× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

The Three Little Witches

More
4 years 10 months ago #2646 by Cryptic
Cryptic created the topic: The Three Little Witches
So as I'm using the Three Witches in my Wizard magpie stories, I've ended up puzzling over Abra's power set

She appears to have a facility for injecting Essence into objects:

Abra found that she could use them as functioning enchantment tiles quite nicely by just pumping essence into them. That was, after all, the entire jist of her mutant trait

Is it just me or does this kind of makes her sound like a magical battery charger? Can someone offer up an alternate interpretation of the power?

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #2650 by E M Pisek
E M Pisek replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
From what I've read, it reads to me as if she's an enhancer. She's able to give it more of a boost in its function than a charge, thus enhancing the items capabilities.

As a charger, it would seem that the item would last for a longer period of time.

What is - was. What was - is.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by E M Pisek.

More
4 years 9 months ago #5144 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
Forking from my Scrying Thread:

Dreamer wrote:

Arcanist Lupus wrote: Doesn't she also have a large dog familiar? Or was that the third witch, whose name escapes me?

Nope, that is Clover. Large dog familiar and probability warper. Abracadabra can inject essence into object, one mention was of her using something as enchantment tiles by doing so. And Palantir can manifest the ball used for scrying, getting information, other things, even translating tomes of arcane lore written in unknown [to her] languages, as well as grow big for her to ride around on. The limits of its scrying are unknown and not stated in any of the stories, nor in her wiki entry.

So, what are enchantment tiles?

More
4 years 9 months ago #5179 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
Abra becoming a chrager/booster of objects would make sense in terms of character development.

One friend, who is a guitarist, was shown the Rock Video game that uses a guitar style controller, by his friend, who had been playing it for a year to get good at this game. It was only when the guitarist said that if his friend had spent the same amount of time practising a real guitar rather than a toy, then he'd have been able to go gigging.

In the same way, if they spent time practising essence storage in objects so they could make a business selling essence batteries.

At least one of them has already started on the magical fixer route...

Measure Twice

More
4 years 9 months ago #5784 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
Buttons is giving me grief trying to figure out what powers to give him.
I can't figure out if he should be listed as a limited shape shifter (Little Dog/Medium Dog/Big Dog forms) or a size warper, and if he has magic in his own right or maybe other powers.

Anyone have any idea what a "Gabriel Hound's" power set should be?

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #5786 by Malady

Cryptic wrote: Buttons is giving me grief trying to figure out what powers to give him.
I can't figure out if he should be listed as a limited shape shifter (Little Dog/Medium Dog/Big Dog forms) or a size warper, and if he has magic in his own right or maybe other powers.

Anyone have any idea what a "Gabriel Hound's" power set should be?

Gabriel Hound - Shadowrun

It is rumored that gabriel hounds possess the ability to freeze a person in terror, and conceal themselves with unnatural stealth.

Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Malady.

More
4 years 9 months ago #5800 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
As far as I know, Buttons is just a Familiar.

Don't Drick and Drive.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #9202 by Malady
Found it! [ Click to expand ]

whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/revi...s-limits-please#5114

Kristin Darken wrote: The three don't have lit wells yet. They play at being witches.. they aren't casting real spells outside of class where they are given the essence to power the assigned practice spells. As part of the completion of spring intro to magick, they will get to light their wells... but will then have to workon building any reasble amount of essence

Now, I'm wondering 'why' they get lit wells. Is it from some grand revelation? Or just 'cause they're just old enough for their Wiz Traits to get the needed essence? ... How will their personalities change? Hmm...

Was it said somewhere, that they all failed Intro Magic once? Or perhaps that was some other students, and some other classes?
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Malady.

More
4 years 6 months ago #12610 by Malady
Does Pally play GEO? 'Cause she mentioned it here:

“I’ll bet that that rock is some sort of power nexus, like in Good & Evil Online!” Pally hopped up and down with excitement.

Or does she just know about GEO power nexuses from osmosis?

More
4 years 6 months ago #12636 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
That she calls a "font" a power nexus suggests that her knowledge is at least one hand removed... no gamer seriously playing one specific game uses another game's terminology for things like that. Portals, teleporting, gates, mana, and so forth show up in LOTs of games... but you can't mix and match the specific terms used for them without veteran players calling you out on it.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds