× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

Rescuing Sara Waite

More
1 year 9 months ago #59063 by rcaffin
rcaffin created the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Is no-one going to rescue Sara? To be sure, she is bound in a circle, but I can think of ways around that. Whateley needs her back!

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #59064 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite

rcaffin wrote: Is no-one going to rescue Sara? To be sure, she is bound in a circle, but I can think of ways around that. Whateley needs her back!

Cheers

Several OOC methods have been discussed in the microscene thread. However until she starts complaining to her author that she has spent far too much time bound on Tyvek we probably will see no more of Sara.
The sad thing is that when a character has been in hiatus as long as Sara it is easier to leave them in limbo than to reintegrate them with the new reality. One part of which is that Team Kimba is doing their best to lay low (mostly due to their author being further in hiatus than Sara's) and there has been a new order initiated by Wyatt... Among other problems. If you look closely in the micro-scene thread you may see some of the ideas I've had about what might have happened to Speakeasy...:sick:

More
1 year 9 months ago #59066 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Actually, the way Sara has been taken out of the scene might make it easier to reintegrate her back.
I mean, if, say, Renae showed up tomorrow and wanted to pick up Paige and Petra, she would have to figure out what they have been doing for the last ten months or so, in a way that's not incompatible with whatever mentions the other authors have made to the characters (not many, but there are a few), and (likely) fast forward through it. A little bit like J.G. had to do with the Outcasts and Murphy.
OTOH, If Bender wants to bring Sara back, she can jump right into the present day, no filler needed (well, some filler for the December through... April? period where she was still in campus. But that's a fixed amount, not growing every day). A mostly off-camera "welcome back" where she is told everything that happened while she was away, and she's good to go.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marie7342231

More
1 year 9 months ago #59069 by rcaffin
rcaffin replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
OK, I am a newbie to the Forum, but I have just about every storied issued saved on file. Really fun stuff!

Are you telling me that no-one intends to handle anything about the battle with The Bastard? The whole scene is to be abandoned? APPALLING! What a lost opportunity for total mayhem!

To be sure, someone locked in a circle cannot be detected by magic - or so the story goes. BUT when this happens, there has to be a bit of a Null Hole left in the immediate vicinity of the bit of paper. The Laws of Magic do not permit perfect concealment: there are always defects.
Equally, it should not be impossible to detect Sara using a non-magical means. For instance, I am sure both Paige & Petra are missing her: is their link with Sara annulled by the circle? Muffled perhaps, but not totally blocked.
Then there is Gypsy, who is also linked to Sara. A good Q is whether the Tarot cards belong entirely within the realm of magic - one could argue that they do not. At the least, they could provide some guidance.
Chou is linked to the Tao, and I doubt the Tao is keen on losing such a major player in the balance. Can the Tapestry can provide any clues via Chou?
Finally, Jade - also linked very mysteriously to another Demon. Can the mistress of Chaos do anything? Heh heh - surely!

Cheers

More
1 year 9 months ago #59070 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite

rcaffin wrote: Are you telling me that no-one intends to handle anything about the battle with The Bastard? The whole scene is to be abandoned? APPALLING! What a lost opportunity for total mayhem!

Not no one, but rather some ones who aren't necessarily in Team Kimba. The Bastard is the intended target of the Atlantean League, after all. There's also a mention in one of the between-years stories in which Kodiak thinks he's done with The Bastard. One hopes he wasn't interred at HPARC.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
1 year 9 months ago #59071 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Oh, sure there are plans for the Bastard. The Atlantean League was formed for that express purpose.

But, on a meta level, without an author some characters become a problem for the setting -- because they are very powerful, it easily becomes an issue of "why won't they ask such-and-such for help?" So, they had to be taken from center stage in some way. Fey was nerfed, Sara was put on a bus (check TVtropes for the reference, and come back when you can dig yourself out of that time sink in, oh... a month or two). Heyoka was killed off, although not really because they was too powerful, but because their role had become somewhat redundant with the introduction of Kayda. Ayla and Tennyo are still a bit of a hindrance to the writers, but they are easier to work around, so they are just "keeping quiet" with the rest of Team Kimba.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 year 9 months ago #59072 by rcaffin
rcaffin replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Not wishing to be hugely argumentative, but not convinced and not happy.

Yes, the Atlantean League is meant to have the Bastard as a target, but frankly I do not trust The Committee (or Hardass for that matter). The secrecy surrounding the League and how it is being kept from TK is, to my mind, a worry. Regardless, why kill off TK? Why indeed!

Sara was commissioned by Carson to find the malign influence within Whateley, and there have been a few veiled references to him. It does not seem that anyone is bothering about this any more. And that despite the obvious potential for disaster from this character.

Then there are the 1000 weres reaching the Reservation just as they are needed to deal with the Voodoo Wolves. What about them?

It just seems to me that there are so many loose ends which could be turned into wonderful stories - before that huge time jump is made. So many opportunities just going to waste. So many opportunities for - well, mayhem!

Cheers
PS: do I have to deal with a captcha with every posting still?

More
1 year 9 months ago #59073 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
During the Whateley-con Discord fun Dr. Bender popped in and says she has plans for Sara and some of her pack, like Jet, for instance. As far as the rest of Kimba, Hank really is the only one with an author around. The others pop up in his escapades. When it comes to why Nikki and the others are excluded from the League, reasons have been given. The Reverend stated that he wanted Nikki left out of it. Chao was thought to be too big a wildcard, Billie is the nuclear option to everything, including jaywalking. Too much potential for global catastrophic damage.

There have been valid reasons given in most cases as to why write-arounds were done on Kimba... The Necromancer and Hekate have gotten their asses handed to them by Fae, so their on campus plans are to avoid her.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

More
1 year 9 months ago #59075 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite

rcaffin wrote: Sara was commissioned by Carson to find the malign influence within Whateley, and there have been a few veiled references to him. It does not seem that anyone is bothering about this any more. And that despite the obvious potential for disaster from this character.

Other than Grimes, Kayda, Carson, Totem, The Don, Tansy, and Circe, you're right.

Sara has her suspicions (which may have been confirmed), as does Bluejay. Knowing as much about the Kellith as HM does, it's been a slow-paced cat-and-mouse game between them.

rcaffin wrote: It just seems to me that there are so many loose ends which could be turned into wonderful stories - before that huge time jump is made. So many opportunities just going to waste. So many opportunities for - well, mayhem!

TK doesn't even graduate until 2010. Team Absinthe has another year after that. Team Awesome comes close to being around when the Mutant Mayhem Machine around. The world doesn't end with Kayda "I'm by no means a mere freshman!" Franks' graduation. :)

They haven't even gotten around to breaking ground on the <some person with influential parents> memorial confidence course used by the Flying Club for a number of years.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
1 year 9 months ago #59077 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite

rcaffin wrote: Is no-one going to rescue Sara? To be sure, she is bound in a circle, but I can think of ways around that. Whateley needs her back!

Cheers

There have been several scenes dealing with the search for Sara. I'm sure that Jet is spending all her spare time looking for her, Hippy too, and the rest of her Pack. Jade probably does too.

The problem is the scale of the search area. The school covers several square miles of area, and is filled with a near unmappable warren of tunnels and rooms.

Don't Drick and Drive.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds