Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #5073 by Phoenix Spiritus
Phoenix Spiritus replied the topic: Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?
The three witches are not currently powerful, but have access to spells way beyond their abilities. A more 'likely' scenario is that it failed miserably but Palantir insists it worked fully and that she is right and the scrying is telling her this.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Phoenix Spiritus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #5114 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?
The three don't have lit wells yet. They play at being witches.. they aren't casting real spells outside of class where they are given the essence to power the assigned practice spells. As part of the completion of spring intro to magick, they will get to light their wells... but will then have to workon building any reasble amount of essence

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #5115 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?

Kristin Darken wrote: The three don't have lit wells yet. They play at being witches.. they aren't casting real spells outside of class where they are given the essence to power the assigned practice spells. As part of the completion of spring intro to magick, they will get to light their wells... but will then have to workon building any reasble amount of essence

If they're not casting 'real' spells when they do things like Scry with Palantir's Orb... Then what are they doing? :huh:
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Malady.

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
4 years 8 months ago #5116 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?
Separate mutant powers which is why they are at Whateley.

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.

More
4 years 8 months ago #5125 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?

Malady wrote:

Kristin Darken wrote: The three don't have lit wells yet. They play at being witches.. they aren't casting real spells outside of class where they are given the essence to power the assigned practice spells. As part of the completion of spring intro to magick, they will get to light their wells... but will then have to workon building any reasble amount of essence

If they're not casting 'real' spells when they do things like Scry with Palantir's Orb... Then what are they doing? :huh:

I'm pretty sure that Palantir took/got that name by because of the her Orb and the ability to scry with it.

Clover got in because she has a witch hat.:lol:

Don't Drick and Drive.

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
More
4 years 8 months ago #5126 by Dreamer
Clover got in because she is a Warper, a Probability manipulator. She actually helped Mrs. Carson out in her fight with Deathlist in the Halloween attack using that power.

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.

More
4 years 8 months ago #5136 by Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus replied the topic: Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?
Doesn't she also have a large dog familiar? Or was that the third witch, whose name escapes me?

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
More
4 years 8 months ago #5137 by Dreamer

Arcanist Lupus wrote: Doesn't she also have a large dog familiar? Or was that the third witch, whose name escapes me?

Nope, that is Clover. Large dog familiar and probability warper. Abracadabra can inject essence into object, one mention was of her using something as enchantment tiles by doing so. And Palantir can manifest the ball used for scrying, getting information, other things, even translating tomes of arcane lore written in unknown [to her] languages, as well as grow big for her to ride around on. The limits of its scrying are unknown and not stated in any of the stories, nor in her wiki entry.

More
4 years 8 months ago #5141 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?

Arcanist Lupus wrote: Doesn't she also have a large dog familiar? Or was that the third witch, whose name escapes me?

I believe that Buttons, Clover's familiar can change size like other familiars. It has appeared large enough for her to ride, and small enough for her to hold in her lap.

Don't Drick and Drive.

More
4 years 8 months ago #5145 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Can I get info on Scrying and its limits, please?
Perhaps we should move the TLW convo to the TLW Thread ?

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds