× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Dorms of our lives Season 5!

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #65798 by XaltatunOfAcheron
XaltatunOfAcheron replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Nice start. By the way, Dunwich is the nearest town - unless they've put in a new road, you have to go through Dunwich to get to Berlin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #65799 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Dorms of Our Lives, Season 5 Part 1 comments
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Katssun

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #65800 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Dreamer wrote: Adrienne le Floc'h, also known as Fleuve Noire

Interested why she called herself River Black, or would it be Black River? [/quote]

"Black Tide", if one goes by the movie title's translation.

Dreamer wrote: Pantagruel, so supervillain named himself after a giant in a French story, interesting. Gouyasse's part in revealing Cally's secret, he is going to come to regret ever being involved in that group of idiots. Ugh, Wahnsinnig thinking of Erica as a Nazi and Cally as a sexual deviant, this girl needs a brutal lesson. Fortenbras, I wonder who his cousin his. Wahnsinnig, you need to let this go or it is going to end up ruining you.

Meanwhile, In Castle Groenwald ....

Dreamer wrote:

"I asked a colleague of mine at ARC that exact same thing," said Claudio. "His reply was that in a worst-case scenario, at least the trigger-happy students could get some target practice. I, ah, hope he was joking."

I don't think his colleague was joking.

Or that his colleague realized that Belle, Nikki, Sara, and Chou weren't the most trigger-happy students, merely available.

Dreamer wrote: So close to figuring out that clue as to who Erica was before, Hiram is going to be trouble for Erica if this keeps up.

Especially if he replays Eric's voice and accent to see if his judgement of the accents is on-track.

Dreamer wrote:

At the cinema, they caught an early afternoon showing of the latest massive action blockbuster, based loosely on the events that had resulted in a small Central Asian city turning into an impressive crater.

And once more reminded of how dangerous life in the Whateley Universe can be.

What are the odds that Hikaru could give a full accounting of where the movie got things right or wrong?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Katssun

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #65801 by Wasamon
Wasamon replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
On the subject of Fleuve Noire... I don't think it'd be a spoiler to mention that her younger brothers' code names are Sphinx-des-glaces (Jean-Marie) and Passepartout (Laurent).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady, XaltatunOfAcheron

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #65803 by Katssun
Katssun replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
We got confirmation that Val and the Amazon's didn't use anything on Nef, just normal evil high school girl manipulation. And this is pure speculation, but I'm beginning to wonder if the sluggers of M3 aren't going to be the ones to bring the Amazons low, but unassuming Calliope. I had the impression from Dorms 4 she was just starting to have a major mental breakdown, which, she was, but, from the diner scene and her own grateful memories of being knocked out by Miss Plimsoll her siren powers are a lot more dangerous in a physical sense if they need to be.

I'm glad the Wahnsinnig situation is getting closer and closer to exploding. It should be a fun showdown.

Overall, a great start and I'm ready for more! It's nice to see a story showing that the fallout of something like Cally being outed can also deeply affect her friends and defenders, because bigots are never satisfied. It's still early as well, but Cally not ready to forgive and also being selfish about putting herself back in order is a nice touch as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #65806 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

XaltatunOfAcheron wrote: Nice start. By the way, Dunwich is the nearest town - unless they've put in a new road, you have to go through Dunwich to get to Berlin.

They're Italians.
Probably driving too fast to notice Dunwich :dry:

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #65913 by Wasamon
Wasamon replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Might as well note this for Dreamer, since they commented:

Fortenbras appeared alongside both his cousins (French and German) and Pantagruel in the flashback section of "Meanwhile at Castle Groenwald."

Also, in regards to the Exemplars sans BIT thing, we have at least one actual example in canon: Jello, from Gen 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, null0trooper

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #65915 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Not everybody has the same definitions for what makes a town, a city, etc. Dunwich might be too small to qualify as anything but a glorified rest-stop in Calliope's schema.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.

More
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #66005 by Malady
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Malady.

More
10 months 1 week ago #66010 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Good Jack in the box is going to get what's coming

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds