A sequel too far

More
2 years 9 months ago #47015 by MadTechOne
MadTechOne replied the topic: A sequel too far
Actually Top Gun 2 and the mission impossible 6 ( or hat ever number it is) are both delayed since Cruise was injured while filming doing his own stunts still.

So Top Gun 2 is on Hiatus since it has not even filmed yet.
And The Mission Impossible Movie is on extended delay since they can not film without cruise and when he will be healed and recouped enough for the insurance company the other actors will be doing other movie commitments, so it is delayed until every ones schedules line up for it.

Personally I think Hollywood ran out of original ideas years ago and well the studios have been milking every thing they have just to keep up profits.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #47016 by E M Pisek
E M Pisek replied the topic: A sequel too far

MadTechOne wrote: Personally I think Hollywood ran out of original ideas years ago and well the studios have been milking every thing they have just to keep up profits.

It's not that they've run out of ideas, they play it safe in staying with what they think will draw in audiences. Then when an unexpected hit comes along they will jump on it by dressing it up another way.

Personally I think people are getting tired of some of the current offerings as they look beyond the actors who are supposed to have drawing power. Hit's that shouldn't be are ones as with ones that should be fail. It's confusing the industry in some ways. I think its just consumer burnout.

What is - was. What was - is.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by E M Pisek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
2 years 9 months ago #47046 by MadTechOne
MadTechOne replied the topic: A sequel too far

E M Pisek wrote:

MadTechOne wrote: Personally I think Hollywood ran out of original ideas years ago and well the studios have been milking every thing they have just to keep up profits.

It's not that they've run out of ideas, they play it safe in staying with what they think will draw in audiences. Then when an unexpected hit comes along they will jump on it by dressing it up another way.

Personally I think people are getting tired of some of the current offerings as they look beyond the actors who are supposed to have drawing power. Hit's that shouldn't be are ones as with ones that should be fail. It's confusing the industry in some ways. I think its just consumer burnout.

A great director and cast can only do so much with a Turd, and a Polished Turd is still a Turd.
I have seen the critics and people tear a movie apart that did poorly in theaters, The movies had great directors, big budgets, and a great cast; but they had Achilles Heels every sing one of them. The Achilles heel of every movie are the studios and the movie financiers, they make every movie hold to a formula that has worked before with little room for the directors or cast to to make them shine. And they blame the Critics, Piracy, Rotten Tomato, etc... when all they need to do is look in a mirror.

Dead Pool was sabotaged in production by removing money from its budget because the studio changed it's mind on an R rated Super hero movie. It had a shoe string budget to begin with but the director and cast cracked open that turd, and it was not a turd it was a rock with a big old gem inside. I really wonder if we will see really good movies again in my lifetime.

More
2 years 9 months ago #47061 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: A sequel too far
Godzilla vs. Greenpeace. Take away all that delicious nuclear waste, will you? GRRRRRRRRRRR!

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
2 years 9 months ago #47079 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: A sequel too far
That implies they had some to begin with.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 5 months ago #62314 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: A sequel too far
To resurrect this topic, how many of you think that the supposed 'final' film of the MCU (which I think they said one would be) actually will be?

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!

More
1 year 5 months ago #62317 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: A sequel too far

Schol-R-LEA wrote: To resurrect this topic, how many of you think that the supposed 'final' film of the MCU (which I think they said one would be) actually will be?

I think they've got Phase 3 set in stone (or at least post-production), but Spider-Man: Far From Home might be the last for a couple of years.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds