Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67835 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)

Mister D wrote: "You made it out of what!?"

Beep-Beep-Beep. <Cellphone diaiing tones>

"Hello, is that the Workshop Waste Disposal Team? We may have a slight problem..."

And yes, this is based on real events...

Yes, it did happen more than once. :facepalm:

Years ago, my office contracted for a two-day course taught by my graduate advisor.

"It was something like, I don't know, ten years and the entire department being moved to another building before we found a company that would even think of taking that jug of waste materials left over from your thesis."

That was awkward.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67836 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)

null0trooper wrote:

"Hello, is that the Workshop Waste Disposal Team? We may have a slight problem..."

Years ago, my office contracted for a two-day course taught by my graduate advisor.

"It was something like, I don't know, ten years and the entire department being moved to another building before we found a company that would even think of taking that jug of waste materials left over from your thesis."

That was awkward.

What did you do that made waste that was still safe to keep around for 10 years??

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67837 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)

Malady wrote: What did you do that made waste that was still safe to keep around for 10 years??

It wasn't corrosive, so a polyethylene jug was good enough to hold the contents.
It was, however, contaminated with mercury salts, arsenic, and some other things you wouldn't want to consume.

Discussion Thread

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67838 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)
'Y'know, when I first came to Whateley, I thought that I was gonna be a superhero and save the world. I'm only a Junior, and already I wondering how to wrangle being able to lift 5 tons into a Management Degree."

"Yes, I know what you're thinking- I just don't WANT to know what you're thinking."

"Y'know, after dating three Exemplar chicks, I'm starting to see the advantages of dating a GSD girl."

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67839 by Morpheus
Morpheus replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)
But where is the Earth shattering kaboom?

The waking world is but a dream.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67840 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)

Morpheus wrote: But where is the Earth shattering kaboom?

That makes me so ANGRY!

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67842 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)

Bek D Corbin wrote: "Y'know, after dating three Exemplar chicks, I'm starting to see the advantages of dating a GSD girl."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67845 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)

null0trooper wrote:

That was awkward.

Another example i came across on Twitter,

https://twitter.com/adrianbowyer/status/1218643183153885185

As well as some of the other stories in that thread... :facepalm:

Measure Twice

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67847 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Things overheard at Whateley (with or without context)
There was a blog... let me find it... Oh, here it is: blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/

More specifically, these entries: blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/search/Things+I+Wont+Work+With

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #67849 by null0trooper
"What do you mean by 'It just won't dissolve'?"

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds