Whateley Academy Layout/Map 3D

More
4 years 8 months ago #7937 by mittfh
mittfh replied the topic: Whateley Academy Layout/Map 3D
Wow! I spend just over a week away from home (with internet access provided only by my phone - so unsurprisingly didn't do much besides FB), then return to find this! Venum must have been rather bored over the festive period (to which we're all extremely grateful!) :)

It'll be really interesting to see what the model looks like once textures have been added, and for interior views, light sources approximating real world ones (probably fluorescent tubes almost everywhere with a handful of box standard incandescent bulbs here and there... unless LED 'bulbs' became mainstream in the Whateleyverse several years before ours, plus 'daylight' [or in 3D-land invisible lightboxes simulating daylight] streaming in through the windows).

Of course, you could cheat by only texturing the walls visible from wherever you placed the camera, and for the interior only texturing a sample room or two (to give something akin to the standard immaculate images you'd find in the prospectus - probably taken almost as soon as the paint had dried on the walls [and well before any students moved in!])

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #8083 by venum4k
venum4k replied the topic: Whateley Academy Layout/Map 3D
Yeah, I had some family/friends/new year/christmas/insert other event here stuff to do over the past week so I've only half-done the windows (or at least what I imagine them to look like from the description I was provided)

edit: I bet it's probably the mysterious lightboxes, pretty sure one of the whateley stories I read recently mentions a window screen thing

another edit, because I'm great like that: While I don't have an awful lot of experience texturing things, it's not hard to put textures on everything, in fact I've done a bit of experimenting with the model and porting it into the unreal engine where it works pretty well (collision, walking around, stuff like that)

edit mk3: I did a quick bit of work on a possible window design;
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thoughts would be appreciated as always
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by venum4k.

More
4 years 7 months ago #10194 by venum4k
venum4k replied the topic: Whateley Academy Layout/Map 3D
So I've had some college assignments lately and haven't really managed to get back to this, I thought I'd put the files up here if anyone wants to screw around/improve/whatever. Standard stuff applies (do whatever you want with it as long as you don't try to make money or something with it).
Main File in a .FBX format, this should be compatible with most 3D software.
Same file in .mb format (original project file)

First iteration of the windows if anyone's interested in that as well.
And this is the window .mb

Tell me if there are any problems with those files.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds