A sequel too far

More
3 years 1 week ago #41855 by Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus replied the topic: A sequel too far
I think that Sherlock Holmes still holds the record for "portrayed by the most different actors."

Actually, I suddenly want to see a few actresses added to the list. Anyone up for Shirley Holmes?

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #41856 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: A sequel too far
Hmmm. It's possible that some real historical figure, like Adolf Hitler, beats Holmes. I mean, consider how many WWII movies are there, not to mention parodies, TV series, time travel movies etc. -- he even appears in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. If even a small percentage of them has used an actual actor to play Hitler (as opposed to just stock documentary footage), that's a ridiculous number of actors.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
3 years 1 week ago #41857 by OtherEric
OtherEric replied the topic: A sequel too far
You may be right, Sir Lee. Although Holmes would have a notable head start, having appeared in film as early as 1900.

More
3 years 1 week ago #41859 by Arcanist Lupus
Well, I went digging and I found this article.

The summary version:
Based on IMDB in 2013, the most portrayed characters are:
10. Hamlet
9. Sherlock Holmes
8. Abraham Lincoln
7. Dracula
6. Hitler
5. Napoleon
4. God
3. Jesus
2. Santa Claus
1. The Devil

And apparently Holmes has a Guinness World Record for the "Most Portrayed Literary Human Character," which says a lot about how Guinness records work if you think about it.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 years 1 week ago #41862 by OtherEric
OtherEric replied the topic: A sequel too far

Arcanist Lupus wrote: And apparently Holmes has a Guinness World Record for the "Most Portrayed Literary Human Character," which says a lot about how Guinness records work if you think about it.

I gave up on Guinness records being meaningful a few years ago when there was that argument over SF TV show with most episodes.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #41863 by Arcanist Lupus
Actually, I participated in setting a Guinness record just last weekend, for "largest square dance." That one was particularly sad, because the national conventions (well, all of square dancing, really) have been going rapidly downhill. A few decades ago they were attracting 30,000+ people, and this year we had less than 3,500.

But those events weren't recorded by Guinness, so they don't count towards the record.

Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Arcanist Lupus.

More
3 years 1 week ago #41872 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: A sequel too far
Indianapolis Jones 500 and the Great Race.

Don't Drick and Drive.

More
3 years 1 week ago #41889 by elrodw
elrodw replied the topic: A sequel too far
I'm surprised nobody has noted the mention of a sequel in the movie Spaceballs - Rocky five ... thousand
And of course there's the movie poster in the magazine shop in the movie Airplane for Rocky 38.

Never give up, Never surrender! Captain Peter Quincy Taggert

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #41898 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: A sequel too far
Escape From Key West - an octogenarian Snake Plissken tries to recover Jimmy Buffet's salt shaker (which contains the keys to a tequila-based superweapon) from a group of militant real estate developers who have turned the south of Florida into an oversized gated community, while struggling with 30 meter long escaped pythons, cranky ex-yuppie senior citizens who still think of themselves as twentysomethings, dangerously desperate housewives, and crippling short-term memory loss.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #42322 by E M Pisek
E M Pisek replied the topic: A sequel too far
Tomb Raiders: Lara Crofts Thunder Thighs Liposuction
Resident Evil 17: Clone of the clones of the clones.
Space 1999: How the moon came back in 2001 A space oddity
Santa Conquers the Martians (2): Martians threatened Earth for not taking back Santa.
Titanic: Raising Jack on bottle at a time (A Musical)
Harry Potter and the Wheeled Walker: How Harry Caned Ron
Plan 9 from outer space: A presidential decree

What is - was. What was - is.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by E M Pisek.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds