× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Dorms of our lives Season 5!

More
9 months 1 week ago #66444 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Yeah the Order of the Worn Wrench has standards, its built on the premise of "you've got my back, I've got yours", which is why their protection sometimes extends to non tech track students, Jack in the Box has made it clear that he sees other peoples backs as knife practice.

It does seem not all the Amazons are unrecoverable TERF, which is good. It does make sense that most of the Masterminds don't go the villain route come to think of it, not only is there maturation, but they also get to learn how the system works and how much work it is to game the system.

One thought, after the broadcast, people are going to look Danielle Greenwood up, Erica's past is very well protected from direct research, but can the same be said of her mother?

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #66445 by Ametros
Ametros replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
I wonder how many Diedrick's cases have teeth sharp enough to be described as sawblades, and whether there are enough for Mrs. Hastings to reasonably not be Lady Havoc. After all, the latter had begun working with Whateley last we saw in Gen 1, and was getting close to Pinnacle whose surname we don't know.

Continuing to really enjoy Dorms, and what an end to this fourth part. Big public reveal, interesting exchanges with StahlFaust and more.

One nuanced aspect I really like about Erica is her lack of physical reactions to many things - indeed the very inability in many cases, such as blushing. It must be rather confusing even to oneself when there's the complete absence of the physical reactions to one's emotions and would make it difficult at times for even Erica to read herself.

Seriously, thank you for your time and effort. It is appreciated.

More
9 months 1 week ago #66446 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
There's a Gen1 Ms. Hastings...

Lol if Vic's stepsister, Ronnie Silver, goes to the college that Hunger is set in. Hunger is set in a College, right?

More
9 months 1 week ago #66447 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Yes, Hunger takes place at a college in Lincoln, Nebraska. It's most likely the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, given that Robert's dorm is named Pound Hall.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
9 months 1 week ago #66449 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!

More
9 months 1 week ago #66461 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
I just realized how similar "Groundpounder" and "Tidestriker" are... Noun [Hitting Verb]-er.

Now thinking of the silly "Flameslapper".

Also, their real names reference their elements too... Claude / Clod, and Rivera.

More
9 months 1 week ago #66463 by Wasamon
Wasamon replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Schol-R-LEA wrote: I stand corrected, walnuts were indeed mentioned from the outset as part of extirpation .

Well, you saved me a few hours of re-reading the entire archives.... :(

But yay, my memory's just as weirdly specific as ever.

And to Dreamer, I know exactly how weird it is to have a regular flow of random music going through my head, because that's a normal day for me. Occasionally some pop music ear worm will drive me nuts for a month or two, but I eventually train my brain to switch over to some Santana or Weird Al or Finnish/Lappish joik music if it pops up.

More
9 months 1 week ago #66476 by Hardric
Hardric replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Dreamer wrote:

"She will be amused at how the legend grows. But no, Val is perceptive, and a strong empath, but her ability to suggest directly with her power is limited. But you would be amazed at what people can be convinced into doing when they believe they can blame it on outside control... But alas, no. She can sense interest and encourage you to act on it, but she cannot create that interest in the first place."

If that is the truth of how Val's power works, then I've have been wrong about her brainwashing girls.

Nah, the Screeching Bitch has been oozing a 'Brainwashing Bitch' aura from every inch of her skin from the moment of her first apparition on-screen, with nicities like 'never before the second date' amongst crowners.

And even if Attack Bitch Alpha Stale Farce wasn't lying there to protect her premier recruitment tool, this form of empathy can totally brainwash you faithful mindslaves recruits. Demonstration with Nefertiti, aka "A brainwashing so obvious that abducting loving hetero girls for dragging them to a Brainwashing Booth for mental rewriting would actually be a subtler approach. Even accounting for the fact the Booth is right on front of Kane, and Hive gets audio and video feed of every second the entire debacle":

1) Calliope and Nefertiti are left reeling after the Pit's Losers and the Attack Bitches get them. Screeching Bitch take the hurt, the sadness, the everything negative from that experience to keep it very much alive, so they don't forget how sucky it was all. Could be also heigthening the hurt Nefertiti feels about not knowing the truth about Calliope (standard reaction to love interest hiding big secrets), because it can't be separated, or because she prefers isolated preys to tailor her approach more. Of course, in that sea of bad feelings, the Amazons stand like a beacon of 'feel good' and 'comfort', especially if she amps up these feelings too. Jack-In-A-Cage (no, i'm not calling him Dick-In-A-Box, my professional pride forbids me of using Attack Bitches' nicknames) planted the seeds, Screeching Bitch is definitely watering them for her benefits.
2) After the big campus revelation, Nefertiti is jumped again and in the 'care' of the Attack Bitches. Time to do it again, except this time Screeching Bitch is definitely amping up that seed of resentment against Calliope, and going overdrive because Stale Farce is a Sisterhood Bitch in the pure Sinfest vein. And why should Nefertiti question that hurt and anger after such an traumatic, intense, and emotionaly amplified experience? Especially while it is confronted to all the 'comfort' and 'feel good' rising up to match during this whole week-end between Screeching Bitch's claws. Anger against Jack-In-A-Cage and the losers become hatred by sheer contamination once the first association is done and generously fed by empathic powers, while anger at Calliope is also festered, until the 'transgender man' link between these two hatred is reached, while the trauma is just not going away. And all the while, the Attack Bitches are the only place where she is feeling good, or at least feels good enough when confronted to this constant hurt, anger, trauma...

Vanilla Brainwashing of emotional manipulation of surroundings with a helping of Pavlovian conditionning of 'Attack Bitches Good, Everything Else Bad'. With Screeching Bitch using the empathy to catalyze the changes. Now I guess if Jack-In-A-Cage hadn't accelerated thing sfurther, it would have been addiction to the feel-good moment of being ith the Attack Bitches and the still lingering hurt leading to always more visits to feel that good, with Screeching Bitch slowly rewriting their brains with each new visit. Little fucktard just offered an opportunity of working faster.

And I can imagine it would help tremendously with the hetero couples too. Lovely New Thing is having one of these ordinairy lovers' spat peppering love life, especially for some mutants here? Amp up the issues on both sides for critical meltdown, and pick up the sobbing pieces of Lovely New Thing and get to work.

And all of that is only if Screeching Bitch strictly sticks to 'Vulture Mode'. There are myriads of little hurts and dark feelings within the mind, all little seeds to exploit with emotional manipulation, especially super-powered one. Or to plant yourself for later use.

(And as PS regarding 'manipulation of sexuality'... Kayda shows that enough trauma can have effects. Before she remembered the collective rape, her narrative could briefly wander on how some guys could look hot before her subconscious definitely backed away due to the trauma. And once it was in the open, nope to any man became the answer. Screeching Bitch has a power allowing her to more or less slowly rewrite the brains. Might not be easy, but I'm sure the possibility of inducing enough lingering trauma is within her wretched reach.)

More
9 months 1 week ago #66477 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Hardric wrote:

Dreamer wrote:

"She will be amused at how the legend grows. But no, Val is perceptive, and a strong empath, but her ability to suggest directly with her power is limited. But you would be amazed at what people can be convinced into doing when they believe they can blame it on outside control... But alas, no. She can sense interest and encourage you to act on it, but she cannot create that interest in the first place."

If that is the truth of how Val's power works, then I've have been wrong about her brainwashing girls.

Nah, the Screeching Bitch has been oozing a 'Brainwashing Bitch' aura from every inch of her skin from the moment of her first apparition on-screen, with nicities like 'never before the second date' amongst crowners.

And even if Attack Bitch Alpha Stale Farce wasn't lying there to protect her premier recruitment tool, this form of empathy can totally brainwash you faithful mindslaves recruits. Demonstration with Nefertiti, aka "A brainwashing so obvious that abducting loving hetero girls for dragging them to a Brainwashing Booth for mental rewriting would actually be a subtler approach. Even accounting for the fact the Booth is right on front of Kane, and Hive gets audio and video feed of every second the entire debacle":

1) Calliope and Nefertiti are left reeling after the Pit's Losers and the Attack Bitches get them. Screeching Bitch take the hurt, the sadness, the everything negative from that experience to keep it very much alive, so they don't forget how sucky it was all. Could be also heigthening the hurt Nefertiti feels about not knowing the truth about Calliope (standard reaction to love interest hiding big secrets), because it can't be separated, or because she prefers isolated preys to tailor her approach more. Of course, in that sea of bad feelings, the Amazons stand like a beacon of 'feel good' and 'comfort', especially if she amps up these feelings too. Jack-In-A-Cage (no, i'm not calling him Dick-In-A-Box, my professional pride forbids me of using Attack Bitches' nicknames) planted the seeds, Screeching Bitch is definitely watering them for her benefits.
2) After the big campus revelation, Nefertiti is jumped again and in the 'care' of the Attack Bitches. Time to do it again, except this time Screeching Bitch is definitely amping up that seed of resentment against Calliope, and going overdrive because Stale Farce is a Sisterhood Bitch in the pure Sinfest vein. And why should Nefertiti question that hurt and anger after such an traumatic, intense, and emotionaly amplified experience? Especially while it is confronted to all the 'comfort' and 'feel good' rising up to match during this whole week-end between Screeching Bitch's claws. Anger against Jack-In-A-Cage and the losers become hatred by sheer contamination once the first association is done and generously fed by empathic powers, while anger at Calliope is also festered, until the 'transgender man' link between these two hatred is reached, while the trauma is just not going away. And all the while, the Attack Bitches are the only place where she is feeling good, or at least feels good enough when confronted to this constant hurt, anger, trauma...

Vanilla Brainwashing of emotional manipulation of surroundings with a helping of Pavlovian conditionning of 'Attack Bitches Good, Everything Else Bad'. With Screeching Bitch using the empathy to catalyze the changes. Now I guess if Jack-In-A-Cage hadn't accelerated thing sfurther, it would have been addiction to the feel-good moment of being ith the Attack Bitches and the still lingering hurt leading to always more visits to feel that good, with Screeching Bitch slowly rewriting their brains with each new visit. Little fucktard just offered an opportunity of working faster.

And I can imagine it would help tremendously with the hetero couples too. Lovely New Thing is having one of these ordinairy lovers' spat peppering love life, especially for some mutants here? Amp up the issues on both sides for critical meltdown, and pick up the sobbing pieces of Lovely New Thing and get to work.

And all of that is only if Screeching Bitch strictly sticks to 'Vulture Mode'. There are myriads of little hurts and dark feelings within the mind, all little seeds to exploit with emotional manipulation, especially super-powered one. Or to plant yourself for later use.

(And as PS regarding 'manipulation of sexuality'... Kayda shows that enough trauma can have effects. Before she remembered the collective rape, her narrative could briefly wander on how some guys could look hot before her subconscious definitely backed away due to the trauma. And once it was in the open, nope to any man became the answer. Screeching Bitch has a power allowing her to more or less slowly rewrite the brains. Might not be easy, but I'm sure the possibility of inducing enough lingering trauma is within her wretched reach.)

the question is can it be broken

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
9 months 1 week ago #66478 by Hardric
Hardric replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Well, between my own opinion of mind control and what it would do to people here, and my liking of the Nefertiti/Calliope ship, I very hope so, but that sort of thing... Vanilla brainwashing is a nasty thing in Real Life, and first step of getting people to acknowledge it in the first place so they can fight it and then rebuild a mind free of these influences is a bear and half. With someone able to stroke the 'right' emotions once the seed is present, using them to root that shit even further? That looks like a delicate, long and hard work for years if that had been in place long enough... I really think the Screeching Bitch needs to have long, long intercourse with a trusty rusty chainsaw for that shit. From everywhere preferably.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds