× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

Shisa

More
1 year 1 week ago #65168 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Shisa
If it's a case like Razorback where BIIIIG spirit in tiny hallow... one would have to wonder just HOW BIG a cat spirit it is, in terms of stature. Of course, we know one famous feline spirit is probably spoken for.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 year 1 week ago #65175 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Shisa

Rose Bunny wrote: If it's a case like Razorback where BIIIIG spirit in tiny hallow... one would have to wonder just HOW BIG a cat spirit it is, in terms of stature. Of course, we know one famous feline spirit is probably spoken for.

Many more to come?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
1 year 1 week ago #65188 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Shisa
Well, it's not likely to be Bast, anyway. Bast is a goddess, not a run-of-the-mill spirit, and acts through Paladins such as Miyet, not Avatars. Unless something pretty serious happened to her between Gen1 and Gen2... not really out of the realms of possibility, considering the big confrontation with the Bastard and other Mythos baddies due to happen sometime. Bast might have got mixed up on that and came out seriously weakened... enough to resort to hiding in an Avatar.to recover. Pretty much any Avatar would be too weak to house Bast without consequences.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 year 1 week ago #65198 by JG
JG replied the topic: Shisa
My assessment is that Shisa is pretty much living in a kafka-esque hell from her perspective.

Even razorback would have an easier time convincing a random cop that he was an actual person with rights under the law than Shisa would.

She may be adorable, but for the human psyche being stuck as a small animal would be extremely harmful no matter what the ultimate cause.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Schol-R-LEA, Mister D, null0trooper

More
1 year 6 days ago #65237 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Shisa

JG wrote: My assessment is that Shisa is pretty much living in a kafka-esque hell from her perspective.

Even razorback would have an easier time convincing a random cop that he was an actual person with rights under the law than Shisa would.

She may be adorable, but for the human psyche being stuck as a small animal would be extremely harmful no matter what the ultimate cause.

I'm not sure if it's Canon or Non-Canon Extended Fiction, but there was one story about an Avatar who changed almost completely into a canine form.

IIRC it was only when they came into contact with a WA student with psychic powers that made the student realise that it wasn't just a stray dog, but something more. I think that the student was going to introduce them to Louis as a way of getting a better grip on what had happened.

Measure Twice

More
1 year 6 days ago #65241 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: Shisa
Are you thinking of the one I wrote? Nowhereville or A Boy Named Kelly were the titles I posted parts of it under.... Of course Kelly has the honor of hosting the Trickster.... er Coyote!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
1 year 6 days ago #65246 by Sir Lee
No, I think I remember the story Mister D mentioned. I think it was back in the old site, possibly in one of the "Timeout" tales by John from Wauwatosa.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #65357 by elrodw
elrodw replied the topic: Shisa
That was the theme of one of Morpheus' Twisted universe tales. Don't remember which one, but one poor guy, when he got his Twist, he ended up looking like a dog. A talking dog. Only Twisted kids recognized him (he saved them from an angry mob, actually) and took him home, where dad (also twisted, IIRC) got him a job as a police-dog. The town was a sanctuary for twisted, so it was not a big deal there.

Never give up, Never surrender! Captain Peter Quincy Taggert

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #65358 by Sir Lee
Elrod is right, that's the one I half-remembered. Morpheus, not John from Wauwatosa.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #65372 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Shisa
If she was bigger I'd suggest a Sphinx spirit fit her look, or at least how I picture her.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds