Nudity in the cottages

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
4 weeks 2 days ago #69531 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
Certainly Europeans are more casual about modesty than Americans - at least in places like the dorm, on the beach, and so on. Could cause some interesting conversations...

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #69532 by Mylian
Mylian replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
If you've got significant enough GSD or similar, it's not so much an issue. Like if you're seven feet tall and made of boulders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
4 weeks 21 hours ago #69535 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages

Mylian wrote: If you've got significant enough GSD or similar, it's not so much an issue. Like if you're seven feet tall and made of boulders.

This is also a point of discussion from the Costume Class, when they're talking about the purposes of different types of clothing.

I could see some entertaining vignettes about this topic... :D

Measure Twice

More
4 weeks 19 hours ago #69536 by Erianaiel
Erianaiel replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
I don't think there are actually any rules against nudity in corridors in dorms even in the USA. That does not mean it happens :)

In the Whateley dorms there equally likely are no explicit rules against nudity because there is no need for them. Teenagers are typically quite insecure about their appearance and spend lots of time thinking about the 'right' clothes to wear so as to fit in with the group they want to be part of.

And yes, while some European cultures are a little less uptight about casual nudity, that does not mean we are walking around naked all the time either :) It just means that on the beach partial nudity is a way to avoid white stripes and that you don't wrap a towel around yourself in a sauna (which I might add traditionally is single sex, not mixed). And it means that movies showing a little skin will not cause a panic and senators demanding government takes harsh action and instating actual censorship (meaning government controlling publications before they are made publicly available).

More
4 weeks 18 hours ago #69537 by Erianaiel
Erianaiel replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages

Mister D wrote:

Mylian wrote: If you've got significant enough GSD or similar, it's not so much an issue. Like if you're seven feet tall and made of boulders.

This is also a point of discussion from the Costume Class, when they're talking about the purposes of different types of clothing.

A mutant Canotila girl admitted to Whateley(*). Nudity is not just a cultural thing for her, it is a requirement for most of her abilities :)

(* Ever since Whateley began admitting Sidhe that allowed for an argument that the close cousins of the Sidhe should be admitted as well. Even if neither is even close to being human. Not even remotely the same species, if largely homophormic to humans)

More
3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #69540 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages

Erianaiel wrote:

Mister D wrote:

A mutant Canotila girl admitted to Whateley(*). Nudity is not just a cultural thing for her, it is a requirement for most of her abilities :)

(* Ever since Whateley began admitting Sidhe that allowed for an argument that the close cousins of the Sidhe should be admitted as well. Even if neither is even close to being human. Not even remotely the same species, if largely homophormic to humans)

If a Canotila, like Julie Robinson were admitted, then they would be able to find solutions for this issue, likely that they would need clothing made from plant materials, such as cotton, linen, and hemp. For shoes- hemp soles, or wooden soles would work. In the "wilds", the Canotila rarely wear clothing due to inconvenience, and lack of need, but at Whateley they have access to manufacturing methods that aren't available in the wilds.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Rose Bunny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #69548 by lighttech
lighttech replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages

Rose Bunny wrote:

Erianaiel wrote:

Mister D wrote:

I could see a plant girl waking up still standing in her pot, then using a watering can to clean-up and water up for the day!

I think that in her mind a room that is only used to 'water' one's self as quaint! ten add using the toilet? Why she does not do that! and she might not ever really use the bath room

Though I could still see her standing outside in the sun or the rain naked! But more often in the Grove for the essence and or protection it gives one of her kind

If a Canotila, like Julie Robinson were admitted, then they would be able to find solutions for this issue, likely that they would need clothing made from plant materials, such as cotton, linen, and hemp. For shoes- hemp soles, or wooden soles would work. In the "wilds", the Canotila rarely wear clothing due to inconvenience, and lack of need, but at Whateley they have access to manufacturing methods that aren't available in the wilds.

Part of the WA Drow clan/ collective
Author of Vantier and Shadowsblade on Bigcloset

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #69552 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
The clothing allergies are already a thing experienced by the Sidhe on campus, so there may be an existing labelling scheme in the campus store... :D

Measure Twice

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #69564 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Nudity in the cottages
I realized Whitman might not be the place for my mirror studded girl to do this... To pretty for F3, to freaky to be a Pretty.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds