What do the teachers tell each other?

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
4 years 7 months ago #9523 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?

DanZilla wrote:
A question I have regarding where this thread has gone and another also touched on... Is it Illegal to falsify and withhold information from an MID. If so, what is the crime and what punishments can be levied. Is it exacerbated if the false/withheld information and powers are not "harmless" but could present a clear and present danger?

You proceed from a false assumption; a MID is not a government document. It is issued by private, nonprofit, nongovernmental organization. In much the same way the Federal Reserve is a private, for-profit, bank, and governments make use of its documents, in the case of the Fed Federal Reserve Notes, but the Federal Reserve has as much governmental authority as Federal Express.

While both these organizations go out of their way to cloak themselves in government language, and to present themselves as 'official' and governmental they are not. Governments find it easy to use their documents and they find it useful to misrepresent themselves.

So the answer your questions there is no legal repercussions, because they're not legal documents to begin with.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9536 by DanZilla
DanZilla replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?

E. E. Nalley wrote:

DanZilla wrote:
A question I have regarding where this thread has gone and another also touched on... Is it Illegal to falsify and withhold information from an MID. If so, what is the crime and what punishments can be levied. Is it exacerbated if the false/withheld information and powers are not "harmless" but could present a clear and present danger?

You proceed from a false assumption; a MID is not a government document. It is issued by private, nonprofit, nongovernmental organization. In much the same way the Federal Reserve is a private, for-profit, bank, and governments make use of its documents, in the case of the Fed Federal Reserve Notes, but the Federal Reserve has as much governmental authority as Federal Express.

While both these organizations go out of their way to cloak themselves in government language, and to present themselves as 'official' and governmental they are not. Governments find it easy to use their documents and they find it useful to misrepresent themselves.

So the answer your questions there is no legal repercussions, because they're not legal documents to begin with.

Thanks... I wasn't under the assumption myself which is why I worded it the way I did... I was curious, since the DPA has been alluded to being connected to the MID records in the past, if there was in fact some legal backing to the MID that wasn't attached to the MCO... Hence why the DFA could be an actionable offense when attached to the MID improperly.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9561 by jmhyp
jmhyp replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?
Always wanted to see Sam or Gunny put Kimba through a Sim where a spray of chocolate incapacitates Ayla. "It's on your MID! We put it in the computer." :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #9622 by Greatdingo
Greatdingo replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?

E. E. Nalley wrote: You proceed from a false assumption; a MID is not a government document. It is issued by private, nonprofit, nongovernmental organization

Aren't they issued by the MCO, and isn't that a supra-national organization?
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Greatdingo. Reason: formatting

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
4 years 7 months ago #9624 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?

Greatdingo wrote:

E. E. Nalley wrote: You proceed from a false assumption; a MID is not a government document. It is issued by private, nonprofit, Nongovernmental Organization

Aren't they issued by the MCO, and isn't that a supra-national organization?

Yes they are issued by the MCO, and yes the MCO is a multinational not-for-profit. But they are as federal as Federal Express. The MCO is not a governmental organization; it is not a part of any government, but rather is a private corporation funded primarily by the Goodkind family. If you can imagine IBM suddenly issuing badges and guns to all of its field representatives and claiming to have jurisdiction over computer crime, because they quote invented unquote the personal computer, that's the same league as the MCO.

Now in our world, the MCO exists in a new class of corporations which are called Non-Governmental Organizations, or NGOs. These organizations act like they are government bodies filling a specific role, and many governments make use of the as a service they can provide without having to pay a tax burden, but they are not a part of that government.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791

More
4 years 7 months ago #9627 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?

DanZilla wrote: Going back to the first example... no, something which takes away the ability to become a Rager wouldn't necessarily be something that the school personnel would share... HOWEVER, something that GIVES the ability to become a Rager would most definitely be shared at the first opportunity and, if possible, be taken away from the student to be returned, or not, when they leave the school.

To withold? Well, its up to the MCO to ask the right questions, isnt it?
And while deliberately lying in response is one thing (and probably is an offence), being economical with the truth is, again, something for the MCO to work out.

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9631 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?

jmhyp wrote: Always wanted to see Sam or Gunny put Kimba through a Sim where a spray of chocolate incapacitates Ayla. "It's on your MID! We put it in the computer." :)

Wouldn't Ayla's reply be something like, "You didn't use choclate of sufficiently high quality." :lol:

Measure Twice

More
4 years 7 months ago #9632 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?

Mister D wrote:

jmhyp wrote: Always wanted to see Sam or Gunny put Kimba through a Sim where a spray of chocolate incapacitates Ayla. "It's on your MID! We put it in the computer." :)

Wouldn't Ayla's reply be something like, "You didn't use choclate of sufficiently high quality." :lol:

Or 'You used 'American' chocolate, not real chocolate' :dry:

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #9678 by jmhyp
jmhyp replied the topic: What do the teachers tell each other?
Neither Sam nor Gunny are unaware of Ayla's penchant for finer things.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by jmhyp.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds