Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #25207 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

Malady wrote: Dwarves appear! Kobolds appear! Orcs appear! The mysteries increase! ... Getting hard to differentiate between different people... I'm not focused enough perhaps?

Some dimensional transfer, given they hear sounds from the original world... Or some sort of World End happened to their Earth and then they get transported to this world happened, with them forgetting the inbetween or something?

She really needs to get to reading that book! ... Or chatting with a Deity... ... Will that book have a "Sorry for pulling you into this mess!" From some person??

Dwarves and Elves have builtin enemity... Why? 'Cause Dwarves handle metal, and Elves fear Iron??

This world has history... And we don't get any of it... Important? Or Red Herring?

Is Georgetown important, or red herring?? I think it's important, but Red Herrings are supposed to, after all...

We learn of another elf-thing, Stick! ... How many of them are there??

How long has everyone had, by the end of this part? Less than a week? ... Kobolds work fast...

On the book thing, there probably won't be an afterword like that.

Yes, Kobolds work fast, they are fantasy worlds' vermin.

As for the world's history, you're getting as much as the characters do at the time, and that's very important.

Also, as many can no doubt tell you, calling up a deity for answers is risky at best, and the characters aren't really strong enough to pull that off yet in any case, though they are getting there.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Nagrij.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #25209 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
The interactions in the party seem to work well, funny when they're supposed to be, and the sexism is effectively protrayed as irritating? I guess that'll come to a head, if it hasn't already... ... Hmm... Will Lady Muse be the only female in the party still by story's end, or will another one arrive?

I bet Georgetown's thing relates to the Old World sounds... Nice having Lady Muse warn the people and farmers about it. ... Not telling people about the previously human Orcs might come back to bite her... Liking the pacifism. And so, disliking the bloodthirsty pragmatic guy... But makes me think Muse will have at least one kill of a sapient by the end...

... Nice bit with noting to dig the latrine away from the water!

Edit: And I missed that the talk about history is for summary to another character. So we do get everything the characters know. :pinch:
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Malady.

More
3 years 8 months ago #25250 by Ametros
Ametros replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
I was sad to discover no Whateley entry this week, then I started reading this and became less so, until I finished part 2. But then I decided to see if you had any more over at BC, so I'm happy!

...But soon to be sad again. :-p

So obviously I'm enjoying it thus far, although a great deal of mystery remains. I do love those moments where the inner monologue gets repeated as dialogue - keep it up!

Seriously, thank you for your time and effort. It is appreciated.

More
3 years 8 months ago #25260 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.

Ametros wrote: I was sad to discover no Whateley entry this week, then I started reading this and became less so, until I finished part 2. But then I decided to see if you had any more over at BC, so I'm happy!

...But soon to be sad again. :-p

So obviously I'm enjoying it thus far, although a great deal of mystery remains. I do love those moments where the inner monologue gets repeated as dialogue - keep it up!

I appreciate the kind words. Also, the inner monologue thing is something people do. Well, at least, I do it sometimes, and while I can't prove it without telepathy, I'm willing to bet everyone else does too. There is a little flash of recognition between forming words and speaking them, and that's where the monologue lives.

Unless you're a villain. Then it's whenever you have a moment. :P

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #68862 by joreymay
joreymay replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
She stepped right into that one. B)

Of course you can go through all these reports.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #68868 by Erianaiel
Erianaiel replied the topic: Dim Prisons and Drakes discussion.
Interesting to see how everything confirms to stereotype.

Also a good thing that it does. Early mediaeval reality was messy and brutal, even if you throw in the possibility of magic. Not to mention that the (lack of) technology could support only a percentage of today's population. A city like New York would need to shed 90% of its population somehow and still be among the largest in the world. And require an empire the size of half a continent to support it.

I am glad the story is set in Ohio. That region is relatively empty. This same event seen from the east coast should be nightmarish.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds