× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

The Three Little Witches

More
3 years 11 months ago #20143 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/revi...s-limits-please#5114

Kristin Darken wrote: The three don't have lit wells yet. They play at being witches.. they aren't casting real spells outside of class where they are given the essence to power the assigned practice spells. As part of the completion of spring intro to magick, they will get to light their wells... but will then have to workon building any reasble amount of essence

So, all three are in Intro to Magical Arts? I guess Grimes separated them so they're less trouble, with Pally in Phase's section.

Now, the question on my mind is are Abracadabra and Clover in one Magic Intro together? Or separated as well? The latter would mean that there's a third section of Magic Intro...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #20561 by Malady
Hmm... Did they lose access to the Kirby Library's magic section after their failed attempt on Hellfire Sheba? Or did they manage to hide the fact that the found it from Grimes? ... And even if they managed to hide it once, if they openly use stuff from the library, Grimes'll know that they got in...

Tricky to find a way to get them to do the shenanigans I want... ... Might as well reuse the "Tansy binds them into obedience with a deal." ...

In whateleyacademy.net/index.php/content-me...ger-s-list-chapter-4

Rebecca took in the unconscious form of Simone near by who hung on a pair of stone pillars like a sacrifice, then back to the Three Little Witches. “From where I stand you are the ones holding our friends prisoner,” she said softly.

Is Foxfire actually friends, or even amicable, with the TLW? They're targetted her for essence-draining at least twice! ... Then again, that's "just the cost of being a mage" perhaps?
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Malady.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #28034 by Malady
... Clover has an Aunt Muriel. ... The Wickhams have a Muriel... Clover's last name isn't mentioned 'cause she's Clover Estelle Wickham?? ... If so, she also has magical lineage?

... Clover's a Luck Manipulator... Mapcap's possibly a luck manipulator... Clover = Madcap??!? ... ... No, the timing's all wrong. ... Unless Clover has a twin with the same powerset???
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Malady.

More
3 years 6 months ago #28036 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
Not a twin, Clover is too young. An older, sister, perhaps?

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 years 6 months ago #28091 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
Hmmm, I like that theory Malady. but if that was the case then why hasn't Greeny sniffed her out and apprenticed her? Then again, maybe she doesn't want Clover's Probability mess giving the Deal Maker a loophole.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
3 years 1 month ago #35536 by Malady
Is Clover even a Wiz?

Pally has her Orb, Abra has Essence Injection, but what does Clover have? Unless Buttons is the effect of her Wiz trait??

More
3 years 1 month ago #35540 by Otherself
Otherself replied the topic: The Three Little Witches

Malady wrote: Is Clover even a Wiz?

Pally has her Orb, Abra has Essence Injection, but what does Clover have? Unless Buttons is the effect of her Wiz trait??

Buttons is her familiar, that's a strong indication that she's a mage, and honestly, if she hadn't a wiz trait do you think they would waste time trying to teach her?

More
3 years 1 month ago #35544 by Malady
^ :wall: ... Right! ... *sigh* ... Not all Wizes can light their well by themselves and stuff. Even if she's a Wiz, she still might not have enough essence to do any Cool Stuff...

But, if so, that means she's a low level Wiz,'cause at around 3 or so, she should be getting enough to do Cool Stuff?

Unless Wiz strength is also governed by age, like most other traits? So even if she's a Wiz 5, she's getting less ess than she would if she were older???

Not all Wizes get enhanced Ess draw, IIRC. As long as you've got some magic in your mutancy, it's a good idea to take Magic 101, and like Diamondback, you could do magic like a baseline at Whateley if you wanted?

Do they have an ... All of the Junior Highs have Grimes as their Academic Advisor??

More
3 years 1 month ago #35545 by Esar
Esar replied the topic: The Three Little Witches

Malady wrote: Unless Wiz strength is also governed by age, like most other traits? So even if she's a Wiz 5, she's getting less ess than she would if she were older???

It seems so, some quotes from TLW :

“Clover?” Al-Feyez cut in. “The little girl with the blonde curls? Why would you be so cautious about setting her off?”

“Clover’s a Probability Warper, combined with a magical talent,” Grimes explained.

“Yes, I know, I know- the rule is, the younger a mutant manifests her trait, the more powerful that trait is. Fortunately, we have a few years to give Clover a little discipline before her power really kicks in. Anyway, as I was saying, Clover’s too young to be going to the Halloween party, and Mrs. Nelson will be sitting for her-”

More
3 years 1 month ago #35546 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: The Three Little Witches

Malady wrote: ^ :wall: ... Right! ... *sigh* ... Not all Wizes can light their well by themselves and stuff. Even if she's a Wiz, she still might not have enough essence to do any Cool Stuff...

But, if so, that means she's a low level Wiz,'cause at around 3 or so, she should be getting enough to do Cool Stuff?

Unless Wiz strength is also governed by age, like most other traits? So even if she's a Wiz 5, she's getting less ess than she would if she were older???

Not all Wizes get enhanced Ess draw, IIRC. As long as you've got some magic in your mutancy, it's a good idea to take Magic 101, and like Diamondback, you could do magic like a baseline at Whateley if you wanted?

Do they have an ... All of the Junior Highs have Grimes as their Academic Advisor??

Remember that Kayda had problems gathering and holding on to her essence just because the magic she was using wasn't coming her well, and her well was lit. I think Beginning Finger Wiggling 101 is required for all the casting Wiz class mutants, because even Fey had to learn how Essence worked, she had a huge advantage in gathering and learning how to hold on to it, but she still had to learn.

I think Grimes may be the equivalent of the Jr. High "Dean," but the kids have advisors in their specialties or at least area of Powers. <3 would have a Advanced Tech advisor. Cee Cee probably has a generic advisor or one of the Brick instructors.

Don't Drick and Drive.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds