Through the Eyes of a Sith

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
1 year 3 days ago #65273 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

A Tale of the Star Wars: Through The Eyes Of a Sith comments
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: E. E. Nalley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 days ago #65279 by marie7342231
marie7342231 replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
Wow, real punch to the gut. Nyeomi Taking a left turn and the loss of Darth Marr. A shame we never got to see his face. Perhaps that’s in honor of KOTOR. I haven’t gotten into it yet.

Anyway a great chapter, especially the presence of Vannacen to caress her apprentice as the attack was imminent. It will all read differently on the second pass.

Again, EE, thank you. What a gift. Can’t wait for the next chapter.

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
1 year 1 day ago #65280 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith

marie7342231 wrote: Wow, real punch to the gut. Nyeomi Taking a left turn and the loss of Darth Marr. A shame we never got to see his face. Perhaps that’s in honor of KOTOR. I haven’t gotten into it yet.

Darth Marr has always been something of a mystery. It is rumored that he took his mask off once to express his supreme disapproval of a subordinate, who, after the interview, went home, put his affairs in order and killed himself.

He's always been one of my favorite Sith because he isn't the usual power mad maniacal 'bad guy', and while his IS ruthless, he shows that Sith can and do have admirable qualities. He is completely loyal to the Sith Empire and its people, he overlooks failure of best effort in his own troops and in so doing, engenders a tremendous loyalty in his own followers. He is true to his word and completely honorable to his own code. He is a master class in how to write a compelling villain, in that he is a hero to his own men and side.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, marie7342231, null0trooper

More
1 year 22 hours ago #65298 by marie7342231
::powers up Steam:: I have purchased the old Star Wars bundle for PC but haven't tried any of them except for Tie Fighter. Should I go straight to KOTOR II or give I a try? I have very little free time and I get the look of annoyance from my wife anytime I'm gaming and spending time with the 3 kids.

Thanks!

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
1 year 22 hours ago #65299 by E. E. Nalley
Well, if you really want to see how this period is shaped and sounds like, I recommend Star Wars: The Old Republic which is, for the most part, free to play. There are eight classes: Four Imperial, four Republic and each gives a unique perspective on the galaxy and the politics. The Classes are:
Republic                             Sith Empire
=========================================
Trooper                               Imperial Agent
Smuggler                            Bounty Hunter
Jedi Knight                         Sith Warrior
Jedi Councilor                     Sith Inquisitor

There's something like 80 to a hundred hours of game play IN EACH CLASS, depending on how fast you go. Then there are a number of free expansions, Galactic Starfighter which is basically this era's Tie Fighter, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, an additional expansion with two new planets, The Shadow of Revan another expansion with the addition of Yavin 4, Knights of the Fallen Empire another expansion with two new worlds, then Knights of the Eternal Throne. KOFE and KOET are both massive expansions adding about ten to twenty hours each of game play. The others also add, but are significantly smaller, usually with only a single planet and three to five hours of new story. YMMV

You don't have to play KOTOR one or two to play SWTOR, but there are some nods you might miss otherwise. The games are excellent at being self contained and not needing external material. The newest expansion Jedi Onslaught will be out this September. One of the beauties of the game is, if you pay, there are a number of perks, but even if you only buy 1 month, every content available for that month is unlocked for you and remains unlocked even if you return to free to play.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marie7342231

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #65310 by marie7342231
Thank you. Too bad it's not avail on Mac. Looking into the options now...

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #65338 by E. E. Nalley
Part 2 of Darth Nyeomi's latest adventure is now up for your reading enjoyment!

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #65339 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

A Tale of the Star Wars: Through The Eyes Of A Sith part 2 comments

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #65340 by E. E. Nalley

Dreamer wrote: Darn, I can't figure out which of his song she would be humming. A private suite and dang is it extremely nice. And darn it, why did Zakuul have to get essentially taken over by a power-mad emperor, would be a great place for a vacation otherwise.

Oh, I can shed some light there, Dreamer!

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #65341 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith

Dreamer wrote: Lana goes to get Bree, while the Alderaan Princess is finally underway. Bantha Piss, bwahahaha, that name for an alcoholic drink still gets me. And the Force trick for extra energy plus beer equals Nyeomi finally drifting off to sleep. I hope things keep getting better for them, especially after Nyeomi lost 10 years with her husband and children.

I can picture Part 3 opening with "Da-ad! Mom's passed out again!"

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds