× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

Rescuing Sara Waite

• E. E. Nalley
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59753 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Ok guys, very punny. You've cut us all with your rapier wits, so now let's get back on topic please. :roflmao:

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59755 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
If Sara was rescued, what effects would she have on the plots at large... And then we have to account for when she would be rescued... During Gen1, Gen2, in-between, or Gen3 (+)...

Doing it real late might be easiest to write, needing to not account for anything in previous Gens other than tech and society changes?

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59756 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite

Malady wrote: If Sara was rescued, what effects would she have on the plots at large... And then we have to account for when she would be rescued... During Gen1, Gen2, in-between, or Gen3 (+)...

Doing it real late might be easiest to write, needing to not account for anything in previous Gens other than tech and society changes?

There was a possible scene posted in the forum with Mrs. Carson visiting Dr. Otto, so at least one of the ideas being kicked around is pre-Gen2, not that dates matter much to Great Old Ones and their spawn.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #59764 by RoseBlack
RoseBlack replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Actually it was his tank on treads with armor and guns lol.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #66855 by JulesMorrison
JulesMorrison replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread but dammit, somebody save Sara! Or I'll have to try a proper evocation and see if I can't pull her over into IRL and she can sort it herself
:evil:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by JulesMorrison.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #66863 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Well, Bender is around and reportedly doing some writing, so... it's possible.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #66869 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite

Sir Lee wrote: Well, Bender is around and reportedly doing some writing, so... it's possible.

That's great news.

I hope that all is well with her. :D

Measure Twice

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #66872 by JulesMorrison
JulesMorrison replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Awesomepossum :-D My best wishes to her.

More
2 weeks 9 hours ago #66886 by lighttech
lighttech replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Last I heard from her in a chat and PM was 'Working on it"

I took that to mean, "trying to get back on the horse and figure out the new Gen plots?"

But she did make some rather funny comments on my fan fic over at Big Closet! (love them!!!)

Part of the WA Drow clan/ collective
Author of Vantier and Shadowsblade on Bigcloset
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
1 week 6 days ago #66891 by Erianaiel
Erianaiel replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
The problem with Sara is that she needs to be depowered some (or a lot) before she can be brought back into the story. A problem she shares with several of the Kimba's.

A creative writer of course can work around the problem but her power is such that The Bastard / The Dark Man needs several orders of magnitude of power boost to be a credible threat for Zulu. Which puts him into the range of 'can split the world with his pinky if not careful'. Or the general powerlevel of the Kimba's needs to be toned down to match his.

It makes writing Sara (or Fey or Tenyo) very challenging indeed, and bringing her back into reality (and the stories) equally difficult.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds