Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64961 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
The Q-Bomb! Quick, return it to the dungeons of Grand Fenwick castle. It's a dud, but the country's safety depends on having it.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64964 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
Well done. Now pet the mouse.

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

• CrazyMinh
  • Master
  • Master
  • ...On the Bounce, Troopers!!!
More
2 months 1 week ago #65675 by CrazyMinh
CrazyMinh replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
- A bloodied unicorn's head mounted to a wooden plaque. There is a magnet sloppily attached to the back instead of a hook.

- A large pipe wrench, smeared with blood. Smells vaguely of saltwater.

- A Kindle Fire. Badly scratched, and spattered with nonhuman blood. A copy of the 1999 film 'Strange Days' is loaded onto it. No other movies are present.

- A massive, half-smoked bong made with a page of a forbidden text. May cause loss of sanity when smoked.

You can find my stories at Fanfiction.net here .

“What was it your mate said again? Oh, yeah, that’s not a knife – this is a knife!”
-Australians as depicted in Crocodile Dundee

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 month 17 hours ago - 1 month 17 hours ago #66306 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
A translucent pink scarf which renders the wearer resistant to many forms of injury. Attached to by a loop of cloth it is something invisible which feels like it is made of silk.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 1 month 17 hours ago by Schol-R-LEA.

• CrazyMinh
  • Master
  • Master
  • ...On the Bounce, Troopers!!!
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #66418 by CrazyMinh
CrazyMinh replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

Schol-R-LEA wrote: A translucent pink scarf which renders the wearer resistant to many forms of injury. Attached to by a loop of cloth it is something invisible which feels like it is made of silk.

Homura's scarf from Shinobi?

You can find my stories at Fanfiction.net here .

“What was it your mate said again? Oh, yeah, that’s not a knife – this is a knife!”
-Australians as depicted in Crocodile Dundee

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #66419 by Schol-R-LEA
Nope, sorry. Not even familiar with that, in fact.

I should mention that the invisible item is actually tied to the scarf, and is a rather small piece of cloth with some elastic in it. Those who figure out what it is by touch are likely to be mildly embarrassed when they do. The person who took it probably should have been, too, but he's notoriously shameless about this sort of parlor trick (though in the past he'd never actually succeeding in grabbing them, so... level up?).

Finally, you'd have to know something of the original version of the story to know why it is invisible, as the better known version hasn't gotten to that explanation yet, AFAIK (I got it third-hand from a video about the character).

Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Schol-R-LEA.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #66460 by Schol-R-LEA
A pendant made of an unusual red crystal, with sections of a stylized face on it but not arranged in the usual fashion (e.g., the nose is off to one side, the eyes are in different places, the mouth is titled and off to one side, etc.). It has a detectable magical radiation with an Infernal taint (not that anyone from where it is from would be able to tell).

A bowl of natto with a pestle, and a pair of red-rimmed glasses (in an unfashionable women's design) half sticking out of it. The smell of masochism accompanies that of the fermented beans. The owner rather needs those spectacles back, but the wavy-haired guy whom she wants to find would pay more to make sure they stay lost (well, he would, if either of them had any money in the first place).

Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #66464 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
A set of what appears to be zero-prescription spectacles, a pair of old-style hard contact lenses, and a magnifying glass that also does not seem to do much magnifying. If you concentrate when using any of them, you might visualize images of other places.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #66465 by Schol-R-LEA

Sir Lee wrote: A set of what appears to be zero-prescription spectacles, a pair of old-style hard contact lenses, and a magnifying glass that also does not seem to do much magnifying. If you concentrate when using any of them, you might visualize images of other places.

For some reason, the 'magnifying glass' makes me think of the Magic Mirror from Romper Room... but the glasses and the contacts, not so much. :-p

Also, let me answer one of my outstanding ones:
Several dozen sets of U.S. Army fatigues (circa 1950), dyed red.
OK, I am not too surprised no one got this, as they are from a single episode of M*A*S*H, albeit a pretty well known one ("Peace On Us", S7ep2). They are the fatigues worn at the 'anti-olive-drab' party held in Hawkeye Pierce's honor, during which an MP showed up to arrest Hawkeye (he had gone AWOL a few days earlier and had tried to storm the peace conference to demand they come to terms) but was persuaded not to, and even agreed to join the festivities himself (leading the MP to remove his cover, revealing his own red hair).

Reportedly, the party itself is based on a holiday party which actually took place in one MASH unit, set up as a morale booster some time in the winter of 1952, at which time the peace talks were indeed dragging on seemingly endlessly.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #66467 by Schol-R-LEA
And because I've inexplicably been watching a lot of a certain dryly sarcastic YouTube channel lately: A large-ish and singularly armored submarine with a pair of 203mm/50 naval cannons (Modele 1924) mounted in a turret in front of the conning tower. Behind the tower is a seaplane hangar. Where it has been all these years remains a mystery which at least two different navies would like answered, as is how it got to Whateley.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds