A sequel too far

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #41786 by E!
E! replied the topic: A sequel too far

Schol-R-LEA wrote: \
OTOH, if you wanted to have a disaster movie... well, those first three will do, if you get M. Night Shyamalan or Uwe Boll for director... no, wait, I hear someone was insane enough to be talking about letting Michael Cimino get behind a camera again! He'd be perfect! Give him a budget of $1.25 billion!

But Uwe Boll already did a disaster movie, it is called Alone in the Dark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #41787 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: A sequel too far
Star Wars 42: A Fatally Greyer Shade of Sparklygoff Muggle IN SPACE!!! by the writing team of by E.L. James, Tara Gilesbie, Byron Hall, Stephanie Meyer, and Nancy Stouffer .

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #41789 by lighttech
lighttech replied the topic: A sequel too far
Spiderman! but is this the new spiderman or the middle new one or the real old one done again? Or maybe a version of the TV show cartoons from the 60's or was that 80's ....ohh heck we just want more of your cash version!

Part of the WA Drow clan/ collective
Author of Vantier and Shadowsblade on Bigcloset

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #41791 by OtherEric
OtherEric replied the topic: A sequel too far

Schol-R-LEA wrote: OTOH, if you wanted to have a disaster movie... well, those first three will do, if you get M. Night Shyamalan or Uwe Boll for director... no, wait, I hear someone was insane enough to be talking about letting Michael Cimino get behind a camera again! He'd be perfect! Give him a budget of $1.25 billion!

Cimino passed away last year. Although given his rep I'm not sure that actually hurt his chances of getting hired in Hollywood...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #41792 by lighttech
lighttech replied the topic: A sequel too far

OtherEric wrote:

Schol-R-LEA wrote: OTOH, if you wanted to have a disaster movie... well, those first three will do, if you get M. Night Shyamalan or Uwe Boll for director... no, wait, I hear someone was insane enough to be talking about letting Michael Cimino get behind a camera again! He'd be perfect! Give him a budget of $1.25 billion!

Cimino passed away last year. Although given his rep I'm not sure that actually hurt his chances of getting hired in Hollywood...

Well now being dead makes him EXTREMELY qualified to make Zombie pictures!

Part of the WA Drow clan/ collective
Author of Vantier and Shadowsblade on Bigcloset

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #41813 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: A sequel too far

Ebola wrote: But Uwe Boll already did a disaster movie, it is called Alone in the Dark

I thought he'd directed 32 disaster movies.

Oh, that was that he directed 32 movie disasters.

Don't Drick and Drive.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #41830 by Schol-R-LEA
Which is worse: a director who wastes $125 million on 32 terrible films, or a director who wasted $125 million (in 2015 dollars) on one epic failure of a film?

Mind you, Heaven's Gate as a film apparently isn't terrible, despite the original reviews; it just isn't great to the tune of $40 million dollars in 1980 money, and it hit a sour chord with the post-Star Wars Hollywood as well. It was a $2 million 1974 movie released on the eve of Ronald Reagan's election; no matter how good it was, it was going to be slammed for the sheer waste of money alone, and for being counter to the way the country was rejecting everything it had embraced for the previous ten years - and just as heedless of the consequences of swinging too far to the right as it had been of swinging far to the left.

Reportedly, the cinematography was brilliant. The sound editing, however, was apparently abysmal in the theatrical release, as nearly everyone commented on how little of the dialogue could actually be heard over the background sounds and foley in places - Cimino though that perfect sound reproduction was more important than being able to heard what the actors were saying.

Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #41832 by Esar
Esar replied the topic: A sequel too far

Schol-R-LEA wrote: Which is worse: a director who wastes $125 million on 32 terrible films, or a director who wasted $125 million (in 2015 dollars) on one epic failure of a film?

If I remember correctly in the case of Uwe Boll, most of his movies (so not the last few ones) were financed mostly thanks to a taxe niche/loophole in the german taxe code.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Esar.

More
3 years 1 week ago #41833 by Schol-R-LEA
Fair point, I recall that part now that you mention it. He apparently stated outright that this was the case in the House of the Dead DVD commentary, according to Wicked-Pedo . It also states that the loophole was closed in 2006, which entirely coincidentally was when his films are said to have started showing a marked improvement (though were still shit by most accounts - I dunno, I never saw any of them).

More
3 years 1 week ago #41854 by mittfh
mittfh replied the topic: A sequel too far
Not so much a sequel, but...

Fantastic Four

How many attempts have there been so far to create a film out of the quartet?! No doubt there'll be more attempts in the years to come - as will come more reboots of Spidey if the current MCU incarnation flops, while over the fence, possibly even more bats?

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds