Through the Eyes of a Sith

More
3 months 1 day ago #65341 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith

Dreamer wrote: Lana goes to get Bree, while the Alderaan Princess is finally underway. Bantha Piss, bwahahaha, that name for an alcoholic drink still gets me. And the Force trick for extra energy plus beer equals Nyeomi finally drifting off to sleep. I hope things keep getting better for them, especially after Nyeomi lost 10 years with her husband and children.

I can picture Part 3 opening with "Da-ad! Mom's passed out again!"

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Metro 2.4: Running With A Devil / Discussion Thread
Meetings By Pale Moonlight
The following user(s) said Thank You: E. E. Nalley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 day ago - 3 months 1 day ago #65344 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
SWTOR may not be available on Mac, but it should run on a fairly outdated PC or even PC laptop... its not hugely intensive on system requirements... especially if you don't get involved in any large scale battles. The standalone KOTOR and KOTOR2 are old enough that you can probably find an emulator that lets you run PC software on your Mac that can handle them.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 day ago by Kristin Darken.

More
3 months 9 hours ago #65345 by marie7342231
marie7342231 replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
EE your writing emotes every time and I cannot but ride the waves along with Nyeomi. Thank you for the second installment. The cliffhangers are killing me hahaha

More
3 months 8 hours ago #65346 by cprime
cprime replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
If you happen to use Steam, KOTOR is available for both Mac and Windows, and KOTOR2 is also available on Linux. (Sadly, GoG only supports both games on Windows).

Back on the topic of the story itself, I theorize that the entity behind the Eternal Empire's space fleet is none other than the Void. By definition, the Void is an eternal entity. What if Nyeomi delivered Vitiate such a setback in 'The Good Sith Triumphant' that he felt his only option was to go to the Void for support and made a deal with the proverbial devil? While he provided a biological front to the Eternal Empire, the Void would provide the muscle to back it up. For a price.

The Void has demonstrated a distributed cognitive function that is immune to normal intercepts, similar to the Eternal Empire's space fleet. In addition, it has a significant manufacturing base that it could use to build a flotilla of the size demonstrated in part 2. This could also explain the odd decision for the Skytroopers to be brains in a jar that carry weapons. Suppose that the core of the Void was programmed with what we know as the 3 laws of robotics. As such, it wouldn't be able to directly target a sentient life form directly. However, it could sidestep this limitation by using conventional weapon systems to target anything from a motorized vehicle to a metropolis. It could also utilize a creative interpretation of the laws of robotics to justify the construction of the Skytroopers, and then direct the brains to carry out their bidding in ground combat situations.

One other interesting observation I have is that the crime on Nyeomi's carbonite slab was 'Murderer' rather than 'Traitor'. Normally, murder is considered to be a lesser crime than treason. The fact that a lesser crime was the marker on her slab suggests that Arcann may not have considered her actions to be opposed to his goals for the eternal empire.

Is your muse looking for inspiration? Send them to Parkerville! Welcome to Parkerville is the latest edition in my series of writing prompts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: E. E. Nalley, marie7342231

More
3 months 4 hours ago #65347 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith

cprime wrote: One other interesting observation I have is that the crime on Nyeomi's carbonite slab was 'Murderer' rather than 'Traitor'. Normally, murder is considered to be a lesser crime than treason. The fact that a lesser crime was the marker on her slab suggests that Arcann may not have considered her actions to be opposed to his goals for the eternal empire.

If Arcann had survived, Nyeomi might have been a hero.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Metro 2.4: Running With A Devil / Discussion Thread
Meetings By Pale Moonlight

• E. E. Nalley
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
2 months 1 week ago #65689 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
Part Three is now up for your reading enjoyment!

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
2 months 1 week ago #65690 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

A Tale of the Star Wars: Through The Eyes Of A Sith part 3 comments
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: E. E. Nalley, null0trooper

More
2 months 1 week ago #65726 by marie7342231
marie7342231 replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith
OK where and when can I see this story in animation or live action. It's just too good not to be brought to life. Maybe a graphic novel?

EE, you have brought me fully into the worry of a mother and the anger of a sith. So good and I can imagine it so vividly.

Thank you again. I cannot wait for the next story!

• E. E. Nalley
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #65729 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: Through the Eyes of a Sith

marie7342231 wrote: OK where and when can I see this story in animation or live action. It's just too good not to be brought to life. Maybe a graphic novel?

EE, you have brought me fully into the worry of a mother and the anger of a sith. So good and I can imagine it so vividly.

Thank you again. I cannot wait for the next story!

Well, I don't want to put the Bantha ahead of the repulsor cart, but, here is my brother Steve's work in progress take on the Aces and Eights. Why do I need a Maya model of the Aces and Eights? Well, I hope you'll see...

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by E. E. Nalley. Reason: Better code
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Wavehead, marie7342231, null0trooper

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds