School Safety in the WU

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #66413 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: School Safety in the WU

CrazyMinh wrote: In all seriousness; wouldn't students with the ability to cast spells be more concerning?

Probably not. It takes more than a little discipline and work and luck to accumulate Essence without scattering it everywhere, light their wells, AND learn useful spells. Neither essence nor knowledge come cheap and easy for a baseline. Those kids like Jessie Harrow, who come from a family tradition, will already be Apprentices racking up supervised work hours toward their Journeyman Sorceror licensing, not counting having a potentially lucrative career that the losers around them can only dream about.

WIZ-type mutants have a power that helps them accumulate Essence. That power does not inherently come with an operator's manual, nor the Will to hold on to that Essence. If they survive manifesting and lighting up the astral space around them like a fireworks display, someone's more likely than not to drop by to see what's up with them.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Metro 2.4: Running With A Devil / Discussion Thread
Meetings By Pale Moonlight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #66415 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: School Safety in the WU
Yeah. Consider Fey, who is a Wiz-7++++. Even with a bit of training, the most damage Nick managed to do was an explosion of hobgoblins. Somebody with a lower Wiz rating (that is, EVERYBODY) and *no* training at all? Perhaps a couple weak hobgoblins. On a good day.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #66416 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: School Safety in the WU

Sir Lee wrote: Yeah. Consider Fey, who is a Wiz-7++++. Even with a bit of training, the most damage Nick managed to do was an explosion of hobgoblins. Somebody with a lower Wiz rating (that is, EVERYBODY) and *no* training at all? Perhaps a couple weak hobgoblins. On a good day.

After giving themselves a nosebleed with effort
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #66426 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: School Safety in the WU
School Rager drill

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
1 week 5 days ago #66546 by Katssun
Katssun replied the topic: School Safety in the WU

Bek D Corbin wrote:

Sir Lee wrote: Yeah. Consider Fey, who is a Wiz-7++++. Even with a bit of training, the most damage Nick managed to do was an explosion of hobgoblins. Somebody with a lower Wiz rating (that is, EVERYBODY) and *no* training at all? Perhaps a couple weak hobgoblins. On a good day.

After giving themselves a nosebleed with effort

But what about summoning?

A true demon, or even a devil for that matter, would be more than willing to help. Because it knows they would mess it up. How they get Essence? I'm sure it would be willing to help on that front too. Summoning circle? "Looks fiiine, but don't forget to add this bit here!"

The hardest part would be the initial communication link or true name.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds