× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Dorms of our lives Season 5!

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #66211 by Yolandria
Yolandria replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Part 3 now up and running!

Mistress of the shelter for lost and redeemable Woobies!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #66219 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Dorms of Our Lives, Season 5, Part 3 comments
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hardric

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #66237 by Esar
Esar replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
I know I have mostly lurked this year, but just had to say : Thank you.

While the entire story is great and explore interesting elements (the meddling of the syndicate, the amazons, the consequence of the way poe's secret has been handled etc), the noah/nina scenes stole the show for me. I loved all the interactions and can only look forward to reading more about them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wasamon

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #66431 by XaltatunOfAcheron
XaltatunOfAcheron replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Part 4 is up.

Interesting twist at the end.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #66433 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Someone got what they deserved, someone got what they were searching for in a way that's bad for everyone else, and... someone we know got parole, it seems. Good luck to her and her apex husband, then, not to mention her parent/not-daughter. One hopes that the Quad survives the oncoming hav... er, mayhem.

Does extirpation involve simulated walnuts, by any chance (but not skee-ball, that beeachfront wasn't supposed to be there)?

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Schol-R-LEA.

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
More
9 months 1 week ago #66435 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Dorms of Our Lives, Season 5, Part 4 comments

Does extirpation involve simulated walnuts, by any chance (but not skee-ball, that beeachfront wasn't supposed to be there)?

I looked up the word, it is another term for extermination.

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA, Hardric

More
9 months 1 week ago #66436 by Wasamon
Wasamon replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Schol-R-lea gets the joke, that it's a reference to the webcomic Skin Horse, a mad-science series focused on black-ops social services for non-human sapients.

In that one, members of the enigmatic shadow government conspiracy are regularly threatened with extirpation for disloyalty, mistakes, losses, or failure to understand the byzantine mess of regulations running the system. No one's exactly sure what extirpation actually entails, but it's rumored to involve walnuts.

It's a running joke from practically the beginning (maybe first major story arc?) and the details of extirpation were only revealed a few months ago, after years of updates.

And walnuts are, in fact, involved. Sort of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Schol-R-LEA

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #66437 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Wasamon wrote: It's a running joke from practically the beginning (maybe first major story arc?) and the details of extirpation were only revealed a few months ago, after years of updates.

Meh, not quite that long. So far as I recall, Anasigma Corp. wasn't even introduced until "I Can Fly" (this link is to their first mention I could find, but it's in the middle of the arc so possible spoilers), and while I am pretty sure Dr. Lee mentions extirpation fairly early on
the walnut thing came a good deal later, probably not until "Railway Children" (the story involving St. Charlie, the Mobile City of Mad Science) and or even "My House is Me" (the story involving Dr. Whimsy's Little House, the Disneyland expy).

However, what I will say is that A-Sig is very, very naughty, just like Little Jimmy . Fortunately, our favorite crossdressing psychologist knows how to handle someone like Virginia Lee . At least long enough for U.N.I.T.Y. to cause a lot of trouble .

OK, I am officially taking things too seriously, aren't I?

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #66441 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
For a moment there I thought Saumer was going to invite Kirsten to the game of Das Schwarz Auge that Erica's trying to get going. :lol:

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Kettlekorn.

• Dreamer
  • Master
  • Master
More
9 months 1 week ago #66442 by Dreamer

Wasamon wrote: Schol-R-lea gets the joke, that it's a reference to the webcomic Skin Horse, a mad-science series focused on black-ops social services for non-human sapients.

In that one, members of the enigmatic shadow government conspiracy are regularly threatened with extirpation for disloyalty, mistakes, losses, or failure to understand the byzantine mess of regulations running the system. No one's exactly sure what extirpation actually entails, but it's rumored to involve walnuts.

It's a running joke from practically the beginning (maybe first major story arc?) and the details of extirpation were only revealed a few months ago, after years of updates.

And walnuts are, in fact, involved. Sort of.

Dang, I read that webcomic but it's been so long since they referenced that detail I forgot it. ::oops:

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds