Nudity in the cottages

More
2 months 5 days ago #69511 by Cryptic
Cryptic created the topic: Nudity in the cottages
What are the rules regarding nudity in the dorms? We've seen that a 'quick' run from room to bathroom is ok, but I'm talking full on movie Mystique strutting around letting it all hang out all the time.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #69514 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
American teenagers being that body-confident? HA!

Seriously... the WU isn't different enough from our world that even Exemplar girls and guys aren't wandering around completely nude where they can be judged, compared, and potentially measure up as 'less than'. In fact, the knowledge that there ARE Exemplar who you might be compared to is going to undermine the confidence of even the good looking ones. And Americans in the WU are just as much prudes with sexual taboos as they are in the real world. There are High School teens that will take gym and prefer to spend the rest of the school day sweaty and smelling than take a shower with their peers... and underdress their gym clothes to minimize the amount of changing needed.

A 'desperate' run to the showers/restroom in a towel and undies is going to be as far as it goes, mostly. That said... a guy in boxes and flip flops (shower shoes) or a girl in undies and a towel isn't much more dressed than being nude... and no more clothed than we are on the beach most of the time... but its still a common mindset. And its going to be more likely to be enforced in co-ed dorms. Single gender dorms might 'feel' safer for a quick run in the middle of the night.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
2 months 4 days ago #69520 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
Besides, where's the fun in a Shift copying someone's form to embarrass them by streaking, if it's not taboo?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kristin Darken

More
2 months 4 days ago #69521 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
Its going to vary, of course.
Some are going to do it just to make a statement.

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

• ShadowedSin
  • Author
  • Author
  • A Fae Storyteller
More
2 months 4 days ago #69522 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
Grainne herself suffers from pretty heavy body dysmorphia and wouldn't be caught dead nude outside the showers or the kitchens. The thing to remember is that many of the kids especially Poe have suffered some pretty serious trauma. So that's not gonna translate into streaking or necessarily a high level of inhibition.

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
-Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Force, Babylon 5

More
2 months 4 days ago #69523 by Astrodragon
Some of the girls seem to have no issue showing off in the communal showers (Laura, I'm looking at you here!), so I cant see them being that shy - not deliberately shgowing off, but if something hapenned I cant see them being devastated

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

More
2 months 4 days ago #69524 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
Also keep in mind that there are two sides of that coin: some folks simply don't want to deal with anyone else's nonsense that early/late in the day.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
2 months 4 days ago #69525 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages

null0trooper wrote: Also keep in mind that there are two sides of that coin: some folks simply don't want to deal with anyone else's nonsense that early/late in the day.

Oh, definitely. "I don't care if you are an Exemplar 6; it's too effing early in the MORNING! I need at least two cups of coffee to deal with your inanity."

More
2 months 4 days ago #69526 by Astrodragon
Jadis could get quite upset by the sight of a naked Ex-6 girl...who bas BOOBS!! :dry:

More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #69528 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
I can't remember right now if it there was such a character in the WU, but I'm thinking of Grace from El Goonish Shive who simply can't grok the concept of body modesty. It's not that she's an exhibitionist, it's that she doesn't understand why anybody would care one way or another, and finds more comfortable being nude indoors.

Whateley is a large school which has a bunch of international students, some of them coming from cultures (Scandinavian, Japanese, one or two might come from "naturist" families) with far less hangups about nudity. There might be a few cultural shocks on the dorm corridors...

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Sir Lee.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds