× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Dorms of our lives Season 5!

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #67049 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
I have to wonder how Kristen will react to learning the subject of her ire was raised by her favorite Nazi hunter?

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #67098 by Hardric
Hardric replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

mhalpern wrote: I have to wonder how Kristen will react to learning the subject of her ire was raised by her favorite Nazi hunter?

You and me both, I have been waiting for that one since Wahnsinnig began her little circus, which is by now pretty much spitting on everything her heroine fought for and incarnated. hopefully the shock makes her at least pass out on the spot, and still hopefully maybe more. Would be interesting to see her try to switch to servility and flattery after that one, to try to win back back her idol's good graces... But unless the woman herself arrives to dress her down, I expect fierce, demented denial to the idea she talked shit to her beloved Eisenmädel's granddaughter. Or that her idol is married to a son of Abendritten, or the mother of the (fake) Green Cross. And breakdown when denial becomes impossible.

More
1 week 6 days ago #67099 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Hardric wrote:

mhalpern wrote: I have to wonder how Kristen will react to learning the subject of her ire was raised by her favorite Nazi hunter?

You and me both, I have been waiting for that one since Wahnsinnig began her little circus, which is by now pretty much spitting on everything her heroine fought for and incarnated. hopefully the shock makes her at least pass out on the spot, and still hopefully maybe more. Would be interesting to see her try to switch to servility and flattery after that one, to try to win back back her idol's good graces... But unless the woman herself arrives to dress her down, I expect fierce, demented denial to the idea she talked shit to her beloved Eisenmädel's granddaughter. Or that her idol is married to a son of Abendritten, or the mother of the (fake) Green Cross. And breakdown when denial becomes impossible.

or that 3/4ths of the Shadow Hunters, including Eisenmädel had parents that were Nazis

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
1 week 6 days ago #67106 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

Hardric wrote:

Parents Day.

Measure Twice

More
1 week 5 days ago #67123 by Erianaiel
Erianaiel replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

She will live up to her nickname.
Well, she already does, but she will live up to the common translation as well

'Wahnsinnig' is commonly translated as 'crazy' but if you translated the component words literally you would arrive at 'delusional'
A Wahn is a delusion or a fantasm and sinnig translates to sensing. Being wahnsinnig thus means being afflicted with seeing or sensing things that are not real (and the implication is of refusing to accept the word of all others to the contrary).

More
1 week 4 days ago #67141 by konzill
konzill replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!
I too can't wait for Erica to drop the mike ol that one. Honestly I'm expecting it to happen at the end of the challange match. Its a moment that just deserves the largest possible audience.

More
1 week 4 days ago #67145 by joreymay
joreymay replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

null0trooper wrote:

Dreamer wrote: Ngaire can play a rondo with herself, what is a rondo? I tried looking it up but found nothing.

From the context, that could be a double typo for ronda or rota. Ngaire played in round with herself.

Try googling "music form rondo" for more of an explanation, but basically it is a music form with repetitions of the primary theme. a canon is a kind of rondo.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 week 4 days ago #67147 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Dorms of our lives Season 5!

joreymay wrote:

null0trooper wrote:

Dreamer wrote: Ngaire can play a rondo with herself, what is a rondo? I tried looking it up but found nothing.

From the context, that could be a double typo for ronda or rota. Ngaire played in round with herself.

Try googling "music form rondo" for more of an explanation, but basically it is a music form with repetitions of the primary theme. a canon is a kind of rondo.

Good thing that a round is "... (also called a perpetual canon [canon perpetuus] or infinite canon) is a musical composition, a limited type of canon in which a minimum of three voices sing exactly the same melody at the unison..."

I doubt Cally would find a canon that unusual, but Ngaire would be playing it by herself. Pulling off three voices, or the impression thereof, i.e., playing it with herself as the accompanying voices, is likely far more impressive.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds