Full timeline and chronological order

• plutoniumboss
  • plutoniumboss's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #59841 by plutoniumboss
plutoniumboss created the topic: Full timeline and chronological order
At long last, I have put together a first draft of the full canon timeline and chronological order of all currently published stories. It's in OpenOffice spreadsheet format. There are mistakes, things I have gotten wrong, and things I didn't find enough information to nail down. Please tell me if you find anything that needs to be fixed, things I know need to be fixed are noted by question marks. If you do respond to correct an error, please also tell me which story has the information and give me an idea of where it is so I can confirm. Keep in mind that some stories may contradict each other, especially where days of the week are mentioned it seems.

Also as a bit of a pre-emptive 'just in case', should you discover these story contradictions keep in mind the etiquette policy. These things happen occasionally and are not a big deal. whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/the-...olicy-and-ettiquette
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by plutoniumboss. Reason: Attaching updated version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kristin Darken, E. E. Nalley, Mister D, Valentine

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59852 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Full timeline and chronological order
Nice work. :)

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59856 by DanZilla
DanZilla replied the topic: Full timeline and chronological order
That's really cool... Thanks.

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59857 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: Full timeline and chronological order
That was a pile of work! I would suggest on mine I locked the upper row of dates using the Window Freeze command so that it scrolls with the user. Still trying to figure out how to do the same the story title column.

But great job!

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59860 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Full timeline and chronological order
It would be better if you'd saved it in a format that was generally readable, however.
We arent all running open office or office 365

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

• plutoniumboss
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59863 by plutoniumboss
plutoniumboss replied the topic: Full timeline and chronological order
I tried exporting to Excel and it told me that there were too many rows and not all would be saved so I decided not to screw around with it. C'est la vie.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59866 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Full timeline and chronological order

Astrodragon wrote: It would be better if you'd saved it in a format that was generally readable, however.
We arent all running open office or office 365

For spreadsheet-organized data, you're kidding yourself if you think there's a generally readable format for all software. CSV text, and HTML/XML come close, but you can count on losing any non-text formatting.

However, when someone does need a data set transmitted in a different file format they're normally able to name the non-proprietary formats that their software can import.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread

• plutoniumboss
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #66800 by plutoniumboss
Updated version in xls format. Is anyone at all finding this useful? Also, I'm considering adding the WhatIF stories, would that be something anyone wants to see in the future?

File Attachment:

File Name: chronorder.zip
File Size:54 KB
Attachments:

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #66802 by Court
Court replied the topic: Full timeline and chronological order
Yes, this is very useful. Thank you for the work.

If you do do non-canon works, I suggest putting them on a second sheet, to avoid confusion.

• plutoniumboss
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #66807 by plutoniumboss
I was considering putting them on the same sheet, but highlighting their rows in some color.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds