Magick Knacks

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68398 by Softdreams
Softdreams replied the topic: Magick Knacks
Thanks, Astrodragon!

+ Spells equals to - Hobgoblings, Grimes has surely thought this one through. No Wiz-7's? Thank God! Are all the basics to Magick covered in Magic Theory/Lab? Or will they try to keep it light-hearted? If so, I believe erebeal magick users must have a hard time catching up.

Regarding the spells, uhm... This is interesting, they mostly cover Light/Water spells, and some basic enchantments. What sort of more difficult spells will be covered in the Fall semester? If you don't mind giving me any examples.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68399 by Softdreams
Honestly, the more I know about in-universe magick; the more confusing/interesting it gets! Open up the portal and sign me up for the Mystic Arts curriculum.

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68400 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Magick Knacks
They are up to mid-October in Magick 101, so the basics have been started on. Lots more to cover before Xmas

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68401 by Softdreams
Sorry, I meant to say Spring semester*.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68403 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: Magick Knacks

Softdreams wrote: Light spells? What does this mean for students like Nacht and Darqueheart? .

Kate: "Well, it's not Fig Newtons, but it'll do." <SLURP!>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68406 by Softdreams
Bek has answered one of my questions...

*TRIES BEST TO CONTAIN THE FANGIRLING*

*refrains from typing a 20 paragraphs essay on why Beltane is the best character ever to be written*

*holds back from pointing out the "Forbes" in my name to show my admiration for her character*

Hi... Kate *voice cracks* and here I thought you couldn't cast a Light spell to save your life! Isn't Light incompatible with your Erebeal essence? *gulps*

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68407 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Magick Knacks

Softdreams wrote: Hi... Kate *voice cracks* and here I thought you couldn't cast a Light spell to save your life! Isn't Light incompatible with your Erebeal essence? *gulps*

A boyish tenor weaves its way through the darkness. "Whoever told you that?"

The pale young man that steps from the shadows adjusts a lavender tie - quite the counterpoint to his suit of undertaker's black, blood red shirt, and its coffin nail cufflinks. He smiles at some obvious joke.

"As Marzena could have told you,were she here, Theia and Erebos are both Powers in their own right, as hopelessly intertwined as Eros and Thanatos."

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68409 by Softdreams
I typed up an entire in-character response, and deleted it off by mistake when hitting the submit button. *sigh* Well, typing it all over again just isn't worth the trouble.

That I'm aware of, and clearer it couldn't be. But, Kate is attuned to the Erebos, I thought Erebeal magick was the only type of magick she could cast/make use of. Once again I've been proved otherwise, I think... (? Have we ever seen her casting/using non-Erebeal magick in any story?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68410 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Magick Knacks

Softdreams wrote: I typed up an entire in-character response, and deleted it off by mistake when hitting the submit button. *sigh* Well, typing it all over again just isn't worth the trouble.

That I'm aware of, and clearer it couldn't be. But, Kate is attuned to the Erebos, I thought Erebeal magick was the only type of magick she could cast/make use of. Once again I've been proved otherwise, I think... (? Have we ever seen her casting/using non-Erebeal magick in any story?

Read "Silent Nacht" for more of the answers. :D

Measure Twice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Softdreams

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #68413 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Magick Knacks

Softdreams wrote: That I'm aware of, and clearer it couldn't be. But, Kate is attuned to the Erebos, I thought Erebeal magick was the only type of magick she could cast/make use of. Once again I've been proved otherwise, I think... (? Have we ever seen her casting/using non-Erebeal magick in any story?

She's a human teenager. Humans aren't inherently restricted to Erebeal magic unless otherwise stated in text. She's still going to go with the minimum effort option and her author is only going to show the story-relevant castings.

Compare her situation with the WhatIF character Metro: necromancy is just another form of human magic, albeit one that's restricted by laws and regulations. You haven't seen him use it in his stories. However:

"Let's just say that Madsy is not supposed to play with the bad books about dead things that don't stay that way."

(There's precisely one supporting character who calls him that, and I've already hinted at who that is.)

As Mister D said, read "Silent Nacht" and wait for Marzena to grab the Idiot Ball before she starts monologuing. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds