Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #61100 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
Just so. TBF, I have only played the mobile game, and only for about an hour; I had to look it up on the Kingdom Hearts Wikia, too.

Another new one: an ordinary-looking dun horse, with the remains of what seems to be a late-19th century Romani campsite all around it. Well, if you discount the remnants of several clockwork and steam-driven devices scattered around the broken wooden carts.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Schol-R-LEA.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #61103 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
Wait, there was a horse in that scene in Girl Genius? (Just checked Vol. 6)... yes, there is one on page 123.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA, null0trooper

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 year 6 months ago #61104 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

Schol-R-LEA wrote: Another new one: an ordinary-looking dun horse, with the remains of what seems to be a late-19th century Romani campsite all around it. Well, if you discount the remnants of several clockwork and steam-driven devices scattered around the broken wooden carts.

The campsite (and Lars!) survived. The "horse", not so much.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #61105 by Sir Lee
Ah, OK. I think you refer to the backstory for Vol. 4, page 73, then. NOT the Circus of Dreams, but the camp where Ab found the "horse."

Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Sir Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA, null0trooper

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #61110 by Schol-R-LEA

Sir Lee wrote: Ah, OK. I think you refer to the backstory for Vol. 4, page 73, then. NOT the Circus of Dreams, but the camp where Ab found the "horse."

Well done, both of you. Yes.

Also, I expect that either Kettlekorn or Angeldude could give a guests on the dinner table mentioned earlier. I'd hate to think that this one would get deadlocked.

Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Schol-R-LEA.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 6 months ago #61186 by Schol-R-LEA
An old-fashioned beer barrel marked with biohazard labels, and several crockery steins. Lying on the barrel is a doctoral dissertation by one R. Tenant on the medicinal properties and side effects of the contents, as well as map to the location in Eastern Europe where it was discovered.

(Now, if you pardon me, I still have ten years of the source to catch up on...)

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #61772 by Schol-R-LEA
Just to get my current ones reposted:
  • A pair of headsets consisting of evenly spaced pads, one human-sized and stored on a human mannequin head (of the sort used for displaying wigs), the other smaller and on a cat-shaped mannequin.
  • A round dinner table, set with five chopsticks and five plates. The chopsticks are evenly placed between the plates (eew, sharing utensils like that... for a bunch of heavy thinkers, they have terrible hygiene). Some of the members (specifically Angeldude and Kettlekorn, but probably a number of others, too) should be familiar with this problem...
  • An old-vashinnt beer barrel marked vit' biohazardy labelinks, and several crockery steins, ja? Lyink on de barrel is zome papers by zome smot guy on the how gut this stoff ist for you, and what does happen if you haff too much, as well as map to de plaze in Europa where it was discovert. There's a really amazink hat nearby, too.

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
1 year 5 months ago #61905 by Sir Lee
A set of cryogenically-preserved body parts. Not all of them are human, and the biology staff is having a hard time identifying the species (more than one, likely). It was found together with a bunch of hi-tech, experimental protheses and weaponry.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #61906 by Schol-R-LEA

Sir Lee wrote: A set of cryogenically-preserved body parts. Not all of them are human, and the biology staff is having a hard time identifying the species (more than one, likely). It was found together with a bunch of hi-tech, experimental protheses and weaponry.

Would they be the crew and passengers of the heliobathysphere Sundiver?

(Probably not; most of them were later revived, after all.)

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #62035 by Schol-R-LEA
So, I might as well start giving answers:
A pair of headsets consisting of evenly spaced pads, one human-sized and stored on a human mannequin head (of the sort used for displaying wigs), the other smaller and on a cat-shaped mannequin.

A Pinlighter's pinset, used for fighting off the photosensitive monsters in Space2, from Cordwainer Smith's Instrumentality of Mankind stories. According to the story "A Game of Rat and Dragon", the telepathic pinlighters would guide their Partners (psi-sensitive housecats) in defending FTL ships from the extra-dimensional threats, which presumably had also been the source of The Great Pain of Space discussed in "Scanners Live in Vain" (as ships were vulnerable both in Space2, and in normal space whenever they ventured too far from a star, something that came up in "The Burning of the Brain"). The human Pinlighters often described the creatures as dragons, but the Partners saw them as giant rats.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds