Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #66862 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...
I'll place a bet on a bit of a dark horse, since everybody seems to have forgotten about him:
One pão de queijo on Malagua giving us the next part of "Goldfish in the Ocean."

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• CrazyMinh
  • Master
  • Master
  • ...On the Bounce, Troopers!!!
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #66864 by CrazyMinh
CrazyMinh replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...

Is it me, or have we suddenly gone from having at least something every week- regardless of whether it was a canon story or a filler story- to having no stories at all? I mean, there hasn't even been an update since the one posted nearly four weeks ago. This last month has been quite the literary dry spell, hasn't it? Surprisingly, it's coinciding with one of the longest and worst drought seasons we've had in the last couple of years here in Oz.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's even stories in the first place. I get that the wonderful authors are trying to deal with real life and with writing quality literature. But seriously, does no one- not even Morpheus with his library's worth of fiction posted elsewhere on the net- have something they could repost here or something? Or even an update on the dry spell? Whatever the situation, I'm hopeful that we'll have some more content sometime soon. And that this won't continue indefinitely. Because that would be really annoying, having spent so much time interacting with everyone here. For everything to just end prematurely and so anticlimactically would be a massive shame.

In the mean time, my (potentially) long-term bet for the next story is on another 2nd Gen story, since we've been getting a lot of those recently. Maybe another one from Wassamon?

You can find my stories at Fanfiction.net here .

You can also check out my fanfiction guest riffs at Library of the Dammed

• CrazyMinh
  • Master
  • Master
  • ...On the Bounce, Troopers!!!
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #66865 by CrazyMinh
CrazyMinh replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...
Wow. I only put in one line of '...''s. That's really weird.

You can find my stories at Fanfiction.net here .

You can also check out my fanfiction guest riffs at Library of the Dammed

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #66875 by Court
Court replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...
Erisian has the next three parts (3-5) of Call of the Light posted on Big Closet, so I don't know why they can't appear here.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #66877 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...

Court wrote: Erisian has the next three parts (3-5) of Call of the Light posted on Big Closet, so I don't know why they can't appear here.

IIRC, Erisian likes to review her (their?) work at least once more before posting. Also, the online editors for WhatIF posting have their quirks, so rushing to repost isn't likely to be fun.

Edit: I fully intend to binge-read "Call of Light" once it's all up.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by null0trooper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #66879 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...
I'm sad to say that it seems I was right... No story or part of a story this week...

More
1 week 4 days ago #66910 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...
I'm going to guess Elrod will come through with something related to Laura. I put up Oreo cookies.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

More
1 week 4 days ago #66914 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...
While i have my preferred stories, that i would like to read how they come out, i'll be happy with whatever is ready, even if there's no release this week. :D

Offering more smores from last week's bonfires, and the weekend's BBQ's. :D

Measure Twice

More
1 week 3 days ago #66918 by elrodw
elrodw replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...
We will be the first to admit that stories have been slow. However, we will have some exciting news coming very soon, and I think all of our fans will be quite happy. My schedule for November is quite packed - I'm a few days behind, but a story is rapidly getting to the point it can go to the editor and then get in the queue, and I hope to complete at least 2 more in November. And then there's our unspoken good news.

As much as you don't like not having a new story, trust us when we say we don't like not having a new story either. We're trying to rectify that situation. (And anyone who makes a crack about just needing a handful of diodes should go flog him/her self...)

Never give up, Never surrender! Captain Peter Quincy Taggert
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Mister D, Anne

More
1 week 2 days ago #66944 by marie7342231
marie7342231 replied the topic: Foodie Bookies: A Crystal Hall tradition...
We are grownups. We can be patient. Hang in there, authors. Life is balance and we are grateful for all of your gifts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds