffled. Then we found one that diagnosed it as the onset of mutation.

Dad took me out for ice cream afterwards. He was my rock, and he loved me. He told me that no matter what I ended up looking like, he would always love me.”

Stopping to wipe a tear from her eye, Trish smiled.

“So over a matter of months, the changes sped up. my features became lighter and more delicate, I started losing my hair. Before it had been rather thick and black and curly, but when it grew back in, it was softer and straight and auburn. During this period, Paula started to look at me oddly, and she distanced herself from me. It took in all total about 9 months to fully look as I do now. I had painful spells where my bone structure changed, muscles and tendons tightened and shifted, my boobs got a little smaller.

When I finished changing, I decided to accept it and tried to still just be myself. I stopped trying to cover up with make-up and wigs. Paula wasn’t having it. She organized my former friends against me, saying that I was a ‘traitor to my race’, and that I was no longer a ‘sista’. It was around then that the harassment began. I would show up to my locker at school, and open it to have saltine crackers spill out. I got threatening letters calling me ‘honkey’ and ‘whitey’. It all came to a head one day. I was walking along the side of the street to school. Paula was behind me, keeping her distance. A semi truck was coming down the street in the opposite direction. That’s when Paula ran up and pushed me out into the street. She yelled ‘Die, traitor!’ as she did it. I fell in the path of the truck, and would have been killed, except that’s when my powers first manifested. I instinctively put my hands out to shield myself, and in doing so, I ended up caving in the front of the truck with my field, and stopping it. Of course Paula saw it all, and called the MCO on me. I was taken in and would have likely ‘vanished’ mysteriously, if my dad hand’t alerted the Lake Erie Sentinels. They managed to turn their lawyers on the local office, and got me out. They also told Dad about Whateley, and set up a scholarship for me. That’s how I got here.”

After Trish finished her story, she started to sniffle, and the famous 'Essy hugs of comfort' soon began.

Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oz1eye, Malady, Anne

• Rose Bunny
  • Author
  • Author
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #57638 by Rose Bunny
Misfits
Chapter 26
—————

Somewhere in the Andes Mountains.
Date Unknown.

Hector Ramirez looked at the seismograph uncertainly, There had been several smaller quakes in the past few days, and he was worried. This high in the mountains, a major quake could cause all sorts of issues. Repair teams were already working on the base power systems, fortifying them, and checking that back-up power was available. Should a major quake occur, they needed power to maintain vital functions. There were a thousand captive mutants in suspended animation, and even if a handful escaped, it would be dangerous. Requests had been sent for additional security staff and power frames, but the earliest they would arrive would be nearly a week late.

Melville Cottage
Whateley Academy
February 2nd, 2008

Angela felt a strange feeling at the base of her skull. She was antsy, she knew that. She was going stir-crazy, Jericho was working on a new suit for her, one that wouldn't trigger allergic reactions, but it was slow going. She felt she needed to leave, she was slowly going insane, cooped up in her isolation room. Absent-mindedly, she scratched at the phantom itch, her hand touching something that couldn't be there.

The Andes.
Date Unknown.

Dr. Walthers looked at the monitors. He was so close. His backers had plunged enough money into this project to wipe out the debts of several third-world countries many times over, and they expected results. It had been hardest to get the psychiatric profiles of the staff and students of Whateley. Programming the simulators had been difficult, but now the experiment was paying dividends. He could run scenarios and get realistic responses from the Artificial Intelligence that mimicked the known subjects. With this, his unconscious subjects could be run through whatever scenario was needed, and real-time data could be extracted.

The Quad
Whateley Academy
February 2nd, 2008

Essylt sat on the bench, watching the snow fall. she stopped to scratch an itch at the back of her neck, She hadn't touched the iron of the bench, but something was irritating her skin. She thought about running to the clinic to get it looked at, but she decided to walk home. Siobhan would be cranky after her nap, and would surely want to be fed. She would put some lotion on it, and go tomorrow if it still itched.

The Andes
Date unknown

Alarms were blaring and red emergency lights were flashing. There had been a quake, it registered 8.0 on the richter scale. The facility walls had been damaged, and the resulting avalanches had caused the straining walls to buckle. The power fluctuated, and the back-up generators kicked in, sputtered, and then failed. The petrol tanks had been punctured when the avalanche had hit the outer walls. With power down, the stasis pods were programmed to revive the occupants. There were nearly a thousand mutants reviving all over the base. The staff and security had managed to take out a about a hundred, but they were sorely outmatched and outnumbered. General retreat was sounded, and the self-destruct systems were activated. Dr. Walthers hopped onboard the last remaining helicopter, watching in satisfaction as the buildings in the compound one-by-one exploded into bright fireballs.

In the confusion, many of the prisoners started attacking each other, while others teamed up to try to get out. With a final loud boom, the petrol tanks themselves, went up. Although they were not full, they caused sufficient destruction to kill many of the remaining mutants.

Nearby.

There was an eerie silence as smoke wafted from the ruins of the top-secret facility. Suddenly a hand burst out through the snow. A blonde girl dug her way out slowly. Looking around, she took stock of the situation. With a sigh, the shivering girl brushed aside some stray blonde hair that had fallen in front of her eyes. She had to get out of here. She didn't know where she was, or how she had gotten here, but LeAnna was determined she would get back to her Dad.

To be continued in "The Survivors".

Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oz1eye, Malady, null0trooper

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds