× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Laura and the Babysitting Blues

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
1 week 6 days ago #67108 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: Laura and the Babysitting Blues

Dreamer wrote:
-Oh no, Statler and Waldorf.

"I wonder how bad they were," the other asked.

"What makes you think they were bad?" the first spirit asked.

"If they weren't bad, why would their parents punish them by making them sit through this movie?" "Oh, ho, ho, ho, ho!" the pair chuckled.

"In the Muppet Show, Statler and Waldorf criticize the other skits and other Muppets with bad jokes," Karma explained.

"Did she say our jokes are bad?" the first spirit asked.

"She only says that because she hasn't seen the film to compare the jokes to!" "Oh, ho, ho, ho, ho!"

Thank you for this, those two are classics and I love them.

Hehe, believe it or not, those two have been in the Whateley Bible since the beginning, we only just got around to them.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #67109 by Court
Court replied the topic: Laura and the Babysitting Blues

E. E. Nalley wrote:

Dreamer wrote:
-Oh no, Statler and Waldorf.

"I wonder how bad they were," the other asked.

"What makes you think they were bad?" the first spirit asked.

"If they weren't bad, why would their parents punish them by making them sit through this movie?" "Oh, ho, ho, ho, ho!" the pair chuckled.

"In the Muppet Show, Statler and Waldorf criticize the other skits and other Muppets with bad jokes," Karma explained.

"Did she say our jokes are bad?" the first spirit asked.

"She only says that because she hasn't seen the film to compare the jokes to!" "Oh, ho, ho, ho, ho!"

Thank you for this, those two are classics and I love them.

Hehe, believe it or not, those two have been in the Whateley Bible since the beginning, we only just got around to them.

We've seen them before, but I don't remember where. I can't find them in the Wiki, but this is not their first appearance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: E. E. Nalley

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 week 6 days ago #67113 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Laura and the Babysitting Blues
They were mentioned in Part 3 of "Kayda 4: Now the Real Learning Can Begin"

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, Court

More
1 week 5 days ago #67119 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Laura and the Babysitting Blues
Laura needs to gadgeteer the hell up and build herself a caffeine-injecting shock-delivering watchband. Sooner rather than later. Otherwise Bailey's liable to conspire with Bianca and Morgana on an alternative solution. Maybe she'll just get herself a Pillow of Silence, but maybe she'll opt for having them add a flip-and-drench option to Laura's mattress. Best not to gamble.

I wonder if Karma picked up a passenger from the cloak and staff she found.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.

More
1 week 5 days ago #67128 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: Laura and the Babysitting Blues
Maybe a small rolley bot that when she doesnt turn off her alarm rolls up and injects her with a massive dose of devisor coffee

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

More
1 week 5 days ago #67129 by DanZilla
DanZilla replied the topic: Laura and the Babysitting Blues
Yeah... but Morgana keep stealing it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Katssun

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #67136 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: Laura and the Babysitting Blues

null0trooper wrote: They were mentioned in Part 3 of "Kayda 4: Now the Real Learning Can Begin"

I think they showed up in one of Anna and Jerry's dates in "Straight from the Squirrel's Mouth", but I'll have to check.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Schol-R-LEA.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 week 4 days ago #67137 by Schol-R-LEA

null0trooper wrote:

I know that you meant it as a "so loud you can't sleep through it" thing, but given the (true) story that song tells... hmmmn.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #67138 by Schol-R-LEA
As for the (very likely IMAO) theory that Karma is a probability warper, I find it interesting that this is set almost three weeks before "The Trouble with Karma", and no one (including Karma and Imp) had figured out that she'd manifested already, at least partially. That could be some Teela Brown level odds mangling, if her power is actively keeping people from noticing it. Though unlike Teela, she does have some sense of self-preservation, so I dunno.

Especially if it influenced the nickname-turned-codename her mother gave her, from before she had actually manifested... time travel isn't allowable in WA (for anyone other than a GOO, that is, and even the one time we've seen it happen, Gothmog admitted that he was bending the rules in doing so), but what about advance-motion probability waves?

Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
1 week 4 days ago #67142 by Court
Court replied the topic: Laura and the Babysitting Blues
In "The Trouble with Karma", towards the end Karma states "I can manifest,” Karma protested. “Just don’t tell Mama…”

That is very odd phrasing ("can manifest", not "have manifested"), but does indicate that Karma thinks she has powers.

I have never thought about that phrasing before. Could it be that Karma has a Roulette-like selection of powers, without the burnouts?

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds