× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Dorms of our lives Season 5!

More
8 months 6 days ago #66479 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Noah x Cally vs. Nef X Cally?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #66505 by Hardric
Hardric replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
You say that as if Neff x Cally could be defeated once the brainwashing is dealt with as the Attack Bitches.

Also, dang do I hate fat-fingering posts. Still, C&C:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Ha! Done before next entry! Man, these girls get the shit life. How much to write more optimistic parts for the next ones?
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by Hardric. Reason: fat-fingered the post way too early.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #66547 by Katssun
Katssun replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

mhalpern wrote: One thought, after the broadcast, people are going to look Danielle Greenwood up, Erica's past is very well protected from direct research, but can the same be said of her mother?

But Castle Groenwald deliberately had Danielle announce her name was von Groenwald. The same investigations that Kirsten has done on Erica will only bring up those same links. I very much doubt they're even considering Erica, more to legitimize the links Green Cross has with the Nazi Theme Agent. The fallout just looks very bad for Erica. She was claiming they're distant cousins. Now it is super obvious she's her daughter, and it makes it look like she was lying about that too.

A very bad pairing given the accusations against Cally. Now they're both liars, and it will take even longer for the furor over Cally to go away too.

The real Green Cross is using Miene to be her stand-in, while she continues to run for the government as, "Lillian Richards-Greenwood."

I guess the next question is why? Certainly to remove any chance that Lillian could be associated with actually being the super villain, but to what other end? Does she intend to use "Danielle von Groenwald" as someone to campaign against? A more extreme example so that she can easily slide into the congressional seat?

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67018 by Yolandria
Yolandria replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Part 5 now up for your reading pleasure!

Mistress of the shelter for lost and redeemable Woobies!

• Dreamer
  • Away
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67025 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Dorms of Our Lives, Season 5, Part 5 comments
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Katssun, Hardric

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67026 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Dreamer wrote:

"It's the Class of 2010, all over again."

"Oh dear, I hope not," said Tabby. "I fear so, but I hope not. As it is..."

We know the Class of 2010 has had their issues, but how bad will it get for the TG kids that Tabby hopes it isn't that all over again?

Dreamer wrote:

One after another? Good idea; it would wear her down, but... Section 1, paragraph 8, a student can only be challenged a certain number of times in a week, and not by members of the same training team successively. And this is assuming she's registered as personally open to challenges. Not all students are, even in the upper grades."

Dang, the staff have had this happen before.

You might have gotten your answer as to how bad it gets that these rules get put in place.

Part of it could be tied to the training regimens (and peer pressure wielded to get people into those regimens) that would be needed for a motley group of students to face The Bastard's minions and have any chance of success. The Class of 2010 might bear the brunt of the 2008-2010 effort, but the effects of being trained as child soldiers can't be expected to disappear once The Bastard is locked away for a few years.

Heck, that might be one of the dodges used to ramp up the training tempo without sounding alarms immediately,

Dreamer wrote: Ngaire can play a rondo with herself, what is a rondo? I tried looking it up but found nothing.

From the context, that could be a double typo for ronda or rota. Ngaire played in round with herself.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67027 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

As the three girls rounded the path towards him, a boy with Emerson pips on his school uniform dashed past with what looked to be a cantelope in hand.

Would that by any chance be an Emerson pin (pinned on) or a badge (sewn on) on his blazer?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67031 by Greatdingo
Greatdingo replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Today's offering? Very nice!

And I'm not just saying that because there's been a wee bit of a drought, but it was very well written, I thought.

One part did make me go; "Okay, whatever", but the rest of the story was engaging and interesting.

Well done!

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #67038 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
Hmm. If I imagine colors as sounds, I find that blue is a sine wave, soft and round. Frequency depends on shade; lighter = higher, obviously. Green is more of a triangle wave. Red's a square wave with a bit of crackly static thrown in; fire-like. Orange is like red, but brighter and a little bent; funky. Purple sounds like orange, but no crackle. Yellow sounds like a coin flip if it's a bright shade in a context that calls to mind gold; otherwise it's a sawtooth wave.

Also, thanks for that link to The Hu; these guys are fucking awesome. Clearly Callie should ditch the venerable but cliche genre of hip-hop and instead write her diss tracks as heavy metal Mongolian throat singing. Her enemies will be feeling of the burning.

Dorms of Our Lives, Season 5 (Part 5) wrote: verpiss dich, du Fickfehler!

My first guess about what that might translate to was "Drink piss, dickgargler!" I was a little disappointed when I looked it up and found that it was more of a bland "Fuck you, you fuck-mistake!" Oh well.

Dorms of Our Lives, Season 5 (Part 5) wrote: "There are blind spots in the Security camera network," Laura pointed out, her face all post-box shaped.

I don't understand this one. Is it a blue joke? A reference to the D: emoticon? Both? Something entirely different? Did a lab accident Elrod hasn't written yet leave Laura with an amorphous skull that reconfigures based on her mood?

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Kettlekorn.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #67043 by Katssun
Katssun replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
The scene of Ratel sneaking up to their table because she could tell from their gestures and body language they were discussing a beatdown got me to fully laugh out loud, earning me a funny look or three because I was reading that section in public on my phone.

She's such a good friend to them...Tanya's openness to brawling her the first week really must have made an impression.

But the fact that Ratel could just slip in there isn't a good sign for our heroes' level of awareness. They should be watching out for Spy Kids bugs among others!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, marie7342231, Hardric

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds