Knock off Wolverine claws

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #66333 by Cryptic
Cryptic created the topic: Knock off Wolverine claws
What level of regen allows the claws to be implanted? I was thinking of having a bonehead freshman get some implanted and the first time they pop them they nearly bleed out.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #66334 by Hebblejebble
Hebblejebble replied the topic: Knock off Wolverine claws
Unless the implant specially accounts for it, regen may be more of a hindrance than a help. You'd need to make pretty specific modifications to the wrist if you wanted multiple blades to slide through it and still have a working hand afterwards. I can imagine that regen healing would be a major obstacle for that.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #66338 by lighttech
lighttech replied the topic: Knock off Wolverine claws
Look into the very OLD school description of wolive's claws

His healing was not a real factor decades ago, as the claws slid out of metal stubs or gates mounted on the back of his hands that had a silicon like seal in them to seal out the outside from inside wrist....no healing needed to pop out or in!

the 'how' they work has changed to the extreme over time

Part of the WA Drow clan/ collective
Author of Vantier and Shadowsblade on Bigcloset
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #66342 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Knock off Wolverine claws
That's because over the years they have retconned "bones replaced with adamantium replicas" with the slightly less absurd "bones coated/bound with adamantium", and also retconned the claws as being part of his mutation, only (again) replaced/reinforced the original bone claws with adamantium.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #66344 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Knock off Wolverine claws
I think I lost track of the revisions around the time the adamantium was stripped from his skeleton (in favor of the edgier bone claws?), which I think was before the X-titles went into mix-and-mismatch teams and unending retcons.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by null0trooper. Reason: Wrong shiny button

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #66349 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Knock off Wolverine claws
Yeah, I remembered the talk Jade got on the Syn D'Rome claws after I posted.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

• CrazyMinh
  • Master
  • Master
  • ...On the Bounce, Troopers!!!
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #66373 by CrazyMinh
CrazyMinh replied the topic: Knock off Wolverine claws

null0trooper wrote: I think I lost track of the revisions around the time the adamantium was stripped from his skeleton (in favor of the edgier bone claws?), which I think was before the X-titles went into mix-and-mismatch teams and unending retcons.

"undending retcons"

You DO know this is Marvel we're talking about, right? They'd retcon their own mothers out of continuity if they could.

You can find my stories at Fanfiction.net here .

You can also check out my fanfiction guest riffs at Library of the Dammed

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #66377 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Knock off Wolverine claws

CrazyMinh wrote:

null0trooper wrote: I think I lost track of the revisions around the time the adamantium was stripped from his skeleton (in favor of the edgier bone claws?), which I think was before the X-titles went into mix-and-mismatch teams and unending retcons.

"undending retcons"

You DO know this is Marvel we're talking about, right? They'd retcon their own mothers out of continuity if they could.

The first comic book I bought was a fifty-cent Uncanny X-Men (#152). My perspective of Marvel probably differs from yours, as it does from others'.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds