Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

More
3 years 9 months ago #22981 by Phoenix Spiritus
Phoenix Spiritus replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
Mandrakes?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #22997 by bergy
bergy replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

Phoenix Spiritus wrote: Mandrakes?

Sure, but given the genre, they'll soon be womandrakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 years 9 months ago #23218 by konzill
konzill replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
I was suppossed to exercise tonight, but now its too late and it all your falut. Im a tabletop gamer so I really enjoed this one. Having a portal fantasy change the world, rather then just transport a person was a brilliant begining, I wish I'd thought of it :P

More
3 years 9 months ago #23221 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
Thanks. Sort of. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you skip leg day.

Just wait, it'll get even more fun.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.

More
3 years 9 months ago #23222 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

Nagrij wrote: Just wait, it'll get even more fun.

*Wonders if that that's a hint that DPnD is gonna be today's release...*

More
3 years 9 months ago #23238 by konzill
It will be very interesting to see what happens when someone goes up a level. Thew whole instant character advacement thing and all which is such a feature of D&D.

Also a question, do you actually have character sheets for these characters? i do that sometimes when I'm tryin to write a story.

More
3 years 9 months ago #23239 by Malady

konzill wrote: It will be very interesting to see what happens when someone goes up a level.

Do we even know if there's a level system? Or was there some mention of it and I totally blanked out on it?

... No? The only mention of levels is "eye level":

My small hands were around his large collar, pulling me up to his eye level since I couldn't pull him down. "One more word and it's a toad's life for you."

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #23328 by konzill
I was speculating based on the D&D references and my knowledge of D&D. We have clear character classes, and these generally work hand in hand with a level system.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by konzill.

More
3 years 9 months ago #23329 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

konzill wrote: It will be very interesting to see what happens when someone goes up a level. Thew whole instant character advacement thing and all which is such a feature of D&D.

Also a question, do you actually have character sheets for these characters? i do that sometimes when I'm tryin to write a story.

I do not have character sheets. I do have a rough idea of who the characters are, and what they do. For example, even without all the context, if you know the system, then you know that Muse is around level eight at the start of the tale.

Will advancement be clear cut and obvious? No, because the role playing games it's built around are just that; games. Games which need clear advancement and rules to be fun and entertaining.

That having been said, there will be more of such rules and references which sneak their way into the story, they just won't be hard and fast ones.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.

More
3 years 8 months ago #25206 by Malady
Dwarves appear! Kobolds appear! Orcs appear! The mysteries increase! ... Getting hard to differentiate between different people... I'm not focused enough perhaps?

Some dimensional transfer, given they hear sounds from the original world... Or some sort of World End happened to their Earth and then they get transported to this world happened, with them forgetting the inbetween or something?

She really needs to get to reading that book! ... Or chatting with a Deity... ... Will that book have a "Sorry for pulling you into this mess!" From some person??

Dwarves and Elves have builtin enemity... Why? 'Cause Dwarves handle metal, and Elves fear Iron??

This world has history... And we don't get any of it... Important? Or Red Herring?

Is Georgetown important, or red herring?? I think it's important, but Red Herrings are supposed to, after all...

We learn of another elf-thing, Stick! ... How many of them are there??

How long has everyone had, by the end of this part? Less than a week? ... Kobolds work fast...

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds