Aboriginal history in Whateley-'verse Sum Up?

More
4 years 8 months ago #4924 by Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus replied the topic: Aboriginal history in Whateley-'verse Sum Up?
Judaism likes 7, for the days of the week, 12 for the tribes of Israel, and 40 (40 days and nights of flooding, 40 years in the desert, etc). Also 613 for the total number of commandments. That one doesn't show up in to many places, though, because it's so large.

18 is popular as well, because it's the Gematria (Hebrew numerology) for "Chai", which means life. But I think that that is a slightly more modern association, and I don't know of any biblical ties.

I'm less familiar with other traditions, although Christianity shares some numbers with Judaism, plus liking 3 for the trinity.

Also, I know that 4 is death in some cultures. I won't embarrass myself by trying to identify which ones.

And at this point I've strayed far off the topic of Whateley's Aboriginal history, so I'll shut up now.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds