× Float your latest theory on who is going to be this school year's big bad, piece together plot points to unravel one of the big mysteries, or guess what's coming up next in your favorite stories.

Anything is fair game... just don't complain when someone with more Whateley-verse savvy shoots your theory out of the sky.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create threads or post to existing ones.

Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley

• DanZilla
  • DanZilla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Staff
  • Staff
More
6 days 23 hours ago #67183 by DanZilla
DanZilla created the topic: Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley
A new story by ShadowedSin.. please comment and enjoy...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 days 22 hours ago #67187 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley
Given that hunter in the background, I expected more danger than there was. Like possessing the Principal or something. The way she was described made her seem more dangerous than she was. Yeah, she got Grainne expelled, but didn't just manifest a killer spirit and try to slay her.

Nice first part of the intro! Getting her cleanly split from her hometown, for a smooth transfer to Whateley and stuff!

And given the title, she is actually gonna get to Whateley.

Hmm... Formal arrested, so Red Carded and dropped off like Claude or some of the other Gen2 Juvie kids or whatever?

Hoping that the MCO agents are putting up a facade, and are actually on the up and up...

I'm surprised that Goodkind money is spent on local politics, or is it filtered through some organizations instead of donated directly?

Shipping with Sophia or John, 'cause they're the only viable candidates. Leaning on Sophia 'cause as another mutant, they can be at Whateley together!

Was afraid that Sophia was gonna try and exorcise Morrigan out, after she saw her the first time, but thankfully not!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
6 days 22 hours ago - 6 days 22 hours ago #67188 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley
Character witnesses on the alleged victims?

Edit of course if she escapes after the local MCO tries to disapear her they could be tried with kidnapping, especially if it is after a scheduled court appearance and it is clear in how she escapes that she was still in their custody at the time, that shit gets it kicked up to state, and there are plenty waiting to nail the MCO, and they are in Miles Wylann's (Absinthe's father's) territory

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.
Last Edit: 6 days 22 hours ago by mhalpern.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady

More
6 days 22 hours ago - 6 days 22 hours ago #67189 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley
Lol. You guys are onto some stuff. But a few points are off.

The school is charging her as the attacker, since it's the varsity squad's word against hers. The MCO sees no point in investigating since Fairchild called them.

There are several very rich families in Whatcom, many are Uber conservative.

Scald-Crow - My Whateley Fiction
Last Edit: 6 days 22 hours ago by ShadowedSin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady

More
6 days 20 hours ago - 6 days 20 hours ago #67190 by Court
Court replied the topic: Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley
I was curious, and so googled The Rocky Road to Dublin, and youtube popped up a video by The Dubliners that was utterly incomprehensible. After that, though, it gave an arrangement by The High Kings, which was very good indeed. I posted a link in the Song-Links thread.
Last Edit: 6 days 20 hours ago by Court.

More
6 days 20 hours ago #67192 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley

ShadowedSin wrote: Lol. You guys are onto some stuff. But a few points are off.

The school is charging her as the attacker, since it's the varsity squad's word against hers. The MCO sees no point in investigating since Fairchild called them.

OHH THAT is golden, the burden of proof is on the state, by refusing to investigate, all the defense needs is to draw suspicion on the witnesses for the prosecution, all you need to do is get them to admit to their usual behavior, shouldn't be hard for a decent lawyer as they are teens that wouldn't recognize what they are being asked in cross examination, the other route is catching them in a lie, which can invalidate their testimony, a good lawyer will do both.

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
6 days 19 hours ago - 6 days 19 hours ago #67193 by ShadowedSin

mhalpern wrote:

ShadowedSin wrote: Lol. You guys are onto some stuff. But a few points are off.

OHH THAT is golden, the burden of proof is on the state, by refusing to investigate, all the defense needs is to draw suspicion on the witnesses for the prosecution, all you need to do is get them to admit to their usual behavior, shouldn't be hard for a decent lawyer as they are teens that wouldn't recognize what they are being asked in cross examination, the other route is catching them in a lie, which can invalidate their testimony, a good lawyer will do both.

My dear fellow, look up Gerald Jameson.

Court wrote: I was curious, and so googled The Rocky Road to Dublin, and youtube popped up a video by The Dubliners that was utterly incomprehensible. After that, though, it gave an arrangement by The High Kings, which was very good indeed. I posted a link in the Song-Links thread.

The Kings of Connaught have a good one. I can easily understand the Dubliners. Then again, I lived in Ireland for a summer.

Last Edit: 6 days 19 hours ago by ShadowedSin.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
6 days 19 hours ago #67195 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley

ShadowedSin wrote: The Kings of Connaught have a good one. I can easily understand the Dubliners. Then again, I lived in Ireland for a summer.

I'm fond of The Pogues' "Medley" ( The Recruiting Sergeant / Rocky Road To Dublin / The Galway Races )

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread

• Dreamer
  • Away
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
6 days 18 hours ago #67196 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Scald-Crow 1: The Rocky Road to Whateley Part 1 comments
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhalpern, null0trooper

More
6 days 18 hours ago #67199 by ShadowedSin
Oh Gods, I'm geeking out so much from having Morpheus post thoughts on my story *Fangirls hard*!

That being said, all of your thoughts on this -one- part are seriously sparking ideas. I'm about done with part 3, I need to polish off scene 2. And I'll be ready to tear into Scald 2.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds