× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

Aquerna

More
2 years 1 week ago #49366 by Iwasforger03
Iwasforger03 replied the topic: Aquerna
So it occurs to me... if there's a World Tree at Whateley now... in Norse Mythology, the tree is guarded, or scourged, by a squirrel monster that drives people insane with its chatter and is very malevolent and can go anywhere by climbing the tree...

I wonder if maybe Anna's gonna start to feel some extra juice coming from somewhere... at first she'll think it was those chili dogs she ate before the game (hey, it was that, or let Nate get them), but then...

I am a Sexy Shoeless God of War - So suck it CP!
Dice/Hollow#1
Dice/HollowDiscuss

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
2 years 1 week ago #49369 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Aquerna

Iwasforger03 wrote: So it occurs to me... if there's a World Tree at Whateley now... in Norse Mythology, the tree is guarded, or scourged, by a squirrel monster that drives people insane with its chatter and is very malevolent and can go anywhere by climbing the tree...

Yggdrasil pretty much exists between and among the Nine Worlds, and Ratatoskr mostly bugs the eagle living in the upper branches and the dragon gnawing at the roots with its gossip because the two are too stupid/prideful/etc. to cross-check the tree-rat's stories. That doesn't mean the two trees are the same thing. There's even a good possibility that it would have been a yew instead of ash.

< Insert diatribe against the Sidhe "We originated EVERYTHING except the Bastard" PR machine >

More seriously, it's a sapling that will require decades to centuries to get itself established. It may be more impressive than kudzu, but it's Not There Yet.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #49370 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Aquerna
Although I would love seeing Anna leveling up...

You are missing a crucial difference here. In the Norse mythology, there is a single ridiculously-humongous World Tree, Yggdrasil, that spans the Nine Worlds. In the Whateley Mythos-Lite, there's theoretically any number of World Trees, which are... well, probably quite big, considering the size of the seed, but I doubt they are anywhere in the same scale as Yggdrasil. Maybe redwood-sized, when adult.

Meaning that the World Tree Fey planted in the Grove is NOT Yggdrasil, and therefore Ratatoskr wouldn't necessarily be scampering on its branches.

Also, the tree Nikki planted is just a seedling right now. I expect those trees to grow very slowly. By the time it left the "sapling" stage and can be rightfully worth calling a tree, Anna will probably have graduated. Maybe her great-grandchildren will have graduated.

(Edit: damn, Ninja'd)

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Sir Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #66796 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Aquerna
I wonder if Anna was born on January 21st: Squirrel Appreciation day.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #66797 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Aquerna
No. During Ayla's birthday party (which was January 27), she thinks of...

Straight from the Squirrels Mouth wrote: Anna didn’t say anything to that, because the last birthday party she had was her and four of her friends at her house, having some cake and ice cream and watching a couple movies.

This tells us that her birthday did not fall in the September-January range.

On the other hand, a few chapters before that, her Whateley friends mention that they have to buy her a birthday present. So it was probably getting close. My bet would be on February.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Sir Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA

More
3 weeks 15 hours ago #66840 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Aquerna
Didn't remember that bit. Fun idea though.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds