Sundering's 'blast radius'

More
1 week 6 days ago #67112 by Cryptic
Cryptic created the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'
We know that the Sundering stripped the Essence from Earth and shattered Time like a mirror, but did it effect the other planets of the solar system? Could the asteroid belt have been a world held together by dwarven magic so thy could mine it safely. But when the Sundering came the planet shattered from being over mined and the spell holding it together getting stripped...

Just a random thought I had today.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #67115 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'
Sure, go with it. Write that story.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 week 5 days ago #67116 by Court
Court replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'
The current standard model of the early solar system, the Nice model (named after the French city, not that the model is nice) has significant changes in the gas giant's orbits about 4 billion years ago, causing the Late Heavy Bombardment. Neptune and Uranus may have swapped places, although that seems less likely than not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JulesMorrison

More
1 week 5 days ago #67121 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'
Court, are you really concerned about scientific rigour in a fictional universe with magic elves, mutant superheroes and impossible pseudoscientific devisors?

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 week 5 days ago #67122 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'
And aliens - can't forget them!

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread

More
1 week 5 days ago #67125 by JulesMorrison
JulesMorrison replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'

Sir Lee wrote: Court, are you really concerned about scientific rigour in a fictional universe with magic elves, mutant superheroes and impossible pseudoscientific devisors?

But that's the best bit, when authors can convince their readers that, yes, the elves actually do make sense. I mean, that's pretty much the whole Lovecraft schtick. "Horror, but now with scientific plausibility*!"

(* For early 20th century not too closely examined values of scientific plausibility.)

More
1 week 5 days ago #67127 by Court
Court replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'

Sir Lee wrote: Court, are you really concerned about scientific rigour in a fictional universe with magic elves, mutant superheroes and impossible pseudoscientific devisors?

No, I am thinking that since the planets actually did move, you can say that elves caused the planets to move, and look, they really did move.

More
1 week 5 days ago #67130 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'
I'm thinking that I'll throw it into one of my elseworlds and let the reader speculate if it also applies to the Prime-verse.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

• Kristin Darken
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
More
1 week 4 days ago #67135 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'
I like it. Sounds like a good mid-level plotline for Gen 3... mutant 'powered' space armor (and intraplanatary ships) with asteroid field development and alien invasion... and they get out there and start finding pre-Sundering Age ruins still somewhat intact from being in vacuum in space.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

More
1 week 3 days ago #67152 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Sundering's 'blast radius'
Well, that and humans are unable to fathom the cthonian depths of what a Great Old one even thinks.

Scald-Crow - My Whateley Fiction

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds