× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

Shisa

More
1 year 9 months ago #58663 by Cryptic
Cryptic created the topic: Shisa
Does Gen2's, really any year's, cat girl trigger any allergies? (I know it's likely on a case by case / as story warrants basis)

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #58666 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Shisa
Dont know but one thing is certain, despite having severe full body GSD, she probably has the easiest time blending in...

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
1 year 9 months ago #58688 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Shisa
Possibly, but it wouldn't be cat hair allergies. People who have this allergy are actually allergic to things that stick to the hair, not the hair itself - its the proteins in their dander, saliva, urine, etc. Cat-girls and even cat shaped girls... are still human mutants and the proteins in their body parts aren't going to be the same as a cat's. However, they might not be the same as a regular human's either. This could mean good or bad things...one, people with dander allergies to cats OR humans could have no reaction at all to the cat girl. OR... people who no allergy to either cat or human danders might find themselves allergic to the cat girl.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

More
1 year 9 months ago #58693 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Shisa
I think Shisa is one of the most tragic characters in all of Whateley. She'll never be able to have a normal life, go on dates, have kids. She will be bullied by people that learn her secret. I can see a story about some jackass throwing her in a pen with a tomcat, so they can "get her laid".

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 year 9 months ago #58696 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Shisa

Rose Bunny wrote: I think Shisa is one of the most tragic characters in all of Whateley. She'll never be able to have a normal life, go on dates, have kids. She will be bullied by people that learn her secret.

Ebon Scale has children, though with IVF that might not be the difficult part.

Rose Bunny wrote: I can see a story about some jackass throwing her in a pen with a tomcat, so they can "get her laid".

Hm. It's Whateley. I can picture a story where that goes horribly wrong for the jerk.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
1 year 9 months ago #58698 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Shisa

null0trooper wrote: Ebon Scale has children, though with IVF that might not be the difficult part.

But Ebon is larger than a human, and is oviparous as well.

Shisa is the size and physical shape of a house cat. Additionally, a newborn baby is about the same size as she is.
That brings up all sorts of issues about how she would take care of a humanoid baby.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

More
1 year 9 months ago #58699 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: Shisa

Rose Bunny wrote:

null0trooper wrote: Ebon Scale has children, though with IVF that might not be the difficult part.

But Ebon is larger than a human, and is oviparous as well.

Shisa is the size and physical shape of a house cat. Additionally, a newborn baby is about the same size as she is.
That brings up all sorts of issues about how she would take care of a humanoid baby.

Yeah, Shisa certainly seems to be condemned to a life that makes her exceedingly lonely. After all she most likely will be unable to communicate fully except with her telepathy and her chances of a meaningful relationship leading to children certainly seems to be nil given what we've seen of her so far.

More
1 year 9 months ago #58702 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Shisa
Shisa is hardly unique regarding the lack of physically compatible potential sexual partners. Consider Razorback, for instance. And wasn't there a student made of light?

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valentine

More
1 year 9 months ago #58703 by Katssun
Katssun replied the topic: Shisa
Prior to the readers learning about Home where Sapphire is from, there really wasn't any place we were really aware of that mutants with severe GSD could really live and even pretend to have a normal life.

There were the more tolerant cities around the US, hero/villain organizations and freelancing, parts of Australia, or supporting the biz on either side. That was really about it. No places where someone might want to be a rancher or farmer, be a banker or financial analyst, or work in health care.

Looking at Pinball, not even the pretties can really hope for a completely normal life. She wanted to be an architect. So GSD only makes it worse.

But it isn't just her GSD that makes Shisa so tragic. Her size (Teri's too) put even further constraints on what she can do for a living. Maybe Shisa some keyboard focused jobs? Stay at Whateley as an adviser?

More
1 year 9 months ago #58705 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: Shisa

Sir Lee wrote: Shisa is hardly unique regarding the lack of physically compatible potential sexual partners. Consider Razorback, for instance. And wasn't there a student made of light?

Fubar, Grabby, Puppet, and probably others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Don't Drick and Drive.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds