× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

The Three Little Witches

More
3 years 1 month ago #35547 by Ametros
Ametros replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
They might have reasonable Wiz traits. They might not. If they did, it's my understanding that they might not be able to hold a sufficient amount together to light their well, or to do anything beyond that. Do any of them strike you as disciplined, even for their age? Then there's the fact that even if they get some amount of essence, they're intent on using it, aren't they? Even then they're undecided as to how to use it. They just refuse to acknowledge the fact that they need to do the boring stuff before the fun begins - aside from the fun they have during their capers.

Seriously, thank you for your time and effort. It is appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #35554 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
Ametros... You make me so sad that I haven't figured out how to get the CMC from MLP into the Whateley-verse in a sensible manner! But, Luck Manipulator... So many crack fic options...

Guys... That makes sense. Even if they were all 7s, with Royal Sidhe Draws like Fey... Ugh. Another MicroScene Idea there...

Anyway, even if that, if they can't hold onto enough to cast Cool Stuff, well, they can't. And Wells aren't lit just by Ess Pressure, presumably.

*sigh* They've got Lit Wells in Year 2. I still have no idea how that changes them... It means that Grimes feels they deserve lit wells? Or that if 'she' didn't light their wells, they'd try other ways to get Lit? mmm...

More
3 years 1 month ago #35560 by Kaitha39
Kaitha39 replied the topic: The Three Little Witches

Valentine wrote: I think Grimes may be the equivalent of the Jr. High "Dean," but the kids have advisors in their specialties or at least area of Powers. <3 would have a Advanced Tech advisor. Cee Cee probably has a generic advisor or one of the Brick instructors.

I interpreted the parts of Canon talking about Tansy's punishment (looking after the JH students after she beat the life out of Greasy) as outright stating that Grimes is in charge of all of the JH students.

The first few paragraphs of "A pocket full of Tansy" implies so, for one.

Any stories or Characters I put out are available to write around. Feel free to borrow them!

More
3 years 1 month ago #35618 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: The Three Little Witches

Kaitha39 wrote:

Valentine wrote: I think Grimes may be the equivalent of the Jr. High "Dean," but the kids have advisors in their specialties or at least area of Powers. <3 would have a Advanced Tech advisor. Cee Cee probably has a generic advisor or one of the Brick instructors.

I interpreted the parts of Canon talking about Tansy's punishment (looking after the JH students after she beat the life out of Greasy) as outright stating that Grimes is in charge of all of the JH students.

The first few paragraphs of "A pocket full of Tansy" implies so, for one.

Being in charge doesn't mean that she is their advisor though. After all how much does Grimes know about <insert Star Trekian Techno Babble here>?

Don't Drick and Drive.

More
3 years 1 month ago #35687 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
A lit Well is still a sieve and not a 'secure' container. It's just a sieve that attracts Essence instead of a completely inert sieve.

The less mental discipline you have, the less Essence can accumulate in your Well even if it is lit... and thus, the harder it is for even higher ranked Wiz mutants to self-light the spark in their Well. It would be pointless to light the well of most junior high students (and even a lot of high school aged). They simply don't have the mental discipline needed to contain enough Essence to avoid a little wishful thinking snuffing out their pilot light. One of the best advantages most Wiz mutants have going for them is that they often also have mental Exemplar abilities... and the added intelligence and force of Will that comes from that trait complements the boost in Essence accumulation they get from their Wiz trait.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #35715 by Malady
... So... That confirmed nothing, while still being very informative! :lol:

Grimes could still just light the TLW to stop them from trying other things, instead of thinking they're truly ready for it, even though, given that info, the implication is that Grimes thinks that they're ready.

Implication is never confirmation... :lol:

Can't get it into Wiki on Essence... Leave for tomorrow.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Malady.

More
3 years 1 month ago #35745 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
Grimes could help them light their Wells... the question remaining is, are they capable to KEEP their Wells lit? We know it's possible for a Well to "go out" due to overuse of Essence, and apparently it's even harder to re-lit it than to get it lit the first time.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
3 years 1 month ago #35747 by elrodw
elrodw replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
I can neither confirm nor deny that their wells being lit or unlit is or is not a part of certain plot elements associated with or not associated with Danny or Wondercute or Kayda or Knockoff or Kodiak or the Don or Mr. Donner.

Now that that's cleared up ..... :lol:

Never give up, Never surrender! Captain Peter Quincy Taggert

More
3 years 1 month ago #35757 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: The Three Little Witches
On the bright side, the recent discussions about Essence and Wells and Wiz mutants seems to have finally clarified everything people need to know about traditional Western post-Sundering evolved magick in teh WU. Then we can 'break' you all again by getting into pre-Sundering magick with Caitlyn... and modern non-traditional magick.

After all... if Ito can use mutant students to strip down martial arts to its core essentials... what's stopping the Magick Arts dept from taking advantage of having the Artificer, a Sidhe Court level wizard, a 'true' shaman, and several young mages with strong Essence accumulation as test students at the same time?

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #35837 by Malady

Kristin Darken wrote: On the bright side, the recent discussions about Essence and Wells and Wiz mutants seems to have finally clarified everything people need to know about traditional Western post-Sundering evolved magick in teh WU. Then we can 'break' you all again by getting into pre-Sundering magick with Caitlyn... and modern non-traditional magick.

Wait... What did we learn?? ... All magic needs power, but not all magic power is Essence? There's tons of different power sources, like Malkuthian, Olympic, (Okay, all those might be Essence) Demon / Sprit powered, etc and only traditional magic focuses on Essence and spells being effects formed using willpower?

... For example, Kayda's Tea can even be used by the TLW with their low magic / training / Ess.

... I think that's it?
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Malady.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds