× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Calibration

More
1 week 5 days ago #66552 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Calibration

Katssun wrote: and the people who are using her are manipulating her further away from sanity. It didn't dawn on me until the end with Sharon, but they're reinforcing her alienation/isolation and ramping up her mania to exploit it for their own end. She's constantly "in danger" that they need to guard her from. Sure, some of the threat is probably real, but she doesn't need bodyguards every time she's outside her room.

Yeah. The end left me wondering whether Sharon might be the one responsible for sending those death threats in the first place, just to spice up the whole "you need protection" thing.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady, Katssun

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #66557 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Calibration

Kettlekorn wrote:

Katssun wrote: and the people who are using her are manipulating her further away from sanity. It didn't dawn on me until the end with Sharon, but they're reinforcing her alienation/isolation and ramping up her mania to exploit it for their own end. She's constantly "in danger" that they need to guard her from. Sure, some of the threat is probably real, but she doesn't need bodyguards every time she's outside her room.

Yeah. The end left me wondering whether Sharon might be the one responsible for sending those death threats in the first place, just to spice up the whole "you need protection" thing.

Why whatever could that operation previously mentioned in the last act be? <.<

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #66558 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Calibration
IIRC, this is all before Jamie's scouting out of people for her mysterious plan, right?

OOOH! Erica's Nano-stuff, is a way to Exemplar without MGC Activation!

Like, how many ways to Exemplify are there without an MGC? There's Spark's XSI... Which is Tech... And then there's all the Magic...

Jobe's Drow Serum...

Jamie could remake her BIT Gun and shoot herself?

We dunno how deep Dr. Bergamot's research went or goes...

Options, options...
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Malady.

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #66559 by Katssun
Katssun replied the topic: Calibration
Is the implication that Jamie might have actually figured out how BITs work, except she's a devisor, so her physical presence is required to make the edits?

edit: I guess the aspect that she's not entirely sane in the first place might play into her breakthrough in the field.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Katssun.

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #66560 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Calibration
Jamie has not figured out how BITs work, but she has a theory. A theory which seems to make sense given what she knows of science, and is made from both data and observations. Her tech is based somewhat on that theory, and seems just as much miss as hit... make of that what you will.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Nagrij.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Mister D, Katssun

More
1 week 4 days ago #66562 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Calibration

Nagrij wrote: Jamie has not figured out how BITs work, but she has a theory. A theory which seems to make sense given what she knows of science, and is made from both data and observations. Her tech is based somewhat on that theory, and seems just as much miss as hit... make of that what you will.

She's a Devisor.

'Nuff said. :D

Measure Twice

More
1 week 4 days ago #66564 by marie7342231
marie7342231 replied the topic: Calibration

Nagrij wrote: Jamie has not figured out how BITs work, but she has a theory. A theory which seems to make sense given what she knows of science, and is made from both data and observations. Her tech is based somewhat on that theory, and seems just as much miss as hit... make of that what you will.

I smell a Gen2 authors plan to build a BIT-altering story similar to Gen1 BIT-slicer. Who would line up for the procedure in Gen2's main characters and who would trust Jamie enough to do it? She seems like a Gen2 Jobe just without the success rate and funding.

More
1 week 4 days ago #66568 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Calibration

marie7342231 wrote:

I smell a Gen2 authors plan to build a BIT-altering story similar to Gen1 BIT-slicer. Who would line up for the procedure in Gen2's main characters and who would trust Jamie enough to do it? She seems like a Gen2 Jobe just without the success rate and funding.

If she got a BIT changer made, she would be her own first client, as her inferiority complex about her own self-image would demand it.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds