× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

Shisa

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #58706 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: Shisa
The canon version of Tink, unless she's different from the original and can change size.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Schol-R-LEA.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #58709 by JG
JG replied the topic: Shisa
looking like a cat, or dog or any other animal would be a special form of hell.

you're automatically relegated to the status of "someone's talking pet." You will never gain more social status or respect.

Even the monsters would be considered more human than you. Bacon would be arrested, taken to court and jailed. Shisa's most likely fate would be an animal shelter or a research lab.

we will ignore the likelihood of ANYONE taking instruction or orders from a housecat.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 year 9 months ago #58710 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Shisa

Rose Bunny wrote:

null0trooper wrote: Ebon Scale has children, though with IVF that might not be the difficult part.

But Ebon is larger than a human, and is oviparous as well.

Shisa is the size and physical shape of a house cat. Additionally, a newborn baby is about the same size as she is. That brings up all sorts of issues about how she would take care of a humanoid baby.

Humans don't lay eggs, so there's some hope that gestation and early development would be compatible with the mother's form. Otherwise, every conception would result in miscarriages around week 16. Marsupials are born very young, so there may be a chance for a "normal" birth, with a long nursing period. If the kittens grow too large before they can be weaned, the energy cost of nursing will require bottle feeding to supplment it ("in the wild" this would be a lethal mutation) It would seem that a full-time partner if not an entire tribe would be needed to support the offspring surviving to adulthood.

The question is whether Shisa would want to play Eve to a species of tool-using telepathic felines with the mental capacity of a child.

Also, the consequences of them escaping to the wild might be steep, but that's how Mama Gaia rolls.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 year 9 months ago #58711 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Shisa

JG wrote: we will ignore the likelihood of ANYONE taking instruction or orders from a housecat.

Considering how many people take orders from the voices in their head, PLUS the lengths some people will go to accommodate their "fur babies", I'd say you're being optimistic.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valentine

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #58712 by JG
JG replied the topic: Shisa
No well-adjusted individual would take orders from a cat. and no unstable person would be safe for her to interact with.

my assessment is extremely cynical
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by JG.

More
1 year 9 months ago #58713 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: Shisa

JG wrote: No well-adjusted individual would take orders from a cat. and no unstable person would be safe for her to interact with.

my assessment is extremely cynical

You clearly don't live with cats then, because they are obeyed all the time....

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
1 year 9 months ago #58714 by Domoviye
Domoviye replied the topic: Shisa

Anne wrote: Shisa certainly seems to be condemned to a life that makes her exceedingly lonely. After all she most likely will be unable to communicate fully except with her telepathy and her chances of a meaningful relationship leading to children certainly seems to be nil given what we've seen of her so far.

When did Shisa get telepathy? I caught up on all the stories in the last 3 weeks, but I must have missed that scene.

And I'm in agreement that her life would be lonely, because not only does she have the speech and body problem, but as was shown in her first big appearance she doesn't live with her family.

As for allergies, she doesn't strike me as the type of person to lick herself, so the most common allergy wouldn't be a problem. If I was writing her, I'd go with what fit the story or was funniest.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #58715 by Schol-R-LEA

Domoviye wrote:

Anne wrote: Shisa certainly seems to be condemned to a life that makes her exceedingly lonely. After all she most likely will be unable to communicate fully except with her telepathy and her chances of a meaningful relationship leading to children certainly seems to be nil given what we've seen of her so far.

When did Shisa get telepathy? I caught up on all the stories in the last 3 weeks, but I must have missed that scene.

I don't think we've heard anything about Shisa's powers - I get the impression she really doesn't have any, just the physical changes. I think people are confusing her with Telekat, who was one of the two cat-girls introduced in "Myriad Meetings" shortly after Tanya met Shisa (the final one was Mad Cat, who was described as a teleporter but nothing else was said about her powers).

Actually, even with Telekat, we don't know if she has telepathy, as all she mentioned was telekinesis (her conversation with Reinforce gives the impression that she might be a devisor or gadgeteer as well, though the shock wand could easily be a holdout that she bought or was given). Her 'assessment' of Invictus might have been telepathic, but it seemed more just careful observation (followed by careless banter).

Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Schol-R-LEA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domoviye, Malady

More
1 year 9 months ago #58721 by Domoviye
Domoviye replied the topic: Shisa
That makes sense.
For a moment there I thought I'd missed something important.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #65165 by Schol-R-LEA
Has their been any speculation as to whether Shisa is an Avatar, an Exemplar, a CTA victim, or that there was any other possible cause of her transformation other than 'actual' (i.e., genetic) GSD?

I'm specifically wondering if she might be hosting a spirit along the lines a Cait Sith or a Bakeneko, or even a named spirit such as Tybalt (though I would expect her to be male - possibly as a changeling - if the latter).

Conversely, should could have a Faerie mutation, in which case she could actually be a Cait Sith.

Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Schol-R-LEA.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds