× This section is for feedback and discussion about in progress Fabrication Lab works (before the story is 'published' to the site, at which point use the commenting system or the Evaluation section for formal reviews).

If a author is open to discussion/feedback on their story, they will create a thread for it to take place in... if no thread exists, it means the author prefers to work without feedback at this time. Authors may also make a post and just ask that any feedback be sent via PM instead of public posting.

Posting rules: Only authors and staff may create threads but all registered members can post replies.

Twinkle twinkle little Starlight! Feedback

• Greatdingo
  • Greatdingo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
More
1 year 5 months ago #54581 by Greatdingo
Greatdingo replied the topic: Twinkle twinkle little Starlight! Feedback
I've been working on this on and off for the last couple of months. I gotta say, it's not easy. There's particularly one scene, which I'm currently working on, that's tough to write. Mainly because, how do you react to that specific thing that just happened and so on?

I know there's this idea that when you're stuck on one part, you should just pick up another part and continue there, but that's not how the dingo brain works. Not at all! No, it gets stubborn. And angry. And then it gets very uncooperative. It's unnerving to have your own brain turn traitor on you.

Yet here we are. But it's cool, it's cool. I'll figure it out somehow. Maybe I'll just write something totally generic and fool my brain with that and then return to it later when we've reached an accord.

Another problem is, I have this plan, which is important to have. But I keep revising parts of it. For instance, the part giving me problems now is something that takes place in the more immediate aftermath of the story's beginning, at ARC. But I'd previously decided I was going to use those couple of months as inserts later in the story. I mean, I suppose I could still do both, but that just seems like overdoing it.

Anyway, /endrant and back to the writing trenches with the dingo!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Greatdingo
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
More
1 year 2 months ago #56873 by Greatdingo
It's funny how outside influences can turn you from barely productive to not productive at all. But right now, and the for the last couple of months, the stress of my impending homelessness has been a bit taxing on my ability to produce anything.

I'm writing again now, but it's mostly because I'm really just resigned to accept that whatever will happen, will happen.

Oh well. At least I got a sweet lil' laptop for my birthday.

• Greatdingo
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
More
1 year 2 months ago #56880 by Greatdingo
Okay, first real day at school for Starlight.

I've "borrowed" a few cameos from a couple of characters, nothing earth shattering, just standard "background character" shenanigans.

I wasn't sure if Langley Paulson was even at Whateley in 1997, but he can easily be replaced with another name and I figure it's not that big a deal regardless.

I've got more, but I'm not ready to post that yet. I suppose I could insert some stuff I've edited in previous segments, but I'd rather do that when I'm back home with my desktop computer. This new laptop of mine is really great, but my desktop is significantly more user friendly.

Anyway, here's hoping the new post is something to at least moderately enjoy, and as always, please do let me know what works and what doesn't, what's great and what's trash (even if it's all trash).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wavehead

More
1 year 2 months ago #56883 by Wavehead
Wavehead replied the topic: Twinkle twinkle little Starlight! Feedback
Rearly enjoying Starlight and I’m glad you have got some more in the “pipeline” for us :)

More
1 year 2 months ago #56885 by Wavehead
Wavehead replied the topic: Twinkle twinkle little Starlight! Feedback
Rearly enjoying Starlight and I’m glad you have got some more in the “pipeline” for us :)

• Greatdingo
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #66363 by Greatdingo
I made a thing! Not a Twinkle twinkle thing, but a thing. And I figure it's unnecessary to make a whole new thread when I've got a perfectly good one right here.

Anyway, here it is;

Perchance forgiveness

Lemme know what you think, if anything, mkay?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #66364 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Twinkle twinkle little Starlight! Feedback
Space out the lines!

Other than that... Lemme change my Style and then I'll say something else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greatdingo

• Greatdingo
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #66365 by Greatdingo

Malady wrote: Space out the lines!

I dun threw those lines out the airlock!

Er...I spaced 'em.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #66366 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Twinkle twinkle little Starlight! Feedback
Well, I ship.

Nice Repentant One!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greatdingo

• Greatdingo
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #66367 by Greatdingo
Greatdingo replied the topic: Perchance forgiveness
Dunno about shipping, though I guess it is somewhat implied. But it's really just a one off.

It's a think I've been thinking about for a while, regarding Whateley and it's penchant for changelings. A lot of them, who still has their family, will probably have friends at home as well. We know Chaka does. kayda has some if not friends, then at least some who are sympathetic to her situation.
Fey'll have some friends at home as well.

I know the stories aren't about them particularly, but I have been thinking that it's something that has sort of been missing. I mean, sure, people should definitely write what they want to write and not pay attention to the crazy dingo at the bottom of the forum. I just can't help but think that just as the life at the school and the future are important, so is the student's past as well.

And then I thought about how truly mean kids can be to each other. And it must be even worse in WU, with mutation and "magical" genderbending. Some of those mean kids could well grow up to regret their actions from when they where young.

Hence Perchance forgiveness

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds