Sidhe on staff

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #69560 by Cryptic
Cryptic created the topic: Sidhe on staff
Besides Nikki in G2, are there any Sidhe on staff?

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rose Bunny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #69561 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Sidhe on staff
Fey is on staff, though not a teacher, so far as we know. Her purpose largely is to monitor the World Tree, and consult when needed. Other than that, it's unknown.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Rose Bunny.

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #69568 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Sidhe on staff
Not in G2 - Nikki is a special case

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

• ShadowedSin
  • Author
  • Author
  • A Fae Storyteller
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #69571 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Sidhe on staff
Even in Gen 2 there are several Sidhe-like mutants as students, there are no Sidhe faculty. This doesn't mean a relative of there's won't be mayhap.

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
-Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Force, Babylon 5

More
1 week 3 days ago #69666 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Sidhe on staff
Now I'm tempted to have Grianne be a student advisor just to have her ask why someone's codename is the almost Irish words for Flesh Sculptor seeing how her lingual abilities let her pronounce nga's name correctly. Bio- devisor/Mage Sidhe is the answer.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
1 week 3 days ago #69669 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Sidhe on staff
Remember, Sidhe aren't human mutants. You shouldn't actually find a Sidhe devisor. The Sidhe as a species have innate abilities with magic, psionics, and can host spirits (though more like channelers or paladins than the typical Avatar - the spirit shares power with the Sidhe, but the hosting is more like Kayda's shaman creating spirit bonds than what Avatars do). They are inherently stronger, faster and smarter than humans. This means that powers testing tend to map these things to Wiz, Psi, and Exemplar type traits... but those are false comparisons. Any mutant who manifests as a Sidhe is now Sidhe... not a human mutant and it would be extremely unlikely that they would also carry mutant traits on top of that.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

• ShadowedSin
  • Author
  • Author
  • A Fae Storyteller
More
1 week 2 days ago #69680 by ShadowedSin

Cryptic wrote: Now I'm tempted to have Grianne be a student advisor just to have her ask why someone's codename is the almost Irish words for Flesh Sculptor seeing how her lingual abilities let her pronounce nga's name correctly. Bio- devisor/Mage Sidhe is the answer.

By Gen2 Grainne isn't on earth except for rare appearances in Canada and Ireland. Also, genetically she's not a Sidhe, if you call her one Morgan will rear her ugly racist head. :D

More
1 week 2 days ago #69683 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Sidhe on staff
Ak, they way you were hinting, I just assumed Gianna was around.

Kristian, I understand the difference between Sidhe and mutant. I was just using bio-divisor to describe what I'm seeing the character as doing eventually.

B-Ding is what it would look like to another student, and maybe some staff, as I'm seeing a more tech like approach to things then say The Kodiak's med-magic. They kid would be farming out the tech to the true divisor/gadgeteer crowd, and then putting the finishing touches on it. And I've worked out why this methodology should work, due to them having some of the memories of their mother/creator. Think Nikki, post Aunga. Just not broken.

• ShadowedSin
  • Author
  • Author
  • A Fae Storyteller
More
1 week 2 days ago #69693 by ShadowedSin
I have no plans for Gen2 work so all of my chars have their own stories post-Graduation. If I ever do write something in Gen2 it will be strictly related to my work in that regard.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds