You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...

More
2 years 9 months ago #47186 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...
you've read most of (or all) of the canon work and a good portion of the fan-fic as well and you start making your own, only to realize how poorly you do at writing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: marie7342231, Esar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #47189 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...

Malady wrote: You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...

When you name your son Ayla Jade.

When you decide to take up Parkour even though you are 5'4" and weigh 250 lbs.

When you wake up every morning and silently ask if anyone is there your head with you.

When you stare at you kitchen appliances to see if you are inspired to combine them.

When you wonder if the President has Diedrick's.

Don't Drick and Drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marie7342231

More
2 years 9 months ago #47218 by MadTechOne
MadTechOne replied the topic: You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...
When you see a pictures from a fashion show and wonder if Jericho is infecting the world with his bad taste.

When someone says a wise crack too you and you ponder how would The Fabulous Imp respond...

When you Wish life was just a fraction as interesting as the world of Whateley!

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #47223 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...

Valentine wrote: When you wonder if the President has Diedrick's.

When you wonder if the President was created by someone with Dindriks.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by NJM1564.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
2 years 9 months ago #47224 by E M Pisek
E M Pisek replied the topic: You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...

Anne wrote: you've read most of (or all) of the canon work and a good portion of the fan-fic as well and you start making your own, only to realize how poorly you do at writing!

And then trashing it refusing to try and submit it for ridicule.

What is - was. What was - is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esar

More
2 years 9 months ago #47232 by Anne
I, at least, am not so thin-skinned as not to submit my horrid writing. Either that or I'm utterly arrogant and think that it is worthy of being seen even when I probably should trash it!

More
2 years 9 months ago #47234 by E M Pisek
E M Pisek replied the topic: You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...
Not so much thin skinned as appalled as to not like the dribble that comes from ones fingers as they try to present oneself as being competent in its abilities and finding themselves lacking.

More
2 years 9 months ago #47236 by Anne
Oh I'm very guilty of creating drivel, and even posting it. Long ago (I'm not sure when since I've got close to 40 years of long ago to go over...) someone told me to save even scraps that I thought were worthless. At the time I think I'd jotted a bit of blank verse on a highschool desktop with a pencil. The teacher If I recall correctly said to use a pen and transfer it to paper. Then she made me complete the task I'd started of removing the penciled verse from the desktop. I have lost lots of bits and pieces because my life is at best chaotic, but from that time to this, I've never deliberately destroyed another bit of my writing. I strongly suggest you do the same. Some may look utterly childish in a year or two, others will show you a new way to proceed later or show you a direction you shouldn't go, or map a bit of area that you know holds the Swamp of Despond....

More
2 years 9 months ago #47237 by E M Pisek
There is drivel that is utter nonsense when compared to the spittle that comes out of ones mouth. One is coherent as its in formed into some working state whereas the utter lack of cohesion one leaks from the corners of ones mouth fails to give rise to what one is trying to say even if collected, thus it sloshes around only to be discarded as utter uselessness.

More
2 years 9 months ago #47238 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: You know you've been reading too much Whateley, when...
Just dump the ideas to the bad idea thread. That's what I do. :D

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds