Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22292 by Nagrij
Nagrij created the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
Normally I'm more on the ball with things like this. Sorry, net has been spotty lately, and has me distracted.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22294 by FiddlerFox
FiddlerFox replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
I will be honest, I did not expect to enjoy this. I was wrong :) It is light, easy to read, and yet filled with a good amount of potential. It's more amusing for people with an RPG history or bent I think due to some of the sort of assumptions that go with it. I actually would rather have seen MORE people affected by a racial or gendered change than just one. Just one change of the protagonist almost seems a little more odd. I do admit there's still a lot of stuff that could be answered down the road with the weight of the mighty (TBC). There were some changes in terms of peoples age, physique, or rough n touble appearence but most everyone save one person changed. What then, was different about the one person so much? Why were there not other token elves or dwarves in the area? Questions questions...

But it's definitely an enjoyable read :)

"Uh-oh." "Don't tell me - we're about to go over a huge waterfall." "Yup." "Sharp rocks at the bottom?" "Most likely." "Bring it on."

BBOOOOOOOOYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 years 10 months ago #22296 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

FiddlerFox wrote: I will be honest, I did not expect to enjoy this. I was wrong :) It is light, easy to read, and yet filled with a good amount of potential. It's more amusing for people with an RPG history or bent I think due to some of the sort of assumptions that go with it. I actually would rather have seen MORE people affected by a racial or gendered change than just one. Just one change of the protagonist almost seems a little more odd. I do admit there's still a lot of stuff that could be answered down the road with the weight of the mighty (TBC). There were some changes in terms of peoples age, physique, or rough n touble appearence but most everyone save one person changed. What then, was different about the one person so much? Why were there not other token elves or dwarves in the area? Questions questions...

But it's definitely an enjoyable read :)

Oh you'll definitely see more of the changed. The issue isn't the change itself, but numbers. In most fantasy settings, Elves are rare compared to humans; in small human backwaters do you expect to see more than one?

And I tried pretty hard to keep this tale as one someone without an rpg or tabletop gaming background can understand and laugh along all the rest of us with, but there is probably always going to be that element of inside joke that I can't bridge for everyone. Such is life with a piece like this.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. There will be more soon-ish. Just need to edit the crap out of it first. I'm trying to run a fine line between not flooding our makeshift editing department and just dumping on everyone.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #22297 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
Oh! Yay! The thread is here!

My Comment from the Article Comments:

Oooh! Total conversion or something! Massively intriguing!

Speculation [ Click to expand ]

[Where is this story going? Are they gonna just stay in the world and not try and reverse the process, in which case the Event is just a way of rapidly generating a new setting? Or try and reverse the process, and then the aftermath of that reversal is... what?

I'm trying to figure out a satisfying conclusion to this... But, then again, I'm assuming that this has more parts instead of it being a one-shot... And apparently there's more parts...

Well, it'd be satisfying if the world they end up with at the end of this adventure is better, or comparable with the world that they left, else it's "You just dumped the world's population into a Crapsack World." Which is depressing?

Nagrij wrote: There will be more

Typos exist... But not really important. [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Malady.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22299 by Nagrij
Whoops, thought I got all those type o's. I'll find it.

Anyway, the setting isn't as easy as all that... you'll see.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 years 10 months ago #22309 by NeoMagus
NeoMagus replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
Gonna echo FiddlerFox here and say that this was indeed more enjoyable than I was expecting. And no, Nagrij, that is not meant to imply that I have low expectations of your writing. ;)

... . . -.- / .--- ..- ... - .. -.-. . .-.-.- / .-.. --- ...- . / -- . .-. -.-. -.-- .-.-.- / .-- .- .-.. -.- / .... ..- -- -... .-.. -.-- / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-. / --. --- -.. .-.-.-

More
3 years 10 months ago #22506 by joreymay
joreymay replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
Other than formatting and typeo correction, how different will the one here from the one in BC/TS?

More
3 years 10 months ago #22507 by Nagrij
Not very, to be fair. Likely not enough that anyone would notice. Sorry if you've already read it there.

I might be working on stuff that won't go up on BCTS, but that's going to take awhile, I'm booked.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

More
3 years 9 months ago #22963 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
Just realized that "Dim Prisons and Drakes" is a synonym for "Dungeons and Dragons"! *facepalm*?

I guess it's the name of the game that the world was transported into... Although, there might be actual Drakes and Dim Prisons eventually??

More
3 years 9 months ago #22979 by Nagrij
The name is an homage to Dungeons and Dragons, yes... and a sort of warning about what to expect. However, that's not the name of the world. We'll get to that. :)

As for drakes and prisons, yes, you'll see both soon.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds