More then the spell is intended to do?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #69309 by Cryptic
Cryptic created the topic: More then the spell is intended to do?
Do Sidhe bodies end up being self cleaning when the individual dies because of that biological self destruct spell?

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #69311 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: More then the spell is intended to do?
Well, that would explain the absence of Sidhe remains in the fossil record

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #69315 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: More then the spell is intended to do?
Or maybe rats and bacteria just find them deliciously yummy and irresistable...

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #69323 by lighttech
lighttech replied the topic: More then the spell is intended to do?
I have one sci fi book in my collection that goes on to explain the reemergence of the Fae and that no fossils exist because they dissolve 100% like leaves one description goes

And I I remember it right Magic force in general is what kept them alive and is a 'binder' so without it they are dust just like humans minus water are just a few pounds of chemicals

Part of the WA Drow clan/ collective
Author of Vantier and Shadowsblade on Bigcloset
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by lighttech.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #69325 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: More then the spell is intended to do?
Actually, that's not a good example because there are plenty of fossil leaves around -- if conditions are right, they leave imprints on minerals, for instance. It's not enough that Sidhe decompose completely, they have to decompose fast enough, 100% of the time, that there's no chance of an imprint being left behind.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #69335 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: More then the spell is intended to do?
The only example of a Sidhe seeming to die in the physical world so far (Kalrys in "Small Mercies") did in fact dissolve into a cloud of dead leaves, but my impression was that this was due to her quest ending and her spirit being released from its duty. I am pretty sure Kalrys was dead long before meeting Matthew/Monica.

And given some of that Sin has said, I'm not sure if Kalrys was actually Sidhe or not - that may have been Matt's assumption rather than a fact.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #69405 by Heckfire
Heckfire replied the topic: More then the spell is intended to do?

Sir Lee wrote: Actually, that's not a good example because there are plenty of fossil leaves around -- if conditions are right, they leave imprints on minerals, for instance. It's not enough that Sidhe decompose completely, they have to decompose fast enough, 100% of the time, that there's no chance of an imprint being left behind.

Or their remains are simply mistaken for normal leaves that get fossilized.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds