× Information in these threads may still be relevant but aren't critical for everyone to read if they are just logging in for the first time. Anything temporarily posted in news/announcements that is policy oriented will be added to the official policy pages before being placed here.

Some additional 'less critical' staff announcements may be posted here. Things like contact info and the like...

News and request for prayers

• E. E. Nalley
  • E. E. Nalley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
3 years 9 months ago #22984 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: Plea for help
It's not fair.

I should be just getting out of surgery. I did my part, I reported at 530 this morning. Where the nurses remarked about how swollen my hands and feet were. Which I replied yes I know I was concerned myself, so I call the surgeons nurse last week to make her aware, and she didn't seem concerned.

Evidently she was so unconcerned she didn't tell the surgeon. Who now won't operate because my hands and feet are swollen.

*Beats head against wall*

What do I have to do to get this fixed? Now I'm back to the regular doctor to fix the hands and feet.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #22992 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Plea for help
Damn E.E. :(

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #23031 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: Plea for help
Sorry, I posted something and then remembered that this was an open thread
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Bek D Corbin.

More
3 years 9 months ago #23574 by NeoMagus
NeoMagus replied the topic: News and request for prayers
Well, I can't say I ever expected to be using this thread like this, because asking for any kind of help is tough for me, but in this case it's a bit different.

I just found out that a long-time friend from my high school days is in a custody battle for her son. The biological father was abusive to her during the pregnancy and she's been separated from the guy for years, but apparently all of a sudden he's pushing for custody, while my friend doesn't want him to have anything more than supervised visitation. I don't know all the details, but I do trust this friend with my life, so when I saw that she started a GoFundMe to help pay for a lawyer (her exe apparently has a very pushy lawyer being paid for by his own father), I decided I had to at least help spread the word.

If any of you reading this feel moved to help, here's the link: www.gofundme.com/2sunm278
Anything you can give would be tremendously appreciated, both by her and by me. If you're reading this and are unable to help this way, then I would ask that you at least share the link where you can, and keep her situation in your prayers.

... . . -.- / .--- ..- ... - .. -.-. . .-.-.- / .-.. --- ...- . / -- . .-. -.-. -.-- .-.-.- / .-- .- .-.. -.- / .... ..- -- -... .-.. -.-- / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-. / --. --- -.. .-.-.-

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
3 years 7 months ago #25924 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: News and request for prayers
So I spent last night in the ER. Again. And now I have pneumonia. Again. I still haven't had my damn surgery and now I can't until I am well again!

Can we be done with 2016?! What a year of suck!

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

More
3 years 7 months ago #25953 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: News and request for prayers
I spent most of the past ten days trying to join you there, E.E. thought I had a little cold... hah... that 'little' cold kicked my butt!

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
3 years 7 months ago #25960 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: News and request for prayers
Thanks Kirsten, at least it's not all bad news. Just got the results from the lab tests back on the website and there is actually quite a bit of good news! First the results of my NT-Pro Bnp test which basically monitor your risk factors for having had or in the future having a heart attack.

The excepted range for my age group is 0 - 450 pg/mL and my results were 61 pg/mL so really good. The other is the diuretic that I've been on seems to be working as not only is the swelling going down in my hands and feet but in other places. Previous chest x-rays had found Widened mediastinum and Heart is enlarged. However, Thanksgiving's x-rays return Heart size is top normal. So unlike the Grinch, my heart getting smaller is a good thing!

:evil:

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds