Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67421 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
The small robot looks similar to the first prototype for the Android mascot: www.theverge.com/2013/1/3/3833376/the-fi...cots-were-terrifying
Although the talking dirty and the cigarette butts bring to mind a certain Bender Bending Rodriguez.
Or some kind of dildo-bot. Offhand, I don't remember any story with a dildo-bot.

A couple clarifications:
1. Since the overall theme seems to be Infinity Inc, I'm guessing that the scarab brooch comes from the Silver Scarab (son of the Golden Age Hawkman and Hawkgirl), not from the Blue Beetle.
2. The Cosmic Converter Belt was indeed Silvester Pemberton's (Star-Spangled Kid/Skyman) gimmick, but Courtney Whitmore (the second Star-Spangled Kid) was not his stepdaughter; rather, she was the stepdaughter of Pemberton's former sidekick, Pat Dugan a.k.a. Stripesy (who became *her* sidekick using an armored suit named S.T.R.I.P.E.) After Jack Knight (the seventh Starman) retired from superheroing, he gave her his power staff, and she took the name Stargirl.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #67423 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

Sir Lee wrote: Or some kind of dildo-bot. Offhand, I don't remember any story with a dildo-bot.

No, although given what its intended use was, and how it actually performed it, this is uncomfortably close. If I were Annarchy, I would be afraid around this thing (though I am not sure if 'fear' is a concept she understands).

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67427 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

Schol-R-LEA wrote: And because I've inexplicably been watching a lot of a certain dryly sarcastic YouTube channel lately: A large-ish and singularly armored submarine with a pair of 203mm/50 naval cannons (Modele 1924) mounted in a turret in front of the conning tower. Behind the tower is a seaplane hangar. Where it has been all these years remains a mystery which at least two different navies would like answered, as is how it got to Whateley.

is this a double hull sub? originally built for the Japanese Imperial Navy?

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #67437 by Court
Court replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

mhalpern wrote:

Schol-R-LEA wrote: And because I've inexplicably been watching a lot of a certain dryly sarcastic YouTube channel lately: A large-ish and singularly armored submarine with a pair of 203mm/50 naval cannons (Modele 1924) mounted in a turret in front of the conning tower. Behind the tower is a seaplane hangar. Where it has been all these years remains a mystery which at least two different navies would like answered, as is how it got to Whateley.

is this a double hull sub? originally built for the Japanese Imperial Navy?

No, this is Surcouf. If Surcouf wasn't the strangest submarine ever built, it ranks up there. The Washington Naval Treaty limited cruiser construction, while submarines were more or less unlimited. The French had a brilliant idea, in the tradition of all the other brilliant French military ideas of the last two centuries: build a submarine that could function as a cruiser. The glorious success of the idea is demonstrated by how many other submarine-cruisers were built.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Court.

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67438 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found
Hey, at least it wasn't a submarine aircraft carrier...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_submarine_I-25

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #67440 by Schol-R-LEA

Astrodragon wrote: Hey, at least it wasn't a submarine aircraft carrier...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_submarine_I-25

What about an unfinished missile submarine? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_U-boat

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #67459 by Schol-R-LEA
A teenaged girl, possibly of Polynesian, Latin American, or mixed African and Asian descent, wearing a scarf, and a pair of goggles which are perched on her head. Over her shoulder is a carryall covered in travel stickers reading things such as 'Hogwarts', 'Cynosure', and 'Tannhauser Gate'. She insists that she isn't lost, however, because she's always right where she needs to be.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
6 months 1 week ago #67559 by Schol-R-LEA
I'll answer one of my outstanding items RSN, but for now I have a new one: a large suit of full-plate armor which appears to be enameled in black, with yellow highlights. Attached to the back is a pole carrying a white flag. The owner will want this back eventually, but for now he's earned that respite he said he'd never had before.

More
6 months 1 week ago #67561 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

Schol-R-LEA wrote: I'll answer one of my outstanding items RSN, but for now I have a new one: a large suit of full-plate armor which appears to be enameled in black, with yellow highlights. Attached to the back is a pole carrying a white flag. The owner will want this back eventually, but for now he's earned that respite he said he'd never had before.

Is this the armour worn by Brave Sir Robin? :D

Measure Twice

More
6 months 1 week ago #67562 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: Things Found in the Whateley Lost and Found

Mister D wrote:

Schol-R-LEA wrote: I'll answer one of my outstanding items RSN, but for now I have a new one: a large suit of full-plate armor which appears to be enameled in black, with yellow highlights. Attached to the back is a pole carrying a white flag. The owner will want this back eventually, but for now he's earned that respite he said he'd never had before.

Is this the armour worn by Brave Sir Robin? :D

If it was, the steel trousers would be rusted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA, Mister D

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds